Highland Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 04, 2013
I went to this school when I was younger,around 2004.Its a good school.I stayed in the richer part of Memphis and the more professional kids went here.It did have problems but overall was a good school.I hate Memphis with all my heart when I ride through it now.I'ts ugly.

Highland Oaks Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
I am so pleased with Highland Oaks. This was children first year at Highland Oaks, with my oldest previously attending a charter school, I was a little reluctant how she will adapt. Rest assured, the principal and teacher quality has been like a breath of fresh air because I can relax from the results of both of my children. It just amazes me how Mrs. Macon interact with the children and I can see the care she has for HER childeren when they come to school. Cudos to Highland Oaks and many more sucessful years to come. Thanks.

Posted July 27, 2009

Highland Oaks Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
I have truly been blessed to have my child at Highland Oaks Elementary in Memphis, TN. The teachers are very professional and I like the idea that Ms. Macon is on top of everything and is very involved with her students and staff. I like how they encourage our children to do their best and they are interested in their education. I like how they have teachers out every morning and evening to watch our children. My hat goes out to Ms. Lott for having a great memory of parents when picking up children in the car line. She is amazing. Thanks guys for another good year. V.Herod, parent

Posted February 13, 2008
Highland oaks is a wonderful! school. The teachers are good and are genuinely concerned for the students education. As with all schools they sometimes do have what we parents would consider ridiculous rules, however, i do understand the need to be consistent. Mrs. Macon does seem to follow the book and rarely make exceptions for each individual situation. But, all in all she is a great! principal and you can tell that she love her children, keeping their welfare as her main concern. My son grew up in this school and this is his last year. We will greatly miss the closeness of highland oaks. I highly recommend this school......Bravo!

Highland Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2007
Highland oaks staff is very unprofessional. Carol A. Macon, principal need to stand down because she she letting our kids down when our children need more

Posted December 02, 2006
- a former student

Posted April 29, 2005
My daughter had her first year of school at Highland Oaks and I have been extremely impressed. The staff are of the highest calibur. They push the children to do their best on everything... from academics to sports to hobbies. As a matter of fact, my kindergartener is learning sign language (and has even taught me). The level of parental involvement is phenomenal. On my first visit to open house, I could not even find a parking spot, let alone a place to sit in the classroom. This was not only at the beginning of the school year, but each and every time that I came to a school function, the parking lot and street were full of cars. I was not discouraged by this... it even brought a tear to my eye to see so many parents so deeply involved in their children's education.

Posted January 04, 2005

Posted February 27, 2004
I feel that Highland Oaks Elementary is an excellent school. A school is only as strong as the leader is strong. Mrs. Macon is an inspiration to the students. She knows students by name. This is important to the child as well as to the parent. When she speaks, she speaks from the heart. We all know that action speaks louder than words. She puts the actions behind her words. I am inspired by her. I am a teacher as well. You truly feel that she has your childs' best interest at heart. I feel that about the teachers as well. With everyone working together, Highland Oaks has created a cohesive environment for the students in which opportunities exist for learning to take place. I am pleased to have my child at this school. You can always find smiling faces when you walk through the door.

Highland Oaks Elementary School
5252 Annandale Rd, Memphis, TN  38125
Last modified Highland Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top