Bad
Good

My son has had a phenomenal first year since our move to Maryville, TN. He is not only academically ready for middle school - even through testing, but also he is ready mentally and physically. The professional staff, office staff and teachers have all made our transition to this school with ease and have answered every question any time there were questions. Whether questions were answered via text message or via e/mail, they were always friendly and informative. Thank you to every person who has made Maryville Intermediate School what it is today! This is a highly recommended school and has tested very well.

My son was diagnosed in the second grade with ADD, which was totally ignored by his teachers and especially the asst. principal. Well we won't say any names since we are currently involved in a legal battle over their lack of ethics and compassion for any child who is not exactly perfect. My recommondation is that if you have another choice, then in Gods name and for your childrens' sake take it!!! Also they refused to test him for a 504, which is against the law.(because they don't have any children in their school on such a program). Gee, I wonder why?

Great communication with teachers. I check my childs grades online on a regular basis so I can make sure he is doing his work and stay on him he he looked like he was falling behind. If I had doubt he was slipping, I would send an email to the teachers and I always received a timely response. My son is in Orchestra and loved it. They do prepare the kids for the responsibilities that will be coming in Middle and High School..

This school does not adequately prepare students for the academic rigor to come in middle schools, high schools, and colleges. The test scores may be good, but the social environment is to elementary and the students are babied and not held accountable. I have been amazed at how often late work is accepted and the number of times students are allowed to take tests over until they get the grade they want. Students need to be taught that deadlines are important as are the details. If you want a school that is going to make your child feel good all the time then send them here. However, if you want a school that is going to teach your child the skills necessary to meet academic rigor, develop good study skills, learn to meet deadlines and take responsibility for their learning and behavior then I recommend you look elsewhere.

This school is the best school I've ever been to! The orchestra class is so much fun, and the after school activities are great, too! The differant groups help us make new friends and get help with any trouble we're having understanding something!

The Intermediate school is amazing! This school has it all - great teachers, friendly staff, approachable administration, a beautiful building with awesome view of the Smoky Mountains, tons of parent and community support/involvement, and the list goes on. The curriculum is very hands-on, keeps the students busy, while making them think. We really enjoy this school (and the rest of the school system).

Last modified Maryville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.