Maryville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,574

Posted June 01, 2014
There are lots of opportunities for students to become involved in learning, sports, clubs, and community service. HHS has forged a partnership with local healthcare facilities for students to get a head start in getting prepared for the workforce. This school really helps to get students a chance to experience a career path that interests them. This is a great way to help students know what path they plan to take after graduation from high school. This also helps the community by producing a workforce with some experience, instead of a workforce with no trade or workplace knowledge. Schools should also be evaluated by the members it supplies to the local workforce, not only the number of college graduates. Very pleased with the types of learning opportunities available. Eager to see where the school can go and open up to the community for more collaborations for learning!

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers at HHS really care and listen to the students. If a student say they understand, teachers will work as hard as the student works to get it. There are opportunities for parents to be involved (if they choice to). Communication to parents is better than in other counties schools nearby. My child comes home daily telling about her day, both social and academic experiences. So glad my child is in HHS at this pivotal time of life. My child is challenged by the teachers to find a desire to learn from inside- that is were learning has to begin!! I can only say "Thank You HHS!"

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers my child has had in her freshmen year are head and shoulder better than I expected. My child loved her science teacher and was always talking about what they were doing. So happy to see hungry for learning!!! Thank you to her teachers at HHS

Posted April 22, 2014
Heritage is an excellent high school. My daughter graduated four years ago and is currently working on her masters degree at UTK. She says she was better prepared than her peers her freshman year of college, and continues to chair study groups and student organizations. My son will graduate this year and his post secondary training is already paid for as a result of the CTE programs. Heritage offers outstanding opportunities for students and aids them in developing and pursuing their interest whether it be a four year college or a trade school. My children are proof that what they are doing at Heritage can produce highly motivated, well prepared students. The parents I have spoken with that are unhappy are "reactionist", they only become involved when there is an academic or disciplinary issue. This style of parenting will hinder a childs education no matter what school they attend. Our family feels that Heritage is a great school, providing educational opportunities not found in many local schools and, if taken advantage of, will prepare your child better than any other in the county.

Heritage High School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
This school has REALLY bad problems with mold that NEED to be addressed. And the building smells awful. As far as getting a quality education goes, 80% of the teachers are sub-par. The reason I am giving the school 2 stars instead of 1 is because of the other 20%. The AP Calculus and AP English programs are extremely good. Those two programs have produced many success stories including my own. Some of the upper-level teachers are rather outstanding, but they are a stark contrast to the rest. I suppose the main issue with this school is that it's underfunded. County taxpayers shop in the city of Maryville, and all of that money goes to the city schools. If Maryville dished money out to the county schools instead of pouring it into their city school system (complete with an astroturf field), then Heritage and William Blount might have some potential. But alas, Heritage has no funds and therefore its education system is trash (besides the 2 AP classes I mentioned).

Heritage High School 1

Posted July 31, 2012
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEIR FUTURE!!! Constant Fights, Arrogant Administrators, Underqualified Teachers (they do not know how to teach), Filthy Environment, and the list goes on and on! After 1 year we pulled our child out and enrolled them into a different area school. Sad that I need to pay for my childs education.....but at least now I am confident in my childs future.

Posted August 04, 2011
I graduated from Heritage last May, and I have to say regardless of what anyone may say, Heritage is an amazing school! It is the only school I've ever attended, where I felt like teachers actually cared about me, not only as a grade, but as a person. True, our scores may not be the best, but high school isn't just about academics, it's about meeting people, learning how the real world functions, how to deal with people that you would not interact with under any other circumstances.

Heritage High School 1

Posted August 02, 2011
Please do your children a favor and do not send them to this school! I graduated from HHS in '88 and my daughter will graduate from there in 2012. Unfortunately, it has been all down hill since I left. You will be able to tell by reading the reviews on this site what kind of education the students are getting.....constant misspellings and grammatical errors galore. There are students spitting tobacco in the floors with nothing being done about it. This school is truly the joke of Blount County. I feel sorry for my daughter, and if I could go back and do it over again, I would pay to send her to private school where she could get the education and support that she deserves. I cannot get any support from the staff there. They have an arrogant and complacent attitude and are unwilling to help. If you are considering moving to this county, move to the William Blount zone. It is the lesser of two evils.

Heritage High School 3

Posted February 09, 2010
I currently attend this school and i must say im not very impressed with its accademic classes, but it has an exceptional vocational program.

Heritage High School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
Heritage High School is one of the best schools by far to send your kids. My kids go there and they love it.

Heritage High School
3741 East Lamar Alex Parkway, Maryville, TN  37804
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top