Posted October 04, 2014
I used to go here from Kindergarden to 8th grade, my sister went here, my brother, and 4 of my cousins. I truly think of them as part of my family! All of the teachers are kind, and great! I would recommend no other school to anyone! Holy Rosary is honestly an amazing school, and I plan to send my kids there!

Holy Rosary Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
WARNING TO THOSE CONSIDERING THIS SCHOOL: You may be told that your child will have a place at the school because you are an active parishioner, even though a class is large; however, DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. I was told this by both the Principal and Assistant Principal, and made the mistake of counting on their words. DO NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE. They will treat you like an idiot for thinking that there is a place for your child because they would have told you the class is large - EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID IT WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. Think about it also, if there are two classes filled to capacity, and they are holding kids back that fail the previous year, do you really want your child there anyway?

Posted April 28, 2014
My oldest daughter has been going to Holy Rosary since 3k and is about to graduate. I have to say it has been an excellent experience in more ways then one. First off I feel that parents and students get a lot of value for the price of tuition. The academics are excellent and the staff is supportive. When we moved we actually put our child in Bartlett public schools. We quickly found that the curriculum at Bartlett Elementary was so far behind that our child was not going to get anything new for about a year. So we immediately moved back to Holy Rosary. Our second child has been at HR since 3k and is about to go into first grade and she reads books to me when it is time for bed that are above her grade level. Basically I would recommend this school to anyone. It is a private school without the pretentious atmosphere of many private schools. Now all we need to do is find a good High School that is reasonably priced. Going to miss HR.

Holy Rosary Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2012
I am a former student of Holy Rosary and I have been homeschooled for the past two years. This year I started a different private school and Holy Rosary is EXTREMELY behind in education. At my new school, the 5th graders are learning what the 7th graders would be learning at Holy Rosary. The classes are way too big also.

Holy Rosary Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2011
Our 5, soon to be 6 year old is in kindergarden here and loves it! She's made a ton of good friends and feels really good about her learning experience.

Posted September 16, 2011
Fantastic school. We couldn't have been happier with the curriculum, staff, and facility. Such a blessing to our family.

Posted January 27, 2011
I attended Holy Rosary many years ago and I am so excited to have both of my children there. I would not change a thing!!!!

Holy Rosary Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2011
Love this school! The Church and School work beautifully together. Parents are very involved and it shows. Everyone is welcoming! The only complaint that I have...there are students in "regular" classes who really require a specialized atmosphere for learning. In turn, children are not reaching their full potential and teachers are emotionally exhausted. Behavioral/Medical issues seem to determine the day's schedule. The stress level of the "average" student within those classes is off the charts! My child has consistently been asked to "help control other children within the classroom". What happened to learning? Considering a transfer for my child. Would hate to see any student fall behind or discouraged because teachers don't know when to tell administration "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

Holy Rosary Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2010
My son has attended Holy Rosary since kindergarten and he has only had one problem teacher - and she retired last year. Other than her he has loved all of his teachers and has gained a wealth of knowledge. He has 3 more years there and we look forward to what he bocomes in those years to come!

Posted September 22, 2009
For our family, Holy Rosary is a neighborhood school that just so happens to teach religion. The parents are actively involved in the school and have many opportunities to volunteer and be present during the school day. We are expected to be actively engaged in our child's education. The teaching staff has been excellent and supply hands on activities for the children in every grade. They children are exposed to both Spanish and French from Pre-K through 5th. Beginning in 6th, they select one language to focus on. The amount of school spirit and pride is evident in the student body, in the teachers, and in the parents. After being a part of the HR community for 7 years, I'd gladly pick it again.

Holy Rosary Elementary School
4841 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN  38117
Last modified Holy Rosary Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Rosary Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top