Lebanon, TN

Posted November 15, 2014
Friendship is a family! My son has never been happier. He is from Hendersonville and has totally been accepted in among the other students. There is much stricter discipline than in public schools and we love being connected to his grades and the open communication with his teachers. There are students from all different denominations and we've meshed well with other parents. He wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Posted February 27, 2014
Happy Kids! That's what I see at Friendship Christian School. Our children started at FCS three years ago. They have found that the teachers are engaged, enthusiastic and really care about them. We have been pleased with their academics, their athletics, their arts program and spiritual programs. Most of all we notice that the children seem happy. Our children are constantly encouraged to do their best. Their reading has increased and the have become more self-starters with their work. I recommend our school all the time to families looking for something special for their children. I would encourage those interested to contact Mrs.Terresia Williams - she was great to get us started and answer all of our questions. I know that they also have students shadow for a day which I believe will help them see the culture and if it would be a good fit.

Posted February 07, 2014
Parents of 2 Children at Friendship. My kids started as Pre-K kids. It was obvious early that my kids would have hefty amounts of homework even at an early age. This continued until the day we pulled both of them out 6 and 7 years later. It seems that there was a lack of quality teaching at FCS. My kids would have to teach themselves through their homework sometimes 3-4 hours a night. If a student gets behind, the staff pretty much abandons the child. The school is extremely cliquey. Lebanon home grown kids are preferred. Financial problems are common. Athletics is a "mask" for the school. Athletics is what drives the school. It pretty much is all that matters. If you where to take athletics out of FCS the school would collapse under its own weight of poor academics.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school in no way prepares their students for life beyond. While Christianity is an emphasis here, it is used to mask the sub par teaching and preparedness. Our child attended for five years. In the middle of the three years she had the same teacher, who happened to be outstanding (and has since left the school). Had it not been for this teacher, we would have left long ago. The school is very clique"ish", and the students VERY unwilling to accept those not born and raised in Lebanon. As others have said, the school, while "non-denominational" is very rooted in the Church of Christ, and the school is not in the least sense ecumenical. Save your child, drive 15 minutes up the road to the private school in Gallatin. Your child will be prepared for their future instead of being stuck in mediocrity.

Posted May 24, 2012
I have been going to friendship for 8 years (since kindergarten) and I truly beleive it has ruined my childhood. I just started playing a sport 2 years ago and finally started fitting in. Before that I was an artist and singer and that got me shunned and hated. They are a bunch of snotty cliques and rude paranas out there in that school. I will strongly advise you NOT to come here if you are class of 2017.

Friendship Christian School 4

Posted May 08, 2012
This is our first year at FCS and our children seem to enjoy it well. We believe no school is perfect, but wanted to find the school that was a great "fit" for our family. FCS offers balance - excellent academics, impressive sports programs, great art and music classes, Christian studies and environment. Our children transitioned from another school, and we feel they have flourished at FCS. We have experienced no bullying, cliques or snobbery. Honestly, we have talked about how nice the faculty and the parents have been. Any concerns we have had were immediately and thoroughly addressed and even followed-up on. Any families considering FCS should come with an open mind and not have pre-conceived opinions based on other's experiences. Let your child decide for himself/herself. This is an excellent school with a myriad of opportunities for kids to apply themselves and excel in academics, sports or arts. There also is a huge amount of parent involvement here. Everyone has been exceedingly kind, whether on field trips or just working together at a Valentine's party. We are excited for our kids to be attending FCS and look forward to their future successes at FCS.

Posted September 10, 2011
I have attended FCS for 11 years now. I began in kindergarten, so I have seen the school change in many ways over the time I have been there. I considered the school to be pretty good up until about three years ago. Like a few others have said, the school is too focused on athletics, especially football. Sometimes, it appears that they focus on athletics more than they do academics. This school is also too sheltered. They try to hide you from the real world by being a "Christian environment." There are also annoying cliques in the school, and many students are very stuck up.Also, I gave FCS one star because they made their dress code more strict over the last three years. Every one looks too much alike now. They try to make everyone be a "cookie cutter" student by having a strict code of conduct, too. Not everyone needs to be the same, but FCS must think so. You can even get in trouble over something you don't even do at school. FCS does not offer many classes for you to take, too. There needs to be more choices for classes. One last reason for a low rating is that FCS likes to brag about how high the students' ACT scores are. Overall, I would not recommend this school for you.

Posted July 15, 2011
My children and I love FCS! We are excited about the new cafeteria roof, the new iPads, online prep for the ACT and SAT, and the way teachers go out of their way to meet students' needs. My children are growing academically and spiritually. They have never been bullied or looked down upon because they were not Church of Christ. I am sorry other students feel they have been treated poorly, but my children have never experienced that. I look forward to them finishing high school there!

Posted June 23, 2011
FCS is not a perfect place, but my kids will al graduate from there. Athletic and academic teams both rank highly statewide, and the Science Olympiad team just won the middle school state championship. The baseball team was just state runner-up. The softball team just made it to the substrate game but is often at state. The school does have C of C roots, but it is extremely blended now. A couple dozen or more faiths are represented in the students, and no single group is even at 50%. Although the faculty is small, it is becoming more and more diverse both in religion and ethnicity. Improvements are being made in several areas. Elective offerings have more than doubled in the last two years. Word is out that the school is partnering with Apple with an iPad initiative. Although last year's seniors nearly averaged 25 on the ACT, they are aiming higher. They have just begun to offer eprep, a test prep program for students, and they already put juniors through a week of ACT test prep. Classes are small. Almost every class is under 20, and some are under 10. They also have just replaced the roof over the cafeteria, and added a new middle school building about 3 years ago.

Friendship Christian School 2

Posted April 21, 2011
We have been at fcs for five years, and have put up with all the politics,clicks,snobs,and all the other great things that go along with a small private school....but when your child is not a cookie cutter kid....thats when it becomes a nightmare. We are so sad that Our experience there is ending the way it is. We had much higher hopes and planned on starting our children there and finishing there...but hiring teachers with zero training, to advertising small class rooms that no longer exist. The first time we went to the Administration with our concerns we were ignored. We are good Christian people, and do not judge others on their religious preferences. However, if you are not church of Christ you are often looked down at. I would not recommend fcs if your child has a out of the box personality, because they aren't excepted well, period. I would love to have the thousands of dollars I've invested there back, and but toward family time we haven't afforded. But most of all I wish we weren't left with a sad, bitter taste. Good luck with whatever road you choose for your children. If it is friendship, I only wish a better experience. We will be rebuilding our child's spirit.

Friendship Christian School
5400 Coles Ferry Pike, Lebanon, TN  37087
Last modified Friendship Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Friendship Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top