Bad
Good

While Medina is a popular and growing area, the schools leave a lot to be desired. The elementary school is overcrowded and the middle and high schools will suffer the same as all the kids move up. They are adding on but it isn't going to help like they think it will. In addition, the schools push and teach TCAP. Rather than actually teaching from curriculum, they teach the TCAP test. They only care about the dang score they receive by the state. I have three students, one in each school, and they do not do well at actually helping students who struggle to learn. If they are not going to teach, why bother having a school? While I do understand there is learning that comes from home, a teach is supposed to teach them at school...mine aren't getting that. And of course with 'No child left behind', if your child is struggling too bad, they're gonna get moved up anyway. My high school student moved from Madison Academic to South Gibson and is not being challenged at all. The caliber of students does not even compare. And finally, the entire town is a clique. If you didn't grow up in Medina you're an outsider. But hey, they really like the growth and revenue that outsiders generate.

Medina is a great school. My child is entering 3rd grade and has gotten an excellent education. The school does a great job at offering students differing levels of instruction based on their abilities. And she loves the teachers and staff - all are caring and concerned

I am so glad I moved my family to Medina. The teachers are so kind and work extremely hard to overcome challenges. They are the best I have ever seen.

I love this school because all the teachers are so friendly and they will work with your child until he/she understands it completely!

This school has been an absolute blessing to us! We love living in Medina and having our children in school here! It has been a wonderful experience!

Medina Elementary has done wonderful things for my daughter, a child with a disability. She has met and exceeded all of my expectations, which I attribute to the school's total inclusion of special needs students. She has friends, is involved in extracurricular activities, and feels totally accepted. Parents are also more involved here than anywhere else I've ever known of, and we are constantly encouraged (though not badgered or pressured) to be involved in everything that is going on.

Last modified Medina Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2