Lexington, TN

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter is about to graduate from LHS. She has loved her teachers and the staff and graduating with honors

Posted June 14, 2012
the principal is not good, he insults his staff and is two faced. The school is on a downward path.

Lexington High School

Posted October 09, 2010
The counselors are the best!!

Posted March 10, 2010
LHS has made lots of positive changes in the last few years, and as an alumnus, this is a great thing to see. Classes are tough, teachers are strict, and school spirit is evident in our city. Leadership at the school could be better, but overall, the strength of the teachers and their willingness to work with students carries LHS through. I would recommend it to anyone for their child.

Posted March 10, 2010
L.H.S is a growing school that has a lot of skilled teachers. It has really improved in the last 3 or 4 years, and is working to get even better with the redesign grant they have. My daughter loves her teachers, feels at home at school, and seems to be challenged without being swamped with busy work. Great job L.H.S!

Posted August 07, 2009
I love this school because of all the things to do! even tho its hard to get to classes on time, they go easy on you :)

Lexington High School 3

Posted October 29, 2008
As a parent of a recent graduate I was pleased with the opportunities afforded my child while attending LHS. As a college freshman she is able to compete and excell in her classes at UT. As student of the dual enrollment program, she has already completed her college math requirements. There is always room for improvement in any school but I believe that the opportunity for a quality education is certainly available at Lexington High School.

Posted August 18, 2008
As a UT graduate I will have to say that Lexington needs to step up its game. I excelled in advance courses while in high school there, but still had to take developmental classes when I went to Jackson State Community College. I did graduate both JSCC and UT with great scores, but because of my high school education I started out in college far behind most students. I hope parents will push the high school to be more successful, and therefore produce more successful students. Good Luck LHS!!!!

Posted April 02, 2008
Lexington High School is way below average. About 1/3 the teachers at LHS don't actually teach. They are out of the room most of the time, or they give you busy work that has no substance for your education. One day I had to go to the room next door to tell them to turn their music down and quit yelling because I was trying to take a test. In four other classes I've taken, the teacher was out of the room almost everyday. LHS is launching 'Freshman Academy'. That means they're not letting freshmen interact with other grades, which is ignorant because it just makes them feel like the new kid longer. The honors program is quite wonderful. It's challenging and education-fortified. Mrs. Savage and Mrs. Cooper are my personal favorites. Basically, LHS is not where you want to send your child unless they plan on taking all honors courses.

Posted October 21, 2007
I do not think there is enough challenge for students. Dropping the lowest grade or allowing makeup work should not be allowed in the upper grades. The band is small, where is the music at this school. Getting credit for sports but not music is wrong.

Lexington High School
284 White Street, Lexington, TN  38351
Last modified Lexington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lexington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top