Maryville, TN

Posted May 08, 2015
This school is horrible. The administrative staff are rude with no consideration for the families of the children that attend the school. They look for reasons to suspend the students and send them to Everett due to the over crowding. It is sad that I would rather have my child at the alternative school than Heritage Middle. When I went to pull my child out to enroll them in the online school Heritage Middle refused to release her. I had to call a lawyer. One phone call from the lawyer and they released her that day. They also are trying to charge my child for books that she turned in to Everett two years ago. The books total roughly $400. Why is this school not being held accountable for their fraud?!

Heritage Middle School 2

Posted February 17, 2015
My children haven't been in this school system long but we do NOT care for this school. Yeah it's updated to "look" pretty, new and professional but it has horrible staff with nasty attitudes working in the front office. Their sports are a joke and the academic program isn't impressing us much either. Much needed internal improvements here.

Posted January 07, 2015
I do not care for this school. I feel everything else means more than the children and bullying goes on all the time and nothing is done until a fight breaks out and then other children break it up. The one who was getting bullied is the one who gets in more trouble. The fees are wrong.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is the joke of Blount County academics are poor and the sports programs haven't won anything since forever. For good reason too,some of the coaches wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the eye. I moved my family to east TN. specifically for sports and already knew we would be sacrificing a little academically. But didn't know it would be this bad. I will be getting my children out of this school as fast as I can. It doesn't surprise me to find out that they are also ripping parents off over the text books either. Everyone I have spoke with about this school has had nothing good to say about it.

Heritage Middle School 3

Posted November 07, 2013
I agree with the book scam at heritage middle school. We buy book covers to protect the books and every year I pay for damaged books. I have 2 kids there and both have damaged book fees every year. They have to be charging for the same damaged books each year.

Posted April 15, 2013
Heritage Middle School- Amber Williams is the worst VP of any school. She is rude, unsupportive to the parents of the HMS students. She should make 2012-2013 school year her last since she apparently doesn't appreciate hard working-devoted parents who want to see their children succeed. Too many things to mention about the lack of teacher participation. Pathetic!

Posted May 05, 2012
Heritage Middle School is a joke. 2 years in a row I was made to pay for books that already had been damaged before assigned to my children. This year I have to pay $63 for a Language Arts textbook that a parent already paid for the year before. Can they do this? Can they really keep making parents pay for the same damages every time they assign these books to children. I mean seriously the damage done to my sons book was already there and paid for by another parent last school year. Now this year I have to pay for it again. This is NOT right!!!

Heritage Middle School

Posted September 21, 2009
It has great teachers & spirit!

Heritage Middle School 5

Posted July 09, 2007
This school is the best school that any of my kids have gone to. They focus on Academics, and do wonderfully in sports. The principal is wonderful! I love love love this school. They should be every schools roll model. They provide a friendly and calming atmosphere, and really care about the students. I highly reccomend this school.

Heritage Middle School
3737 East Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville, TN  37804
Last modified Heritage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top