Posted May 22, 2014
Southwind elem. is a awesome school. If you have a problem with a teacher or your child. They do all they can to solve it. Genuine teachers. My kids are in kindergarten,second, and i had one in fifth grade who has went on to graduate. Car rider line has gotten way longer since they cut some of the bus route out. You have to get in line about a hour before school is out to pick up your kids or else you will be along way off..However they move quick. they give you a car number so it helps. The crossing guard does a great job.She's an old lady but means business when it comes to the kids. They have a male principal and a female assistant Principal. Both very professional and sincere. I like that my kids wear regular clothes however i think a uniform will be put in place soon. I'm not sure.All in all this is a really good school for the k-5.

Southwind Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2010
My first impression of this school is less then great. The Ms. Jones is an *ss and her office staff is rude and unprofessional. I'm not impressed what so ever. I can't understand how they have 3 plus rating.

Southwind Elementary School 5

Posted November 03, 2009

Southwind Elementary School 4

Posted October 14, 2009
I agree with some of the other parents ms. jones seem to be a very distance principal. I don't like that at all.

Southwind Elementary School 0

Posted July 20, 2009
I have no problems with the school in general. My child has attended since kindergarten and is going to the third grade this year. I have noticed the leadership at the school is not in the best interest of the parent. The current leader has been there since the school's exsistance and hasn't and does not adapt to change. Her attitude toward the kids and parent is always lack luster. My husband and I are very involved parents and we support our child 100% in any school function. The only issue we have is the current leadership and no special programs for the more advance students. When Ms. Jones retires I think the school can be re-born again and grow further. Concerned parent

Posted March 01, 2009
My daughter has attened this school since kindergarten. My son also attended for five years. For the most part, it is a good school. The teachers will try to resolve issues if you bring them to their attention. The community around this school has changed a lot in the past 9 years that we have lived here. My daughter has two more years before she goes to middle school. I hope the school continues to perform well.

Southwind Elementary School 5

Posted January 18, 2009
Southwind is wonderful My daughter started kindergarten and could not speak a word in English or American today after 5 months she can read and write.The teachers and Assistant principal are wonderful.Parent

Posted January 06, 2009

Southwind Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
Southwind at this time needs improvement in dealing with how kids tease one another. My child attended another Shelby County school for a couple of years due to parents moving but when we returned, he returned to Southwind. Even he notices the difference in kids and how they tease and the teachers do nothing. Not sure if they don't care of it they just aren't paying attention. The work load is very elementary also compared to his other school. He had a terrible previous year but this year because the curriculum is sooo slow, he can keep up (that's one good thing). Since being there, the principal hasn't been visible in the car rider line and it's going on 3 months! She was at the school when he first attended and things haven't changed; she's still very distant!--not good; puts off a very 'not interested' attitude.

Southwind Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2008

Southwind Elementary School
8155 Meadowvale, Memphis, TN  38125
Last modified Southwind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwind Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top