Memphis University School 3

Posted July 26, 2011
I know many of your sons, parents. But I am not accepted among them. I am in college and I'm too poor to party with them. I'm not cool enough and I'm not good looking enough. If you child really cares about academics this school works. But if he's just floating by, he'll be a great partier if he isn't already. They'll be the life of the Greeks once he gets in college with a lot of "experience" under their belt. We non MUS boys truly detest you. Only because you make us feel inadequate.

Memphis University School 2

Posted March 18, 2011
My son was not doingn well at all at the school. He was bullied heavily.

Posted January 26, 2011
As an alum, I cannot praise this school enough. It prepared me not only for college but for the rest of my life. As a scholarship kid when I attended, I cannot thank the many benefactors of the school enough. This school changed my life. If you are a prospective parent, beg and borrow to get your sons to MUS.

Posted May 04, 2010
Hands down the best school in the city.

Posted January 04, 2010
There is simply no better school in a 500 mile radius than Memphis University School. What other school earns state championships in multiple sports while dominating academic contests and offering a dozen AP courses? No matter how brilliant your son is, he will find challenge here. And, if your son is a hard worker but mediocre student, he'll find a place to work to his potential. Everyone here, students and teachers, really loves it. Alumni support is phenomenal and the grounds are better than a university's.

Posted December 05, 2009
You can not send your son to a better school in memphis

Posted October 27, 2009
This is a great school and my son loves it

Posted September 16, 2009
MUS is the premiere school in the SE in educating boys.

Posted August 03, 2009
My sons are graduates of MUS (Classes of 2007 and 2009) and received outstanding educations during their years there. Among MUS's strengths: challenging academic curricula; a dedication to character development; an empowering Honor Code; strong mentorship by impressively engaged faculty; collaborative and collegial student relationships; and a strongly supportive parent base. MUS combines cherished tradition with a commitment to progress, celebrates diversity, and steadfastly promotes an atmosphere of civility and respect. Faculty support each student's journey of self-discovery while fostering a life-long commitment to service. My sons and their peers learned to be other-oriented v. self-oriented, and were helped to see the many ways their lives can make a significant difference in t while making their make on the world. Students are expected to work hard with purpose and perseverance, and to take responsibility for--and learn from--the choices they make. MUS well-prepares its students for college and adulthood.

Memphis University School 1

Posted July 21, 2009
I go here and it is no good, I don't learn anything and the sports are horrible.

Memphis University School
6191 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Memphis University School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Memphis University School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top