Lebanon High School

Public | 9-12

Posted August 13, 2013

The school is new and beautiful. The teachers are caring and helpful to the the kids that show respect, and they do their best otherwise. The old school was in sad shape and our town is so proud of our new facility. I sent my oldest child to Wilson Central and we loved it there as well. I was pleasantly surprised at the school's environment after hearing ugly rumors. My child is now a junior there and is enjoying the LHS experience very much.

Posted May 29, 2013

As a recent graduate from the University of Georgia, I look back fondly on my time at Lebanon High School. I find many of these reviews inaccurate and harsh. I was involved in many clubs and sports at LHS and then became a lettering athlete and sorority president in college. I had amazing recommendations from my LHS teachers (who cared about my future), which helped me receive an academic scholarship and graduate in 4 years, cum laude. I found I was just as prepared as most students when I started college. It is possible, that any poor experience at LHS reflects the efforts of the student or the parents. LHS gives young people everything they need to succeed, they just have to be willing to take advantage of it.

Posted May 23, 2012

I agree with the parents who said that Lebanon High School was getting a raw deal by the reviews of some parents. My son graduated after attending this school four years, and I found the teachers to be intelligent , compassionate, and caring individuals.who taught because they loved teaching The campus itself was very old, Now there is a new Lebanon High School.

Posted January 23, 2012

Avoid buying or renting in this area like the plague if you honestly care about your child's education. We moved from Ca. and the only research I was able to do was online. Seemed like a decent school, not the best but okay--I was wrong! SOME of the teachers are good, most are mediocre at best. It's like they take the dead weight teachers from all of Wilson county and send them to Lebanon. I'm honestly regretting buying in the area and am seriously considering home schooling as a result of Lebanon High (no complaints with the elementary school my younger kids go to though). Please do yourself a favor and buy or rent in the Wilson Central or Mount Juliet area if you're moving to Wilson County.

Posted March 31, 2010

Lebanon High School is an excellent school. The teachers are really involved in my students education. They also take time to help my child whenever they need it. I love this school and appreciate all Lebanon has done for my family.

Posted February 23, 2010

The school is okay. We need a new one! someone ran into a wall and yellow ooze came out! i have seen 4 or five cockroaches this year. The teachers pretty much let the kids run all over them. Occasionally the teachers discipline students, and then other kids call them 'mean' when they are just doing their job. The dress code is loosening up after spring break. (:

Posted February 22, 2010

Lebanon High School often gets 'the raw end of the deal.' This is certainly the case in regards to many of the other posters. By and large the school is staffed with excellent teachers who care about their students. If only more of our children could say their parents cared as much; they would enjoy much greater success both in school and in life. While I do agree that the school's facilities are abysmal, that is hardly the fault of the staff. Perhaps it is time that the parents of LHS's children and those of Wilson county put their money where their mouths are and fund a new school. I know I will.

Posted June 13, 2009

I really like this school I think the teachers are great but the principal & teachers are worried about the dress code more then the students. I remember it was close to the end of the school year and the teachers was cracking down on the students. I bet half of the students was mad because they wasnt doing that at the being of the school year why start now. I feel that the teachers are doing a great Job at doing what ever they have to do to get the students to pass.

Posted January 12, 2009

i think this school is great but they really need to worry more about the safety and education for the student more than cell phones and dress code Example: last week they made a sweep though the school looking for people out of dress code now what do those student learn all day in ISS nothing so the school is more worried about the stupid dress code than the education of the students! And reading some of the parents answers i know for a fact that at least WJB took great care of CDC becasue i helped in there i disagree parents try hard at least i know mine do to help my education the School is too small and my fourth block teacher has to borrow someone elses room because a differnt teacher uses her class.

Posted August 3, 2008

Wow from what I can see on this website, you parents are not involved in your children's lives at all. This school is not a bad school. I recently graduated from LHS and am going to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville and not paying a penny out of my pocket for it. I The AP classes at LHS are outstanding. They are far more superior to any other within the county. You parents obviously have not seen the some of the amazing classes at LHS (the AP ones). Apparently, the parents who believe this school is a bad institution must have children who are in the lower level classes and do not do their work. My classes alone were harder than any other classes in the county and continue to expand to my college career. You parents are simply being ignorant to anything positive about the school.

Posted March 29, 2008

I have a handicapped child and the special ed classroom at this school was a joke for my child. There is not equipment and limited PT and OT. She regressed so much I had to pull her out and homeschool her. I also found office staff rude and teachers uncaring. They got an attitude if I tried to get more services. I would never put my child back in this environment.

