Maryville, TN

Posted September 02, 2013
I defiantly rate this school at a five. The teachers and faculty are very nice to the students and help the children in any way they can. They are also easy to talk to if you have any concerns about your child. I have seen major improvements come from my children as a result from attending this school.

Posted February 08, 2011
CMS is the best school EVER. There's a certain 8th grade history teacher who is probably the best history teacher ever. CMS is clean, with GREAT teachers, and an AMAZING staff. The administrators are the best I've ever had. They really get to know the students. The rules actually work. And the Cougar Cash rewards system is actually a good thing. The teachers are all understanding and very cool. I wish more schools were like this! The teachers here have made this school one of the best school's I've ever attend. I LOVE CARPENTERS MIDDLE SCHOOL!

Posted August 11, 2010
I can't say enough positive attributes about CMS. Both of our kids had the priviledge of attending CMS ~~ it was the best 5 years of our lives! I had heard from other parents how horrible the middle school years were at any school but CMS is the exception to the rule. Our children excelled and wanted to go to school everyday. The faculty really care about the overall well being of all students on and off campus. Any teacher really stood by an open door policy. This school should be rated 5 stars! Both of our kids have graduated from CMS and have moved on to William Blount High School. We will miss CMS! They have best faculty and principal! It is group effort that they take seriously everyday in teaching your child and keeping them safe ~~~ Priceless!!

Carpenters Middle School 1

Posted July 29, 2010
The teachers try to do fun activities that is just embarassing to otheres the students should have a choice of whether tthey want to play or not.If a student is having trouble in school confront them and ask if they would like to be in a after school class or a study hall.

Posted November 19, 2007
I love the individualized attention given to each child's needs. My son excels at school and it is in no small part to the great teachers at CMS. You are appreciated more than you know, thank you for caring about our children.

Posted June 28, 2006
Carpenters is an excellent school. My daugher came there from Maryville Christian where she would come home with 3 hrs of homework and made very little academic progress in the year she was there. WOW what a difference Carpenters was! She has advanced so much this year-making A/B honor roll and even Principals honor roll one 9 weeks. The teachers are GREAT and very easy to communicate with. The few times I called, I was called back within the hour most of the time. Everyone seems very involved and vested in the children and the school and it shows. I cannot think of a bad thing to say. Say what you will about 'county' schools, but this is one county school that can blow all those other schools out of the water!

Posted August 04, 2005
My son started this school this first year it opened - 2001. We moved from Illinois, where he had to go to private school because of learning disabilities that the school system there just couldn't deal with. What a difference Carpenter's was! They welcomed him with open arms and made every accomodation necessary without one complaint. They made him number one! He flourished, and by the time he graduated from 8th grade, a kid who would never do his work, was asking for work to do! My dauther is going to graduate from there this year, we will really miss it. It's been the best school my kids have ever attended. Thank you to the the teachers, principal and all of the staff!

Posted August 19, 2004
I think this school is excellent. The teachers for the most part seem very competent and are even liked by the children. I have two children there now and out of 8 or 10 teachers, there is only one whom my child does not feel is teaching what is needed to address the subject. The principal and vice principal are wonderful. They are motivational and fair, and they really believe that the children are wonderful and tell them every morning to 'go be excellent.' The children also like them but respect them also. Wonderful school. Wouldn't change if I had the chance.

Carpenters Middle School
920 Huffstetler Road, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Carpenters Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenters Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top