Maryville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,745

Posted December 15, 2014
Improved by leaps and bounds. I'd put them up against any TN school any day.

Posted June 22, 2014
WBHS is a great schopromethium ol because of it's caring administration and teachers. All work together, with very limited resources, to provide the best educational experience possible for the students. Other nearby schools tout their ACT scores, football championships, promethium boards, etc..., but arrogance is not a lesson children should learn.

Posted January 26, 2014
This place is underfunded and essentially treated like a prison. When your suspended from every school in the system, they send you here. It's like being in prison even for the kids that do nothing wrong. The education is abysmal and the administration is too focused on enforcing nit-picking rules about cell phones to provide proper education. The staff is utterly unreasonable as well, you can tell that having every problem child in the nearby city systems has made most teachers entirely intolerant of most students. It has no funding, is utterly overcrowded, and most of the assignments are tantamount to busy work. Avoid this school at any and all cost if you'd like your child to have a future. After being a student here, I went to work as a teacher to see the world from the other side of the desk. I was surprised that the things that made me frustrated as a student are still frustrating as a teacher. Despite efforts made by many teachers to truly educate their children, the staff hinders any real learning in every way with the use of their excessive rule list to punish students for the slightest infractions.

Posted June 20, 2012
The school is severely underfunded. The teachers are tired of it, and therefore do not provide the students the quality education that they deserve. It is not that the teachers are bad, the tools that they are given to work with are not up to par. In one instance, teachers used their own money to purchase net books, but the school would not extend the WiFi network to cover the devices. You do not realize this until your child is knee deep in the school. Do your "homework" now!

Posted February 08, 2011
Where I live, IS zoned for William Blount. But now my daughter has to go to heritage, which is COMPLETELY wrong. The principal is being unreasonable. I will have to drive 30 minutes there and back to get her to school. It's completely unreasonable, it's NOT okay. I mean, they have houses in my area in the Nearby homes for sale! These administrators is unacceptable! My daughter is having to start all over, from being with people who she's known since kindergarten to people she's never met! There's a girl on the SAME street who's going to William Blount, but my daughter isn't aloud. And my daughter isn't a bad student, she is co captain on her middle school cheerleading team and making all A's in honors alegbra in EIGHTH grade. This has been completely unreasonable.

Posted August 30, 2010
This scholl is ran by the Good Ol'Boy system, from the principal all the way down to the teachers who can't stand kids. I'm sick of thinking that my son has three more years here because I can't afford to pay tuition for him to go to a school that gives kids a fighting chance. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down.

William Blount High School 4

Posted November 29, 2009
The teachers truly make this school wonderful and go above and beyond to not only teach the lesson but to educate the students about life itself. Unfortunately the administration wastes 90% of its time and resources carrying out punishments for frivolous rules that the teachers and students both disagree with. Like the prohibition, the school makes illegal with overly seveir punishments a common thing. In essence they create the rule violations themselves, just like the prohibition cause an increase in crime rate. A suspension for having a cell phone is ridiculous. As is having to move the huge in school suspension group to the gym for students who forgot to get their admits.

Posted August 13, 2009
I am an alumnus of WB and currently am earning my BS in Sustainability at Furman University. I feel that WBHS prepared me very well for college and that it offered me many unique and engaging opportunities that helped me become a well-rounded and centered person. I feel that even though WBHS may be a public high school, the teachers and staff have a commitment to excellence and success that is every bit as strong as any private institution. I am honored and pleased to be an alumnus and would strongly encourage anyone moving into the district to allow their children to attend WBHS.

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted September 04, 2008

William Blount High School
219 County Farm Rd, Maryville, TN  37801
Last modified William Blount High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Blount High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top