PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They were ill prepared for racial bullying.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership were not prepared for the racial bulling before and after the election.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

We didn't receive much help from teachers in our situation.

Amount of homework: Agree

They were always supplied with ample homework.

We are a two parent home with two kids that attended this school. We as a couple we volunteered often for this school. So you can imagine the heart break when the school did not help when the kids were being racially bullied. I agree with the other reviewer when she states that this school more geared for Caucasians. My kids were always the only one or the other one in an entire grade level. A number of minority students have left in recent years. That says a lot.

Grace-St. Lukes Episcopal School is a fantastic place of learning. Their curriculum is academically challenging and caters to all learning styles. They also have a great variety of teachers who are willing to help at any time. I attended GSL for 11 years and loved it; I sometimes wish I could go back. The teachers that I had were amazing and were always open to work with me if they saw that I was struggling. Overall, GSL provided me with great role models to look up to and prepared me academically for high school. Being an Episcopal school, GSL provides students with a religious education; not only do they teach students about Christianity, but other religions too. Although GSL is diverse in their religious curriculum, unfortunately they are not as diverse in culture. Because the school is so close-knit and small there is less cultural variation. However, the school is growing and improving every day and is a great place to send your child.

GSL is an amazing school that manages to balance solid academics with a warm, friendly community atmosphere.

Our son has been attending GSL starting in PK and is now in the 2nd grade. We cannot say enough good things about this school - it is fantastic! The teachers and staff are wonderful and truly care about the children. Would not consider going anywhere else.

I am speaking from the perspective of someone who not only attended this school from mother's day out to 8th grade, but flourished both during and after my time at Grace-St. Luke's. While there I participated in Theatre, Athletics, Student Government (President), as well as many clubs. I believe that there is not a better place to send your child because you are guaranteed both a great education and a staff who genuinely loves and cares about you and your children. Area high schools actively recruited GSL students (including me) because of their academic strength and leadership experience. Upon arriving in high school after GSL, I quickly realized that the other GSL graduates and myself were the most prepared and well-rounded students in attendance. I love Grace-St. Luke's, its teachers, its students, and its atmosphere that set the foundation for my current successes. I am now attending one of the best public universities in the US on a significant scholarship and I can guarantee that I would not be where I am today if it was not for the values and knowledge instilled in me at GSL. I can truly say that I AM an anchor for life.

I am a Grace St. Lukes alum, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of time at GSL. It is no secret that middle school years are a bit awkward for most kids, but GSL did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and welcome. It was hard to leave, but I knew that everything that I learned here would transfer to high school and beyond. I am so happy and grateful that I got to spend my lower and middle school days at such an amazing place!

Last modified Grace-St Lukes Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8