6-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son has been here for nearly a year. He is thriving academically, socially, and emotionally. He has normal intelligence and slow processing ability. The teachers are brilliant at engaging him at an appropriate pace. The staff is warm and professional - and extremely knowledgeable. Bachman is a school that tries to "fit" each student individually while at the same time helping each student understand what it means to part of the greater community.

My school offers a small tight-knit family environment for students with learning differences. Students here flourish with nurturing from the dorm parents, teachers and staff. Academics are the priority while also learning social and independent living skills. It's a warm and friendly place to work and learn.

Bachman Academy classes are very small, a ratio of 1:5, where we use a highly individualized, multi-sensory approach to teach our unique learners. Along with our classes, we offer four skills areas-equine, horticulture, carpentry and mechanics. Our campus is located on 188 acres of beautiful greenery, where we have a lake. These are used for both educational and recreational purposes. We are approximately 20 minutes north of Chattanooga, and right on the border of Cleveland, TN. We also offer Service Learning, which gives our students the opportunity to give back, as well as participate in the community in which they live. We are very intentional in teaching social skills as well as executive functioning skills. We offer several clubs, such as Wing Jung Karate, art, music lesson to name a few. Although, we do not boast a sports team, students who are interested in playing sports competitively participate with the local high and/or middle school through the TSSAA. Nonetheless, we do have a gym and several outdoor activities for physical activities.

I have a gifted daughter. Bachman is the perfect school to embrace learning using an intergrated style that boosts intellectual growth. Bachman Academy offers a ivy league education especially in math and science area.

My son is a senior at Bachman and this is his second year there. He continues to gain confidence in his abilities as a result of the very caring staff. He has matured greatly and I feel that he has a much brighter future for having gone to Bachman Academy.

My son has Asperger's syndrome and Bachman Academy is the perfect combination of individualized academics and guidance for a student like him. The large campus, small classroom size and leadership skills combine with a college-prep academia to prepare him for his future as an independent adult.

I cannot say enough good things about Bachman Academy. The staff is very understanding, supportive and encouraging to students and parents. They are creative in their programming. Because of Bachman, my son has confidence and an understanding of his strengths and weaknesses. He has learned to advocate for himself and his self esteem has grown in leaps and bounds.

My son has attended Bachman for 3 of his 4 high school years. After searching throughout the southeast for a year, I could not find a school that I thought would better meet my son's needs. Bachman is an excellent school for ADHD and learning disabled children. There small class size, individualized attention to the students needs and excellent academic curriculuum for college prep or career education give the students the preparation for life after high school. My son has excelled academically, matured socially and gained confidence during his 3 years at Bachman. It is a well run school with an excellent staff and dedicated, caring teachers. They have an excellent program for dorm students which helps them develop socially and experience life outside school. The large campus in a rural setting outside Chattanooga, TN. also affords the students another opportunity for learning.

My child goes to Bachman, he has Aspbergers we have finally found the perfect school.

Last modified Bachman Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12