9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Goodpasture High School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 31, 2016
It is a fairly strict religious school. Much like the military, they tend to no tolerate disrespectful behavior.

Goodpasture High School 3

Posted May 31, 2016
Will disagree with other posts on here about it not being a christian atmosphere. sure there are a few bad apples but you will have that everywhere. The real issue is the academics. They are simply just average academics. If you are zoned for hunters lane and want to get away (and I don't blame you) Davidson Academy has a much better bang for your buck.

Posted September 24, 2013
Goodpasture Christian School has been a tremendous blessing to our family. Both of our children have received an excellent education and have been offered numerous college scholarships based on ACT scores and achievement. Both of our children also received over 15 hours of college credit prior to graduating, but many students graduate with between 30 and 40 hours of college credit completed. Although Goodpasture offers several dual enrollment college courses taught by adjunct college professors and many AP courses as well, perhaps the greatest thing about Goodpasture is the spiritual emphasis. Students from all faiths are welcomed and loved as children of God. Students are taught that each child is unique and special in God's eyes. Goodpasture has almost 900 students, and over 225 are children of alumni. That is a huge statement of confidence in the school! We would not want our children to be anywhere else!

Posted September 18, 2013
Goodpasture is a valuable investment in the future. Of all the opportunities and experiences that my husband and I are striving to offer our children, attending Goodpasture is among the top. It is an environment where they can experience high academic learning, competitive extra curricular activities, and spiritual and moral growth that will impact their life from this point forward. This school is unique in its ability to offer many experiences where its students, ages 1 yr. old- Seniors, can interact regularly with one another in ways that offer learning, mentoring and serving opportunities. Nearly 30 years ago, I met my best friend in Goodpasture's Little Red Schoolhouse; I loved cheering with some great girls through middle school and high school; somewhere between the Christmas Food Drive and Calculus, I made lifelong friends; and I married my high school sweetheart whom also graduated from Goodpasture. How thankful I am that I still have those relationships today, and to see so many of those people back at Goodpasture with their children! And while I am so thankful for Goodpasture and the way it enriched my life, I truly believe it has much more to offer our children today!

Posted September 17, 2013
Goodpasture Christian School is in its 48th school year. I believe others should know that Goodpasture is welcoming to all faiths who put their hope and confidence in Jesus Christ. Many of our faculty and staff have worked at GCS for over 20 years and the level of loyalty to our students and to our school is unmatched. Since our school is debt free, our tuition levels make Goodpasture Christian School one of the best values in Middle Tennessee for excellence in Christian / private education. I am impressed that so many of our families sacrifice greatly for their child to attend Goodpasture. We are a school of excellence, but we do not try to have an elitest mindset. We Build Confidence in each of our students, as well as, as nurturing their Spiritual Strength and developing them Intellectually and Cognitively. Our school has improved greatly in recent years with the vast improvements we have made in technology and in our teacher development.

Posted August 26, 2013
Absolutely love this school! I went here for 12 years and they were the best 12 years of my life. Not only are the academics great, but the spiritual side has blessed my life so much.

Goodpasture High School 2

Posted July 03, 2013
Native Nashvillian here AND raised church of christ as well. I know many people that attended Goopasture and even a few kids there now. I will have to say that some of the other reviews are spot on concerning the un-christian like atmosphere. Church of christ churches suffer from this as well - very cliquish and cold. Additionally, I have found the quality of education to be below that of what one should expect from a private school. Just on par with a good public school (not an oxymoron). Also, they suffer from a lack of quality kids in enrollment. I would think that the students would be more motivated knowing their parents are paying for it. Education also suffers due to attempted indoctrination. They should take a lesson from the Catholic schools and don't beat you with their beliefs during school.

Goodpasture High School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
The academics seemed too easy and I found out I was behind when I switched over to one of the magnet schools. Students at the pubic school also act a lot more Christian-like than most of the ones here. I even found it hard to believe this school represents the Church of Christ, or any church at all. The hostile snooty un-Christian-like environment is enough to make you run for the hills. Cant believe you have to actually pay money to go here. Man, what a dump.

Posted May 08, 2013
Best choice we made for our children was to take advantage of the education Goodpasture has to offer. Not only are they soaring academically, they are growing in their spiritual walk daily with the help of Christian educators who can freely share their faith.

Goodpasture High School 2

Posted February 24, 2011
The school is ridiculous. If you haven't been there since day 1 you are not accepted easily and as for sports if you haven't had a sibling go there or goes there or if you don't know the coach's very well you have a hard time at sports academics are not very good either to easy and the school just over all does not strive for execellence

Goodpasture High School
619 Due West Avenue, Madison, TN  37115
Last modified Goodpasture High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12