Montvale Elementary School 3

Posted December 17, 2012
most of the teachers of this school are very good and will work with you as for the person that said its the parents fault they have problems ether dont have a child that has a easy time at school or has had the good teacher at this school i've went through 5 of these teachers and trust me it makes a difference as for the meetings i organized a meeting with one the teachers and was told 5 people including the princaple and teacher one person showed up and i've never seen here before in my experance a few of the teachers rely on there student to do everything thereselves and when thay ask for help there told to go sit down and if they dont get done they just send it home for the parents to deal with it one year i got a packet of work everyday that was classwork and it was because my son didnt understant how to do it so from the time he came home to the time he went to bed it was homework time

Montvale Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2012
My child has attended Montvale for the past 4 years. We have had fabulous teachers 3 of those years, one in her first year of teaching and really didn't know what to do. The principal is a good person. He knows the kids, works the halls, even helps with morning drop off and afternoon pick up. He knows his school and his kids. I have never been to any school function or away ball games or anything associated to Montvale where he wasn't there. This is a school with very economically diverse families yet everyone is treated equal. Yes, there are schools with better scores in the area but you can't leave your child's education up to the schools alone.

Montvale Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2011
Some the teachers at this schools seems not to care about students and if you have a problem it doesn't seem to get solve because it is always the students fault no matter what. (which is not true.) There is a big problem with bulling and the problem does not get addressed. The parents that are involved is not appreciated if they have a difference of an opinion then that is to bad.

Posted September 28, 2010
I think this is a wonderful school! I've been a parent at this school for almost 10 years. I've been pleased with every teacher. I think those that rate Montvale poorly are more then likely part of the problem. The only negative thing I can say is about parental involment. I've spent enough time around the school to see the students who need the most support don't get it at home - and their grades suffer. The principle and teachers care a lot about these kids and I've seen some pretty amazing things! Parent involvment is fully supported - but call a meeting and only a few show up. I don't pretend to think this is limited to Montvale! We need to be more involved in our childrens education! Teachers can not do the work of parents!!

Montvale Elementary School 0

Posted March 07, 2010
This was a strong school several years ago. I think the principal is a nice guy, but is way over his head. He needs to retire or maybe go to a smaller school where the demands aren't as likely. The scores have gone down terribly over the last several years, and I don't understand why someone at the central office doesn't intervene.

Posted November 13, 2009

Posted July 11, 2009
my son goes there and i think it is a good school my youngest son will go there too.

Posted August 08, 2008
My oldest son went to Montvale from k-8 and now my youngest is going into 5th grade there. The teacher, principal and staff are wonderful and are very helpful and understanding. If parents have a hard time there, chances are it is the parents. If they suggest your child needs medication, it is because they need it. It isn't the teachers fault if your child forgets what they are doing for homework. Both of my children have ADHD and forget things all the time. The teachers we have had have always been very understanding. I went to Montvale when it open from 4th grade to 8th grade and a lot of the same teachers are still there and still doing a great job. In total between both of my children, I have been dealing with Montvale for 11 yrs. The problem isn't the school, its the parents.

Montvale Elementary School 2

Posted February 22, 2006
this school needs a lot of help. with class sizes at state max. it is very hard for children to learn. the playground seems to be a breeding ground for bullies. the teachers just stand around and talk to each other instead of watching their class on the playground. PTO is also a joke. all they do is tell you how much $ they need and when to write the check. not a good school in my opinion.

Montvale Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2006
I moved to Blount County unsure about all the schools here. I have enjoyed Montvale. The staff, Principle, & teachers have really been there for us when we needed it. They have always been available to answer questions or concerns. I have loved the experience of Montvale and hope Carpenters Elem will be as good as Montvale. The only negative comment I would have about Montvale if the art teacher. I would like to see more 'extra' activities in the school! Rhonda

Montvale Elementary School
3128 Montvale Rd, Maryville, TN  37803
Last modified Montvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top