Maryville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,499

Maryville High School 2

Posted April 27, 2013
I attended an incoming freshman student meeting designed for parents. This was the summer before Maryville opened up the Maryville 9th Grade Academy at the former Maryville Middle School, now designated as the Maryville Junior High School??? This meeting consisted of 45 minutes of bragging about ACT scores at MHS, but very little about a student's adjustment to MHS. It turned-out to be a pointless 1 hour+ meeting. Before you prepare to hold a meeting with incoming parents, please consider what these parents and incoming students may need to know, and create a script with that information outlined. DO NOT waste the parent's and student's time bragging for 45+ minutes about your past success on the ACT.

Maryville High School 1

Posted March 10, 2011
This school is all about popularity, religion, and money. The school is all good 'ol boy operated. Staff cares nothing about students, only the football team. Many students are rich and snobby, while I have seen much pot smokers. Theschool is old and is typical the souther bible belt views and beliefs.

Maryville High School 1

Posted November 24, 2010
I strongly suggest not sending your child here i attended three years here and i was finally able to move to start my senior year. People talk about the county schools in the area being drug schools. I have never in my life seen so many pot smokers in one place. But of course most kids parents are rich and allow their perfect children to pull the hood over there eyes and would never believe their kids would do drugs. This is a severely preppy school with severely stuck up parents, teachers, principles, and students. If football is the reason you want to send your kid here think twice and send them to one of the knoxville private schools that win state every year.

Posted September 28, 2010
Maryville High School has been known in the past as a great school, however, it has lost it compassion and love for the students. It is very test driven and score focused. Teachers are frustrated with the lack of leadership quality and they take it out on the kids with sarcasm and humiliation. This school needs some up-to-date training on how students learn. The school can not accomodate the population adequately which is another frustration for both students and teachers. The school board and director needs to step-up and take charge, by providing adequate space, qualified teahers that care about the whole student, and competent administrators. It is no longer about being a great football team. There is more important things to address. The new school being built in Maryville should be a NEW HIGH SCHOOL not an intermediate school.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted October 02, 2009
My boys are receiving an excellent education and life experience at Maryville High. Just another step in developing great men and the final school in an excellent system!

Posted September 30, 2009

Posted August 23, 2009
I think that some of the people talking negative about Maryville High may need to look at their children first. My children are getting a fantastic education from Maryville and we are very middle class. I think if you look at the academic standards set forth my Maryville, they stand tall compared to any school in Tennessee. The average ACT score is a 24.1 where the state is sligtly over 20. Another great thing is that over 90% of graduates go to a 4 yr college, regardless of income or social status. The school is very well rounded when it comes to Theater, Music, Athletics and Academics. We are blessed to have found Maryville schools and are children will have a great education. Oh, by the way, we have a Senior, 8th grader and 5th grader. We have had the opportunity to have children in all phases of the School system.

Posted February 28, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009
We absolutely hate Maryville City Schools. Our son has had problems from day one. We moved here Michigan where the school systems are top notch and don't boast about it day and night. He was picked on for being a 'Yankee'. If your child is a male and not involved in football, be prepared for the problems. We have tried to work with the teachers on up to the principal and we are treated as if we have no right to question a decision. If anyone asked me if they should send their kids to Maryville, the answer would be NO!

Maryville High School
825 Lawrence Av, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Maryville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maryville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top