Posted March 13, 2008

Being a former LHS student and graduate, I am completely disappointed to see how the school has gone down over the years. My son was only a student there for a short time and I will admit that he was not the perfect student...but for him to be able to just walk out of the school with no one knowing where he was or be signed out by an older girl (claiming to be his aunt) is absolutely ridiculous. The school needs to tighten up on security, education and control over the students before it gets totally out of hand. From what I can tell they are too focused on the dress code and cell phone usage to truly grasp what is really important which is helping our students and building them up to succeed. These kids will be our future leaders and that scares me to death.

Posted November 5, 2007

I'm a student at this school currently, and I love it. It's way better than my elementary school. At that school, we had no clubs other than beta. And all we had was basketball,baseball, and football.And that was added about 4 or 5 years ago. Lebanon has so many clubs, it's crazy. We do have some fights,but rarely. Like a few in the beginning of the year and at the end. It's a really great school.Some of the teachers don't really teach[those are the one's every student hates] and others really try to help the student.It all depends on the student and the class. If it's a bad class, you won't learn anything. If it's a good class, you'll learn a lot while having fun. The new principal is trying his best, but I think he can do a whole lot better. Let you child come and try this school.

Posted August 24, 2007

I hope if considering going to this school, please read all of the reviews and pay close attn to what students r saying. My son is a soph. and MOST of the staff that I have met are rude.MayB that is why there is little parent involvement. My son was always on the principal's list prior to LHS.He is bored in MOST of his classes. Some teachers want to help, but most find excuses or feel they r being attacked.

Posted July 12, 2007

For the age of the school, I think it is in remarable condition. It is overcrowded, but the faculty and administration have done wonders raising test scores and overall student performance.

Posted July 3, 2007

Before my son started at LHS I had heard some stories and was truely concerned. He wanted to go there because all his friends were going there. We were new to TN and not sure about the schools. I am an involved parent, so we tried it. Now, I see how good this school and the staff is. It is a shame that there is so little parent involvement though. I see that the staff truely loves the students and tries to do their best for them during school hours. There are some really talented teachers there and caring staff members thoughout the school that are happy to help with anything. I would definitely recommend LHS to anyone for their high school age children.

Posted November 10, 2006

Lebanon High School provided me with every opportunity I needed to succeed in college. I am currently attending the United States Military Academy at West Point. Without the support of great faculty members and extremely talented teachers, I would not be here. The problem isn't in how the faculty members are 'incompetent', it rests with the student. If one isn't willing to work and put forth the effort, he or she isn't going to benefit at all. Furthermore, I guarantee that the age of the building has little bearing on how well a student learns.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 12, 2006

I have had 5 children graduate from LHS with the last one graduating in 2006. I have been a substitute teacher in this school as well. I would rank the school as low as possible in ALL aspects. My husband and I were proponents of public education and supported it whenever possible and felt that what the school could not provide our children we could pick up the slack so that is why we left them there. Teachers were very inadequate, honors classes were nothing more than regular classes elsewhere, students are spoon-fed the material, office staff is grossly unhelpful, and administration is horribly inadequate. Building is old and in poor repair and needs to be replaced.

Posted June 30, 2006

I am a student at Lebanon High School and I believe that this is the worse school that I have ever attended. Most of the teachers care nothing of the students, and though they claim that they do, they have an odd way of showing it. I don't know how the extracurricular activitys are because, after meeting the staff, I do not even want to waste my time. The only thing that LHS does is discipline. They will write you up for most anything small, yet student will drink or smoke at school, and come into class smelling strongly of alchohol, cigarettes(sp?), or even weed. The school also takes the dress code way to seriously, for minor things like frayed pant legs you will get written up. The school even leaks when it rains, and roaches live in the walls. I definatly would not recomend bringing your kids into this school.

Posted March 28, 2006

Speakin as a former student of this school coming from a fantastic school system, the system at Lebanon H.S. is awful. The building should have been fixed, as in torn down and rebuilt, years ago. Instead of stepping forward, I took 3 steps back. The extracurricular activities need more money, and not to mention better facilities. Parental involvment is next to nil. The teachers don't care then students won't care, and if the students won't care most parents won't care. And again I speak as a former student. Parents if you want your child to get a great education, get them to a better school. Get them in a school where the staff cares.
—Submitted by a former student

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

359 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

346 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

401 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

421 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

437 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

327 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A55%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

415 Harding Dr