Posted June 02, 2014
This school depends on the teacher you get. We did two years here with 2 children. First year was ok. Not wonderful. One child struggled and she caught up. One was advanced and he was bored most of the year. The second year was miserable! The 5th grade teacher threw items at my child. Told her no one liked her etc. My first grader wasnt allowed to even smile at me when I visited. Spent most of the year in trouble. Cried most days. Has lost his love of school. Its a shame. This has really damaged my children emotionally. Now I have therapy bills. Its all about test scores. Its sad. Dont walk but RUN.

Posted October 22, 2013
Lavergne Lake Elementary School is great. The principal, teachers and staff are so committed to the students success and are always so professional, friendly and polite.

Posted October 18, 2013
Lavergne Lake Elementary is truly an awesome school in great community. The teachers are wonderful. My child loves this school and so do I.

Posted August 21, 2013
Lavergne Lake is an excellent school. Principal McCann and all the teachers are committed and truly care for their students.

Posted August 21, 2013
Lavergne Lake is a wonderful school in a wonderful community. My kids have been attending this school for over three years. Great School!

Posted May 29, 2012
We moved from Smyrna to Lavergne and this was my daughter's first year at Lavergne Lake (4th grade). I love the school. The principal was out every morning to help with drop off and waved and spoke to everyone. The teachers are phenomenal! My daughter learned a lot and if she offered additional, advanced instruction for students who were ready. Parent involvement is great! Movie night, awards night and other activities were well attended. Overall, I was impressed and happy and she can't wait for next year.

Posted January 29, 2011
These reviews seem to be all over the place. Not enough discipline, too much discipline, which is it? I, for one, think this school is great. My daughter's teacher is attentive, answers e-mails almost immediately, and my daughter has thrived in her class. The principal is fantastic. Although this is the only school we've dealt with as a family, he has met my expectations as a leader. I have eaten lunch with my daughter several times and, yes, they do turn the lights out to calm the kids down (level 0 they call it. I think it's brilliant), but there are many classes at lunch at once so I don't see any reason to not try to keep it orderly. I have seen great parent involvement. I've volunteered for the PTO and they are just the nicest people ever! I think any school amounts to what you put into it as a parent and I am beyond thrilled with our experience so far!

Posted September 21, 2010
RUN from this school!! The condescending attitude toward the children and parents disgusts me. Talking is UNACCEPTABLE and children are treated like cattle. This is a pass the buck school. STAY AWAY!

Posted July 29, 2010
Terrible school. I had to change my child out of the school. All the staff, including the principal, library workers, and even the teachers were very rude. My daughter would come home every night crying because the staff treated her so badly. Meeting after meeting, the situation remained the same. I went directly to the school board. I would move out of the area if my child had to go back their. Too many issues to address here. There are many parents who agree with me and have started their own website to try to get the attention of the school board. This school is very poorly ran. The children are the ones who suffer in situations such as this.

Lavergne Lake Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2010
I love the way they promote family involvement

Lavergne Lake Elementary School
201 Davids Way, Lavergne, TN  37086
Last modified Lavergne Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lavergne Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top