Lowrance School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
My son is a fifth grader. We came to Lowrance in the 3rd grade. I was very sceptical about this school. The first year was horrible but his teacher (Mrs. Gatewood) was excellent. With her, we decided to give it another chance. The only good thing about 4th grade was Mr. Bates. You could see the changes he was making his energy, and new ideas kept me for another year. This year I think we got it. Mrs. James + Mr. Bates = a great year for my son. I can see the improvements and his excitement about learning. Two snaps up. Keep fight for our children.

Lowrance School 3

Posted January 31, 2011
Southwind has NOW become Lowrance which has done a 180 degree turn! The new administration (males) along with focusing on placing teachers where "they perform best" has been long overdue. Mr. Bates is a great principal and is really trying hard to change the school's reputation. The only reason I gave it three stars is because it has room to grow which any school facing a complete overhaul must do. The fights are practically non-existent and there is absolutely no tolerance for disrepect--teachers and children alike. Of course some teachers should still choose a different profession, it's really getting there. In order to be a teacher, you must LOVE children and LOVE to teach along with having the PATIENCE TO WORK THROUGH ALL LEARNING ABILITIES. Kudos to "Lowrance"! Keep up the good work!

Posted July 28, 2009
Think the school would be a great school if the teachers and principal was concerned about the well being of the student and not the reputation of the school. Being that last year was my child first year going to a county school, we experienced a lot of unnecessary, unpolite and ( i would say the principal was uneducated about the school system) problems. She was unconcern about fights that was going on, didn't seen concerns about the student, make parent(me) feel like my child was not in the best care. The school itself seen to be what the teachers and principal make it and that is not good. I think they need to go to the school and re-select the teachers and principal.

Lowrance School 5

Posted October 19, 2008

Lowrance School
7740 Lowrance Rd, Memphis, TN  38125
Last modified Lowrance School is a Public school that serves grades K-8
Lowrance School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.