Maryville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,574

Heritage High School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
Made incredibly low grades my year and a half of being there, switched to homeschooling and I'm now making straight A's. The school is filled with a bunch of morons who like to interrupt lectures just to become a class clown; they were never punished but ruined my grades. Five out of every fifteen girls get pregnant. Filthy school with a bunch of disrespectful teenagers. I was 10 minutes early for class and my teacher got angry and went off on me because it was "her time". This place is insane. My children will be home schooled.

Heritage High School 2

Posted January 06, 2015
I'm currently a student at HHS and I must say that most of the classes your teacher doesn't care about you. There are a few teachers that care about if you pass or fail, like the conditioning coach really does care about you. The rest of the teachers just care about your test scores.

Posted June 01, 2014
There are lots of opportunities for students to become involved in learning, sports, clubs, and community service. HHS has forged a partnership with local healthcare facilities for students to get a head start in getting prepared for the workforce. This school really helps to get students a chance to experience a career path that interests them. This is a great way to help students know what path they plan to take after graduation from high school. This also helps the community by producing a workforce with some experience, instead of a workforce with no trade or workplace knowledge. Schools should also be evaluated by the members it supplies to the local workforce, not only the number of college graduates. Very pleased with the types of learning opportunities available. Eager to see where the school can go and open up to the community for more collaborations for learning!

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers at HHS really care and listen to the students. If a student say they understand, teachers will work as hard as the student works to get it. There are opportunities for parents to be involved (if they choice to). Communication to parents is better than in other counties schools nearby. My child comes home daily telling about her day, both social and academic experiences. So glad my child is in HHS at this pivotal time of life. My child is challenged by the teachers to find a desire to learn from inside- that is were learning has to begin!! I can only say "Thank You HHS!"

Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers my child has had in her freshmen year are head and shoulder better than I expected. My child loved her science teacher and was always talking about what they were doing. So happy to see hungry for learning!!! Thank you to her teachers at HHS

Posted June 01, 2014
There are lots of good things I could say, but I think the most important thing I can say is that my child is going to be able to work with different types of people and be able to learn from a variety of different learning styles. This is the best way to prepare students for college or any workforce. Learning does not always come from a book, but from life lessons and experiences -good and bad! High school is a boot camp for working with others in the world. College is not easy and HHS helps develop learning skills to help them life and learning!!

Posted April 22, 2014
Heritage is an excellent high school. My daughter graduated four years ago and is currently working on her masters degree at UTK. She says she was better prepared than her peers her freshman year of college, and continues to chair study groups and student organizations. My son will graduate this year and his post secondary training is already paid for as a result of the CTE programs. Heritage offers outstanding opportunities for students and aids them in developing and pursuing their interest whether it be a four year college or a trade school. My children are proof that what they are doing at Heritage can produce highly motivated, well prepared students. The parents I have spoken with that are unhappy are "reactionist", they only become involved when there is an academic or disciplinary issue. This style of parenting will hinder a childs education no matter what school they attend. Our family feels that Heritage is a great school, providing educational opportunities not found in many local schools and, if taken advantage of, will prepare your child better than any other in the county.

Heritage High School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
This school has REALLY bad problems with mold that NEED to be addressed. And the building smells awful. As far as getting a quality education goes, 80% of the teachers are sub-par. The reason I am giving the school 2 stars instead of 1 is because of the other 20%. The AP Calculus and AP English programs are extremely good. Those two programs have produced many success stories including my own. Some of the upper-level teachers are rather outstanding, but they are a stark contrast to the rest. I suppose the main issue with this school is that it's underfunded. County taxpayers shop in the city of Maryville, and all of that money goes to the city schools. If Maryville dished money out to the county schools instead of pouring it into their city school system (complete with an astroturf field), then Heritage and William Blount might have some potential. But alas, Heritage has no funds and therefore its education system is trash (besides the 2 AP classes I mentioned).

Heritage High School 1

Posted July 31, 2012
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEIR FUTURE!!! Constant Fights, Arrogant Administrators, Underqualified Teachers (they do not know how to teach), Filthy Environment, and the list goes on and on! After 1 year we pulled our child out and enrolled them into a different area school. Sad that I need to pay for my childs education.....but at least now I am confident in my childs future.

Posted August 04, 2011
I graduated from Heritage last May, and I have to say regardless of what anyone may say, Heritage is an amazing school! It is the only school I've ever attended, where I felt like teachers actually cared about me, not only as a grade, but as a person. True, our scores may not be the best, but high school isn't just about academics, it's about meeting people, learning how the real world functions, how to deal with people that you would not interact with under any other circumstances.

Heritage High School
3741 East Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville, TN  37804
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top