Bad
Good

Posted June 15, 2015
We have great teachers! We are so happy to be in the Maryville City school district!

Posted August 07, 2012
Not very happy with the school at all. They started a new program this year for pre-k which I think is great, my daughter went to head start last year, then during the summer was in a daycare that had a certified teacher making sure they were ready for kindergarden, when my child went 2 days they told me she was not ready and when I asked why the only thing they could say was that she is 4. She will be 5 in 2 weeks, and speaks better than half the people in her class and can do many things beyond the screening test. Very disappointed. Since when do they look at you and say your child can not start school. I understand that you have state funding for the new program and you are looking to fill up the classes, but just because she is 4 does not mean that she is not ready.

Posted March 04, 2011
This school is only good for students who fit the exact model of a typical left-brained system. I agree with the post on Aug 7 2010 - it was terrible for my child who is well above average IQ - closer toward gifted and one teacher labelled him LD and it stuck - no matter what we did, the administration and subsequent staff treated him terribly. They were not willing to listen nor to work with us. He began to believe them and thought he was stupid. He was tested - independently- and we proved that he is indeed closer to gifted and just needed different instruction to succeed. I do know that after we withdrew him from that school - he is really thriving with new and different methods of instruction. If possible chose another school in Maryville City, this is the only one with these recurring problems that I am aware of.

Posted August 07, 2010
This is not a great school. It is a good school and thinks that it is a great school. This is not a welcoming school to new families from outside the area. My child attended this school 3 years. I was very disappointed with the principal and staff. The parent group (FTO) is not welcoming to new comers. They do not want your ideas or questions. If you will do what they ask and bring food for teacher events when needed, that is all they want. Classwork is average, not overly challenging. The Maryville school system does not recognize gifted students and single them out for classes designed to meet their needs. Think twice before choosing this school.

Posted June 16, 2010
We moved into the area when my Son was in 4th grade and he went from barely making his grades to an A-B student! My daughter just finished Kindergarten and did very well. She never attenden a PK program and that reallly had me worried but Foothills offered a free tutoring program each week and my daughter reads all the time! Great school, great teachers, wonderful Principal!

Foothills Elementary School

Posted September 09, 2009
I think Foothils Elementary school has excellent teachers and outstanding core- but I wonder if it provides special help for students in need of such.

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter had a wonderful year! The environment is very warm, and the staff seems to have a positive relationship with their families. The two administrators are friendly and interact well with the students. I am very happy we moved to Maryville, so my children can attend Foothills Elementary.

Posted March 07, 2009
Great school! Great school system! Great teachers! Great students! Great parents!

Posted October 02, 2007
Excellent school! My son is getting a quality education and is enjoying going to school. The principal and vice principal are both friendly to parents, but more importantly they seem to be caring and love their job. My son told me, 'They smile a lot!'

Posted October 01, 2007
What a wonderful school! My daughter is a first grader at Foothills and is learning by leaps and bounds she loves everything about her school and so do her parents. The staff at Foothills I can not say enough about, they are all wonderful. Mrs. Vagnier is the most outstanding principal we have ever met and her love for the children at Foothills shows everytime you see her.

Foothills Elementary School
520 Sandy Springs Road, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.