Bad
Good

Well I'm a freshmen now, and I just graduated from Carroll Oakland and I can tell you we have some witches for teachers. They would tell us we were the worst group of kids they had ever seen which caused every kid in the grade to hate them. The few good teachers they had are now leaving, and I feel bad for every kid who is still going there. Especially the middle school students. They are redoing the school now, so there are big machines and drills everywhere. The worst teachers were the math teachers, it's like the school is cursed with mean math teachers so if your child struggles in math, DONT send them there. The only teachers I ever really liked are gone from the school now, and that just goes to show they need to do something different. I was not prepared for highschool whatsoever and they need to stop babying some of the kids, there was always a clear favorite. I wish I could've gone to school somewhere else.

My kids have gone to this school since Kindergarten. My oldest was in all honors classes and still is in High School. My youngest is now graduating from Carroll Oakland and is doing very well. This school knows how to recognize a childs natural gifts and nurture them and they know how to take a childs weaknesses and turn them into their strong points. I am so grateful that my children were able to attend this school as I believe it has set them up for promising futures!!

Fgffgggghhbh gggg gghhh j I hhh hjjhjjj frssdx hjjkk frfffg rtghhh hjj tffv jjj ttt kkj fff hhj.

This school is more like a military boot camp than an education for children. Pompous principal, inflated ego, and sincere lack of tact.

Apparently parents are not allowed to walk their children to class at this school, even if the really want you to because of something in the classroom. If you give a 24 hr. notice then you can go and "observe", why do you need time to prepared anyway, what needs to change between everyday activity and a planned "observation"? I just want to walk my kids to class at their own request.

We moved from GA (Mill Creek) school system. My kids were not happy about the move until they meet Mrs. Ferrel. She is a great leader and the teachers have followed her footsteps. We are very happy with our choice. We looked into Brentwood and Franklin because that's were everyone told us to move but we love the Lake and Lebanon is our home. We feel like we are home and love the school. Go take a visit with the schools before you buy a house. I am so glad we did!

Had a very hard year for 2009-2010 for my 4th grade son. One of three teachers seemed to pick on several students. Each student said the teacher would have them copy work from the board and she sat text messaging or surfing the web. Thank God the other 2 teachers, they are the only reason we survived!!

This school is like stepping back in time. The hallways are clean and shiny. The staff makes you and your child feel important. It gives you the feeling of the way school was back in time. Like my time 1962

My daughter goes to this school, and she is on the honor roll every time. Great thanks to the wonderful teachers!!!

My son started kindergarten this year at Carroll Oakland- I was very concerned because he has severe peanut allergies. The staff from the principal to the head of the cafeteria were wonderful and have been so incredibly nice and informative and helpful in assuring me that they would take excellent care of my son . The principal is wonderful, his teacher Ms. Gentry is fantastic and his experience for the first weeks at Carroll Oakland has been nothing but positive. They have helped him to adjust. I am very well please with this school and the fact my son loves it!!!

Last modified Carroll Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.