Lebanon, TN

Posted April 11, 2013
What a wonderful school! It is refreshing to find a school that cares so much about the growth of its students! My child's individual needs are catered to and focused on building his strengths and improving his weaknesses. From staff to principal and coach to teacher, it is apparent that their intention is to help my child grow and succeed! Thank you CFE for consistently going above and beyond!

Coles Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2011
My children have gone there for 5 yrs and we love it! The teachers have been so welcoming. My children have grown and flourished in this school.

Posted August 21, 2011
High quality teachers, wish I could say the same for the administration. Who thinks its a good idea to install big screen tvs in the cafeteria for the kids to watch cartoon network while they eat? Their response is that it is only one day a week, but I think its a JOKE! Let these kids interact with each other! So excellent teachers, administration leaves a lot to be desired!

Posted January 10, 2010
My two grandsons attend Coles Ferry and we are all very satisfied with teachers and administration. Everyone is very friendly and very family oriented.

Coles Ferry Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2009
Coles Ferry used to be a great school. Now the students are wxpected to be mini adults. Many of their social rights have been taken especially at lunch time with a riduculous 'Talk light' meter. We are moving and will be glad to leave Coles Ferry.

Posted October 06, 2008
My child is new to Coles Ferry this year. I like that the school is bright with walls full of student projects. I've encountered talented teachers and friendly staff, however I found the Principal to be less than friendly and a little rigid when interacting with students and parents. The idea behing the EXTEND Program is good, but it seems underfunded and understaffed to really be effective for those students with high scholastic abilities. The students only participate a few hours each week.

Posted October 01, 2008
My child is in kindergarten at Coles Ferry and I am very pleased w/ the school. His teacher, Amy Sturm, is a great teacher and has taught the children so much already.

Posted September 30, 2008
The no child left behind is for the birds my child can multiply and divide but if two or three children in the class cant add 2 plus three my child has to keep doing the simple addition until the other kids have it. My son is so bored in class that he gets in trouble.The school is very safe the new principal and vice principal do not have the personality that mr edwards and mrs owens had they were freindly and verry receptive to the parents the two replacments do not.They do have some great teachers but they try to teach the children just what is on the tcaps

Coles Ferry Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2008
Until third and fouth grades, Coles Ferry proved to be an outstanding school in providing a broad range of learning experiences. At third and fourth grades, the cirriculum becomes geared to scoring high on TCAPS. Text books, 'canned' tests, and poorly constucted study guides based upon these tests are used in order to cover what they hope will be on the TCAPs. Children are not given opportunities to learn to express ideas nor are they given as many hands on activities as are needed in order for them to understand what and why they are learning social studies or science. Grades on report cards may be excellent but they are based upon your child's 'regurgitation' of what they have been given to learn from the study guides. Some of the study guides have incorrect material.

Coles Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2007

Coles Ferry Elementary School
511 Coles Ferry Pk, Lebanon, TN  37087
(615) 443-1946
Last modified Coles Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coles Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top