Carpenters Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2013
CES is a school that can easily pride itself in academic excellance. I wouldn't want my children to be anywhere else in Blount County, the eduction offered them is outstanding. The educational enviroment is clean, up to date and 'ready' for learning to begin. The teachers are great with the kids, working to help them be thier best. The principal is very focused on test scores and curriculum, (as he should be) but unfortunatly, he appears to be uncomfortable in interactions with adults that question him about 'happenings' at school, to the point of avoiding contact with parents who seek input from him. As principal, he sets the standard for the teachers to follow and should hold teachers accontable to a standard of not only textbook excellance but social excellance. Because of these praises, it is hard for me to express my saddness about the lack of 'community' of the school. The school does not feel very welcoming to parent involvement. There seems to be a limitation on parent involvement to only fundraisers, I believe that if given the chance, parents could do/ could be so much more. Parents desire more opportunities to be an active part of our children's learning experience.

Posted March 23, 2012
i absolutely love carpenter's elementary school. i have 2 children who attend(k and 1st grades) the amount of enthusiasm that is given to the children to learn is awesome. The teachers push the kids to do their personal best everyday!!! I would recommend this school as to any in blount county. All the staff that i have come in contact with are very pleasent and very patient with each child and that gives me a since of security. My son has adhd and his teacher is so understanding and is always trying to challenge him to keep him busy and she is always in contact with me on his progress and things that i can do to help. A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!

Posted January 08, 2010
Great teachers. They work very hard. They also did a Winter Fest fund raiser for the kids that was great fun. They all stayed very late that night and did tons of games,crafts and food. Dedicated staff all through. Very clean school as well.

Posted September 08, 2009
I rate it a 10 its a great school to send your children to... My daughter loves going to school here the teachers are great .

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter attented Carpenter's Elementary for the 2008-2009 school year as a Kindergaten student. She has done exceptionally well. The teachers at this school are very engaged and a joy to work with for parents. The principal and vice principal are ever present and give each parent a sense of comfort through their endless engagement at every level. This school has excellent curriculm, leadership and diciplinary processes. I would recommend to anyone.

Carpenters Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2009
My daughter just started this school this year and I am not impressed at all. The things she is made to do in second grade is stuff that she was doing in kindergarten and first grade in Arkansas. The teacher pretty much told me that my daughter wasn't smart enough for the accelerated math, but I pushed and now she is in it the problems are so easy for her. her old school is multiplying and over here she just started subtraction. The music program is very lacking. I will be looking for a different school this next school year.

Carpenters Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2009
I am a Grandmother of a student. This is her 1st year. 3rd grader. She is doing very good. Loves her Teacher.

Posted February 02, 2009
Love this school. Phenomenal curriculum. Pushes kids academically. Definitely getting them ready for higher education.

Posted November 20, 2007
This school has only been open 2 years and has already proven to be excellent in terms of teacher quality, student achievement and commitment of the administration to all children.

Posted November 20, 2007
My daughter attends CES and loves it. She has had wonderful teachers that have been willing and able to deal with her many ups and downs. I also appreciate the music program and all the opportunities he students are given to learn and perform.

Carpenters Elementary School
915 Huffstetler Rd, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Carpenters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenters Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top