Lebanon, TN

Posted April 27, 2015
This is the 4th private school my child has attended due to my husband's job relocation. This is by far our best experience. We have been in schools smaller and larger per grade. The smaller schools had no options for athletics, and the larger schools were so big, my son wasn't able to make some of the teams. I have found that every school you go to is not perfect nor with perfect children (as hard as is it for some parent's to believe). My experience has been that if I have an issue with a teacher, I approach the teacher, and if the issue doesn't resolve, I involve the principal. It has worked very well for me so far. But I also show up when things are good, not just when they are bad. The academics are very challenging with honors classes and many choices for dual enrollment. We have been very pleased with the outcomes so far. I feel FCS prepares the students very well for the transition to college courses. My son feels very loved and accepted at school, but he is also very accepting and loving to others as the teachers and other parents tell me. I am very proud of the young man he is becoming and feel FCS has a lot to do with that.

Posted January 29, 2015
My family is so happy to be a part of the Friendship family. We have three children and they are doing very well academically. In addition, we are involved in athletics and performing arts - which has been a real plus. We recommend FCS. A good way to find out about the school is to go by and see them. They have an open door policy. Go by and see for yourself!

Posted January 08, 2015
Poor leadership and judgment - sending kids to school in single digit weather when all others are closed. Best interest for well-being of my child? I don't think so!

Posted November 15, 2014
Friendship is a family! My son has never been happier. He is from Hendersonville and has totally been accepted in among the other students. There is much stricter discipline than in public schools and we love being connected to his grades and the open communication with his teachers. There are students from all different denominations and we've meshed well with other parents. He wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Posted February 27, 2014
Happy Kids! That's what I see at Friendship Christian School. Our children started at FCS three years ago. They have found that the teachers are engaged, enthusiastic and really care about them. We have been pleased with their academics, their athletics, their arts program and spiritual programs. Most of all we notice that the children seem happy. Our children are constantly encouraged to do their best. Their reading has increased and the have become more self-starters with their work. I recommend our school all the time to families looking for something special for their children. I would encourage those interested to contact Mrs.Terresia Williams - she was great to get us started and answer all of our questions. I know that they also have students shadow for a day which I believe will help them see the culture and if it would be a good fit.

Posted February 07, 2014
Parents of 2 Children at Friendship. My kids started as Pre-K kids. It was obvious early that my kids would have hefty amounts of homework even at an early age. This continued until the day we pulled both of them out 6 and 7 years later. It seems that there was a lack of quality teaching at FCS. My kids would have to teach themselves through their homework sometimes 3-4 hours a night. If a student gets behind, the staff pretty much abandons the child. The school is extremely cliquey. Lebanon home grown kids are preferred. Financial problems are common. Athletics is a "mask" for the school. Athletics is what drives the school. It pretty much is all that matters. If you where to take athletics out of FCS the school would collapse under its own weight of poor academics.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school in no way prepares their students for life beyond. While Christianity is an emphasis here, it is used to mask the sub par teaching and preparedness. Our child attended for five years. In the middle of the three years she had the same teacher, who happened to be outstanding (and has since left the school). Had it not been for this teacher, we would have left long ago. The school is very clique"ish", and the students VERY unwilling to accept those not born and raised in Lebanon. As others have said, the school, while "non-denominational" is very rooted in the Church of Christ, and the school is not in the least sense ecumenical. Save your child, drive 15 minutes up the road to the private school in Gallatin. Your child will be prepared for their future instead of being stuck in mediocrity.

Posted May 24, 2012
I have been going to friendship for 8 years (since kindergarten) and I truly beleive it has ruined my childhood. I just started playing a sport 2 years ago and finally started fitting in. Before that I was an artist and singer and that got me shunned and hated. They are a bunch of snotty cliques and rude paranas out there in that school. I will strongly advise you NOT to come here if you are class of 2017.

Posted September 10, 2011
I have attended FCS for 11 years now. I began in kindergarten, so I have seen the school change in many ways over the time I have been there. I considered the school to be pretty good up until about three years ago. Like a few others have said, the school is too focused on athletics, especially football. Sometimes, it appears that they focus on athletics more than they do academics. This school is also too sheltered. They try to hide you from the real world by being a "Christian environment." There are also annoying cliques in the school, and many students are very stuck up.Also, I gave FCS one star because they made their dress code more strict over the last three years. Every one looks too much alike now. They try to make everyone be a "cookie cutter" student by having a strict code of conduct, too. Not everyone needs to be the same, but FCS must think so. You can even get in trouble over something you don't even do at school. FCS does not offer many classes for you to take, too. There needs to be more choices for classes. One last reason for a low rating is that FCS likes to brag about how high the students' ACT scores are. Overall, I would not recommend this school for you.

Posted July 15, 2011
My children and I love FCS! We are excited about the new cafeteria roof, the new iPads, online prep for the ACT and SAT, and the way teachers go out of their way to meet students' needs. My children are growing academically and spiritually. They have never been bullied or looked down upon because they were not Church of Christ. I am sorry other students feel they have been treated poorly, but my children have never experienced that. I look forward to them finishing high school there!

Friendship Christian School
5400 Coles Ferry Pike, Lebanon, TN  37087
Last modified Friendship Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Friendship Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top