Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They make sure me and my children understand and are very patient and all on the same page. Very kind. I have no idea how you all do what you do. You are under paid, under appreciated, looked over,... You are doing the most important jobs in the world. Shaping our children into wonderful, kind, smart, polite,.. people. If I could change it. You all would be making millions. Our children are the future. They are our biggest and best accomplishment we could and will ever get to be apart of! You always find time to write encouraging notes and work hard to help them in the areas they need to improve in. You, Mrs. Elrod, Mrs. Finley, Mr. Jackson, Mr. Brooks make my boys experience at school a joy and they are so very smart and doing so well. Thank you all for pouring all you have into this work. The most important work and hardest. You are all made for these positions and have followed your calling. We appreciate you all so very much. Thank you for always making the time to call or meet and help me help them.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Sometimes to much but it does help them reiterate what they learned during the day and does help them retain it better. there needs to be more hours in the day so we can accomplish homework, supper, showers, and more snuggle and reading time at night. lol My children are 6 and 9 so bed time is around 7:30 and they get home around 4. After we all have been working all day, the kids job is school, we are just wiped out but everything seems to be coming along just fine and as long as they are improving. I will not complain. :)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Amazing school and Staff! My boys love it and the office staff, teachers, bus drivers, cafeteria staff, substitute teachers, volunteers are a blessing to our family! thank you mrs. wilson

This is the best school my boys have been in. we have moved twice. my boys look forward to going to school everyday. the teachers are amazing, kind and patient and the office staff are very funny and welcoming! #10 bus driver is a great woman and makes my boys laugh! Mrs. Finley, Mr. Brooks and Mrs.Elrod have blessed Daniel and David Lambert and we have seen such wonderful improvement. They are truely dedicated to their children and are changing lives everyday. So thankful for the school and all the hard work, time and care the whole staff puts into communicating with the parents and encouraging the children to grow and make learning exciting. This could be really long but I think the point is clear. You all are doing amazing and were made for your careers. This was your calling and you are exactly where you need to be. No one else could do what you all are doing the way you all do it! Amazing Job guys sincerely, Mrs. Wilson

most of the teachers of this school are very good and will work with you as for the person that said its the parents fault they have problems ether dont have a child that has a easy time at school or has had the good teacher at this school i've went through 5 of these teachers and trust me it makes a difference as for the meetings i organized a meeting with one the teachers and was told 5 people including the princaple and teacher one person showed up and i've never seen here before in my experance a few of the teachers rely on there student to do everything thereselves and when thay ask for help there told to go sit down and if they dont get done they just send it home for the parents to deal with it one year i got a packet of work everyday that was classwork and it was because my son didnt understant how to do it so from the time he came home to the time he went to bed it was homework time

My child has attended Montvale for the past 4 years. We have had fabulous teachers 3 of those years, one in her first year of teaching and really didn't know what to do. The principal is a good person. He knows the kids, works the halls, even helps with morning drop off and afternoon pick up. He knows his school and his kids. I have never been to any school function or away ball games or anything associated to Montvale where he wasn't there. This is a school with very economically diverse families yet everyone is treated equal. Yes, there are schools with better scores in the area but you can't leave your child's education up to the schools alone.

Some the teachers at this schools seems not to care about students and if you have a problem it doesn't seem to get solve because it is always the students fault no matter what. (which is not true.) There is a big problem with bulling and the problem does not get addressed. The parents that are involved is not appreciated if they have a difference of an opinion then that is to bad.

I think this is a wonderful school! I've been a parent at this school for almost 10 years. I've been pleased with every teacher. I think those that rate Montvale poorly are more then likely part of the problem. The only negative thing I can say is about parental involment. I've spent enough time around the school to see the students who need the most support don't get it at home - and their grades suffer. The principle and teachers care a lot about these kids and I've seen some pretty amazing things! Parent involvment is fully supported - but call a meeting and only a few show up. I don't pretend to think this is limited to Montvale! We need to be more involved in our childrens education! Teachers can not do the work of parents!!

This was a strong school several years ago. I think the principal is a nice guy, but is way over his head. He needs to retire or maybe go to a smaller school where the demands aren't as likely. The scores have gone down terribly over the last several years, and I don't understand why someone at the central office doesn't intervene.

my son goes there and i think it is a good school my youngest son will go there too.

Last modified Montvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.