Maryville Intermediate School 1

Posted September 08, 2010
My son was diagnosed in the second grade with ADD, which was totally ignored by his teachers and especially the asst. principal. Well we won't say any names since we are currently involved in a legal battle over their lack of ethics and compassion for any child who is not exactly perfect. My recommondation is that if you have another choice, then in Gods name and for your childrens' sake take it!!! Also they refused to test him for a 504, which is against the law.(because they don't have any children in their school on such a program). Gee, I wonder why?

Posted June 16, 2010
Great communication with teachers. I check my childs grades online on a regular basis so I can make sure he is doing his work and stay on him he he looked like he was falling behind. If I had doubt he was slipping, I would send an email to the teachers and I always received a timely response. My son is in Orchestra and loved it. They do prepare the kids for the responsibilities that will be coming in Middle and High School..

Posted March 19, 2009

Maryville Intermediate School 0

Posted March 15, 2009
This school does not adequately prepare students for the academic rigor to come in middle schools, high schools, and colleges. The test scores may be good, but the social environment is to elementary and the students are babied and not held accountable. I have been amazed at how often late work is accepted and the number of times students are allowed to take tests over until they get the grade they want. Students need to be taught that deadlines are important as are the details. If you want a school that is going to make your child feel good all the time then send them here. However, if you want a school that is going to teach your child the skills necessary to meet academic rigor, develop good study skills, learn to meet deadlines and take responsibility for their learning and behavior then I recommend you look elsewhere.

Posted October 30, 2008
This school is the best school I've ever been to! The orchestra class is so much fun, and the after school activities are great, too! The differant groups help us make new friends and get help with any trouble we're having understanding something!

Posted January 03, 2008
The Intermediate school is amazing! This school has it all - great teachers, friendly staff, approachable administration, a beautiful building with awesome view of the Smoky Mountains, tons of parent and community support/involvement, and the list goes on. The curriculum is very hands-on, keeps the students busy, while making them think. We really enjoy this school (and the rest of the school system).

Posted July 24, 2006

Posted October 02, 2005

Posted August 26, 2005
This school is the reason my family moved to Maryville. I've been amazed and blown away by the support and desire of the staff to provide the best educational opportunities for my child. Not only that, but they're always available to talk to me whenever I have any concerns or questions. I'm especially thrilled with the concept of having a school for 5th and 6th graders as this group of preteens have unique needs separate from elementary and middle school students. Every community needs to have a school modeled after MIS!

Maryville Intermediate School
835 Montgomery La, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Maryville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maryville Intermediate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top