Posted March 12, 2010
I currently attend LHS and I canhonestly say this school has its good and bad overviews. Things come easily to me but sometimes even I have difficulty understanding a certain teacher's teaching method. Over all, this is a good school with a caring principal and lovable staff.

Posted February 18, 2010
This school stinks, they never have homework, they study for major tests that are designed to give the school and teachers more moinies, but they hardly ever learn anything new. Unless you are a highly motivated, self starter on your own, this school is for babysitting only!

Loretto High School 5

Posted February 08, 2010
I think this is a great school my child really likes this school. She has been in other schools and this is the one she liked the best.

Posted January 14, 2010
As a fomer LHS student, I would not recommend sending my child to the high school. When I started college, It was apperant that I did not have the same foundation that other students had. They do not focus on education, only discipline.

Loretto High School 5

Posted October 16, 2009
my son loves Loretto High School. He says there is nothing like it, He says it is excellent and I like it to. He does really good there. He is on the football team and is planning in trying out for basketball.

Loretto High School 2

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009
As an alumni of LHS, the lack of quality education is painfully apparant whenever the student begins college. Alot of pressure is put onto students to excel in the mathematic area. I believe that LHS loses sight of the significance of other courses such as English, and History. I had amazing grades in these courses, yet was constantly made to feel inferior because of my lack of mathematical skills. Despite this i managed to recieve a full-ride scholarship to the school of my choice. However once beginning the actual classes i realized how behind i was. Mr. Phillip Wright, the principal for the 2008-2009 school year was incredibly partial to certain students, and many of us had expressed concern in this area. His extreme favoritistic behavior became a major problem with the discipline system at LHS. We're very happy to welcome Mr. Augustin as the new LHS leader.

Loretto High School 1

Posted July 27, 2009
I am an alumni of LHS who also went to other schools and am torn between my loyalty to the school and my knowledge of the quality of education there. As much as it pains me to admit, the quality of education at Loretto High is very poor with the exception of a handful of driven but tired teachers. I graduated from high school having done one science experiment; many of my fellow alums could not pass college chemistry and physics classes because we had never been exposed to the material. Note-taking is extinct there except with one or two teachers. If one can overlook the problems with No Child Left Behind and the constant behavior issues at LHS (in every class period every day), one still finds too many uninspired teachers who don't want to spend the time to make learning fun. I sincerely, lovingly hope it improves.

Loretto High School 4

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted May 18, 2009
LHS is a good small school with approximately 550 students, but to correct the student who posted that it is prodomainantly middle to low income Catholic students, there are only approximately 20-25 Catholic students at LHS and that means that it is not prodomaintly Catholic. It is prodomaintly christian, with some of those christians being Catholic.

Loretto High School
525 Second South Av, Loretto, TN  38469
Last modified Loretto High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loretto High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top