PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 14, 2014
This school is woderful. My daughter is in the PreK3 class and they teach her so much. It is very structured and not a daycare but a school. They teachers are wonderful and very patient. I am impressed with what they offer at such an affordable price.

Posted January 16, 2014
Great school! Catholic identity is strong. Students work at a fast pace to prep them for their future. They also get one-on-one help due to the small class size. I highly recommend this school!

St. Anne Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
The communication with the teachers is awful. The principal is the best the thing at the school. The learning is another good thing about the school. However they move pretty fast so your kid have to keep up.When my kids arrived at St.Anne I just knew they was going to love it. However after a few months of school I noticed their attitudes' changing . When I send letters to school, I receive no response. One teacher actually made a very rude remark to one of my kids. This school to need to start practicing being Catholic. When I say that I mean I do not feel the love in the atmosphere. Especially not with the teachers.

Posted December 01, 2010
I was a student teacher in Spring of 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences there. The principal, Ms. Perry was always helpful and Miss Letty at the front desk still remembers me to this day. I found the 1st grade parents eager to participate with activities such as a field trip to the zoo and in having an Easter egg hunt for the residences of a nearby nursing home. I was there on a daily basic for 2 months and I loved it!

Posted July 26, 2010
This is an excellent school where your child can grow academically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am always highly impressed with the level of knowledge and patience the staff/teachers have. The principal has incredible leadership skills, and she knows all the kids by name, and she TRULY cares about each and everyone of them! The school secretary is awesome as well. She's organized and makes the kids feel welcomed just like staff members do! This school has made a major, unforgettable impact on my son's life - and our whole family's life.

Posted September 03, 2009
As you can see from the December 2008 review, we are not dealing with rocket scientists here. Unfortunately, parents are only too happy to put the blame on the 'principle' of the school and its teachers. It's easier than dealing with your child, I suppose. As for the 'non-existant' communication, grades are posted in real-time through PowerSchool. Moreover, graded papers are sent home weekly in a Friday folder. (This is stated both in the handbook and at the 5th-8th grade parent meeting held before school starts.) The vast, vast majority of parents don't attend PTO meetings, let alone reach into their pockets and pull out any money for the school. School volunteers are the same group of parents every year. The school has had its share of problems, but I believe--and know--that the teachers care very much about their students.

Posted December 12, 2008
My child is in fifth grade and my experience with this school has been horrible. I am not going to let my child finish the year. I am very disappointed with the teachers of this school as well as the priciple. I have made phone calls, written letters, sent emails, and visited the principle with a list of my concerns and I received a lot of double talk and stonewalling. Parents are not encouraged to participate unless it is for a financial contribution. Communication is non-existant and I do not understand why graded papers are not returned. Do not send your child to this school.

Posted January 28, 2008
This is a great school! The staff are truly vested in teaching these children academically as well as spiritually. The size of this school makes it so easy to know everyone and feel connected like a family. My only regret is that it doesn't go all the way through high school

Posted October 20, 2007
This school has improved greatly from this past year with the new principle, the kids are having more fun while still being able to focus on the school work! The teachers give each individual child the attention they need ,with school work or their home life if you ever need to talk! Also this school has great food and offers a variety of different programs such as Choir, Band, Strings, Studio Art and Dance. We attend Church twice a week and the children help serve at mass, but you don t have to be catholic to serve or attend this school. St. Anne is the a really great school to attend and I highly recommend this school because your child will learn more and have fun doing it!

Posted September 13, 2007
St. Anne provides a caring learning community for the students. While many teachers are new, most have already earned or are in the process of earning advanced education degrees. The students are the focus for all employees of this school.

670 South Highland St, Memphis, TN  38111
Last modified St. Anne Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8