Posted February 19, 2014
I went to ILS in the early 1970's,which was when the public schools were in such turmoil due to bussing. ILS was a life saver, the environment was superb and the curriculum was wonderful. Whenever we drive through Memphis, my head always turns to look at the school when we pass it on I-40- I loved it there. Jeff Call

Posted November 27, 2013
We are a military family and ILS has been the perfect fit for us! Very welcoming and our children assimilated very quickly and made many friends. The school is increasingly diverse and does a fantastic job of bringing the many facets of its student body together as a family. Outstanding value too. We could not be more pleased with our choice.

Posted July 25, 2013
Can not recommend this school highly enough. From the first day, teachers, kids and administrators were highly welcoming to our Navy family. The atmosphere is warm, creative, stimulating and fun and our children come home teaching us the most awesome things they are learning at school about the world and our God! They ask lots of questions and are clearly encouraged toward being active participants in their learning process.

Immanuel Lutheran School 2

Posted March 26, 2013
This school is okay. As much as it does great things academically, but it is very exclusive. If you aren't just like them, you are excluded and picked on. Both my sister and I encountered kind teachers and kind kids, but we also suffered from horrendous teasing and bouts of depression. However, when we switched schools, we were immediately accepted in a way we never were at ILS. So it wasn't just us. If you are looking purely at academics, then ILS is a wonderful place and prepares your children for even the most rigorous honors and AP high school courses. If you want your child to be excited to go to school every morning, you had better hope your child is just like all the other kids.

Posted February 13, 2013
I am so happy with the challenging education my child receives at Immanuel. My older two girls have had great high school experiences because they were well prepared at ILS. My son is in 7th grade and he has loved literature this year. He tells me about the novels or plays they are reading and also about the blog his class writes. The teachers are extremely dedicated and responsive. Spanish, P.E., art, and music are all a part of the school curriculum. The musicals and athletic programs give kids a place to shine. Each class has a ministry they partner with to live out their Christian faith. The family at Immanuel cares for my child and for me.

Posted February 13, 2013
We love this school. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The facilities have recently been remodeled and it looks great. The academics are top notch. Music, Art, and Sports are all there along with lots of extracurricular activities. My daughter loves to go and has had perfect attendance so far this year in the 6th grade.

Posted November 05, 2012
ILS is a great school with a dedicated staff. The teachers and office staff really DO care for the children and have their best interests at heart! Of all of the christian private schools that we visited and considered, ILS was the one that we felt the most welcome at.

Posted October 26, 2011
ILS IS A WONDERFUL SCHOOL!!! It is deeply faith centered and offers a very challenging education at a reasonable price, which are the basic requirements for us. Our 3 kids have been there since kindergarten and it has been close to perfect. The small school environment and low student to teacher ratio creates a personalized atmosphere that you simply will not get from the larger more expensive elementary schools. Be sure not to judge it by the cover, either...it is a very safe environment and they are constantly working to improve the facilities each and every year. This is a rare occasion where you actually get "more" than you pay for. What a blessing ILS has been and paired with Immanuel Church, you simply cannot do any better at any cost if you prefer a truly Christian education for your child!!! **Visit their websites at: ilsmemphis.org and ilcmemphis.org

Posted January 19, 2011
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this school. My child came from a montessori school and other schools that I interviewed showed concern about how he would fit in coming from such a free environment. Not Immanuel, they understand and appreciate the montessori philosophy and welcomed my child with open arms. He's adjusted very well, goes to school with a smile every day and loves this school. The peace of mind that we get from having our child at this school is PRICELESS. He's challenged academically and loved. Need I say more?! In my opinion, the fancy bigger schools with multi-million dollar buildings don't hold a candle to what Immanuel offers. We are VERY happy with our decision to send our child here.

Posted January 14, 2011
I continue to find more to love about Immanuel. I am a preschool teacher and we have such wonderful students and families. My own children have dedicated teachers that challenge and support them.

Immanuel Lutheran School
6319 Raleigh Lagrange Road, Memphis, TN  38134
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top