Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

We moved to Lebanon from a small community. This huge school was a shock to my daughters system. We had a rocky start since she is not used to inner city schools. She isn't used to kids who don't have a supporting home life and has to get used to the diversity. We've had a few issues but they were promptly taken care of by the administration. I was able to get an unscheduled meeting with the principal with no problem. He sat with me for an hour and answered all my questions. My daughters guidance councelor is great. I called after 4:00 one day and she returned my call in 5 minutes. The honors program is awesome. The honors teachers used fun and creative ways for the students to learn. There is a wide array of foreign languages offered from Japanese to Latin. There also is a large variety of clubs- Harry Potter club, Japenese culture, Humane Society, etc. I am very happy with this school. the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there have been issues with students that refuse to learn but that is more of a parenting issue than the schools.

To be fair the teachers are good. The administration; however, is horrible! Information that needed to be sent out over the summer was done so via the newspaper and sign at the school, they have my email and phone number but couldn't seem to figure out how those things work unless sending useless automated messages. The busses aren't running per the published schedule, but that's the transportation departments problem, of course out of the school, transportation dept, and district nobody is communicating to each other nor to parents to attempt to relieve the issues. Today the school told many kids a different bus would pick them up in a different location, which left 8 kids stranded. If it were just 1 I could see it not being the school's fault, but 8? The office's response to the kids? "You have to find you own way home" NOT acceptable. Schedule's for the second semester were handed out too soon, the principle can never be found. It's so chaotic they really should have delayed the start of the 2015-2016 school year.

Most of these reviews need to be removed from this website. The parent comments are horrible and ignorant. I'm a freshmen at Lebanon High and I have had nothing but great expierinces with teachers and students. There is always going to be bad things and people anywhere you go, so you should not bash this school for having flaws that every other highschool in Tennessee has. There are some great people who work there and attend school there. Many clubs are offered at Lebanon that aren't offered at smaller highschools, because we have more people who are involved and active in the school. There are wonderful programs like FFA which is not just for hicks, trust me, and HOSA, which is great if you are going into health science. The teachers are great and energetic, which helps a lot when you are struggling in a class. The technology is great, and not outdated. The school has wifi and the teachers have plenty of tech to teach the class. Don't get me wrong, iPads would be nice! It's just a great all around school, and any student would absolutely love it. I know I do.

The school is new and beautiful. The teachers are caring and helpful to the the kids that show respect, and they do their best otherwise. The old school was in sad shape and our town is so proud of our new facility. I sent my oldest child to Wilson Central and we loved it there as well. I was pleasantly surprised at the school's environment after hearing ugly rumors. My child is now a junior there and is enjoying the LHS experience very much.

As a recent graduate from the University of Georgia, I look back fondly on my time at Lebanon High School. I find many of these reviews inaccurate and harsh. I was involved in many clubs and sports at LHS and then became a lettering athlete and sorority president in college. I had amazing recommendations from my LHS teachers (who cared about my future), which helped me receive an academic scholarship and graduate in 4 years, cum laude. I found I was just as prepared as most students when I started college. It is possible, that any poor experience at LHS reflects the efforts of the student or the parents. LHS gives young people everything they need to succeed, they just have to be willing to take advantage of it.

I agree with the parents who said that Lebanon High School was getting a raw deal by the reviews of some parents. My son graduated after attending this school four years, and I found the teachers to be intelligent , compassionate, and caring individuals.who taught because they loved teaching The campus itself was very old, Now there is a new Lebanon High School.

Avoid buying or renting in this area like the plague if you honestly care about your child's education. We moved from Ca. and the only research I was able to do was online. Seemed like a decent school, not the best but okay--I was wrong! SOME of the teachers are good, most are mediocre at best. It's like they take the dead weight teachers from all of Wilson county and send them to Lebanon. I'm honestly regretting buying in the area and am seriously considering home schooling as a result of Lebanon High (no complaints with the elementary school my younger kids go to though). Please do yourself a favor and buy or rent in the Wilson Central or Mount Juliet area if you're moving to Wilson County.

Lebanon High School is an excellent school. The teachers are really involved in my students education. They also take time to help my child whenever they need it. I love this school and appreciate all Lebanon has done for my family.

Lebanon High School often gets 'the raw end of the deal.' This is certainly the case in regards to many of the other posters. By and large the school is staffed with excellent teachers who care about their students. If only more of our children could say their parents cared as much; they would enjoy much greater success both in school and in life. While I do agree that the school's facilities are abysmal, that is hardly the fault of the staff. Perhaps it is time that the parents of LHS's children and those of Wilson county put their money where their mouths are and fund a new school. I know I will.

I really like this school I think the teachers are great but the principal & teachers are worried about the dress code more then the students. I remember it was close to the end of the school year and the teachers was cracking down on the students. I bet half of the students was mad because they wasnt doing that at the being of the school year why start now. I feel that the teachers are doing a great Job at doing what ever they have to do to get the students to pass.

Last modified Lebanon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.