No rating

Woodland Presbyterian School

Private | PK-8 | 358 students

Living in Memphis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted May 24, 2014

Woodland is a great school that has a very good community environment, strong academics and emphasis on conduct and service. While there are some disruptive kids in any school, my experience has been that it is promptly dealt with. Some teachers do have kids in the school, and I think this is a good thing since they have a vested interest in making sure the school environment and academics are at a high standard. Woodland students do very well in high school and they often come back to support the school. It has a very active and supportive parent organization.

Posted May 7, 2014

As a grandparent I want to commend Woodland for the outstanding work they are doing with my grandchildren. I attend all the special programs and am so impressed with the quality. The music program is outstanding. I always leave the school feeling like my grandchildren are getting the best of the best in academics, sports, and arts. The classrooms are cheerful with displays of all the children's work. I'm impressed with the behavior of the children and the overall atmosphere. The teachers are friendly and helpful. The staff members are as well. I believe this is a setting where the individuality of each child can shine and that they are not just a number. I'm very thankful that they are growing up in such a healthy environment and will be prepared for the challenges of high school. I recommend that you check this school out.

Posted April 25, 2014

I tried really hard to get to know other parents at this school. It is very hard to break through these folks. If you haven't been here since PK, no one really gives you the time of day. I volunteered for several PTA sponsored events. The only one that they called for me to help them with, I ended up leaving early. I was very uncomforable. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The students here take clues from their parents and unfortunately have no compassion for anyone different from themselves. More diversity is needed here. Teachers are okay, assignments aren't challenging enough though.

Posted April 23, 2014

You will find a school full of faculty and staff who love your kids and truly want them to succeed! I am grateful for each teacher my children have had! We definitely recommend others to take at look at Woodland!

Posted April 18, 2014

My sons have not been happy this year at Woodland. The main reason is that the other kids make fun of everyone in the class. I've taught my kids that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This should be a very quiet school. We are going to go to a better school next year.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 16, 2014

Woodland Presbyterian School is a wonderful school that challenges my student academically. It also provides a safe environment for my student to express themselves and grow in their education development. With many of the households having two working parents I have been surprised by the level of volunteer commitment from the parents. It is that spirit that makes the Woodland community so special.

Posted April 8, 2014

Woodland is a great school with a long history of success. The teachers genuinely care about my child and all children in their care.

Posted April 2, 2014

The majority of the teachers and staff are also parents to children who attend Woodland. I learned a new term while my children attended this school, it is called "social cruelty." We saw an incredible amount of rudeness, by the teachers, parents and the students. Over time, we experienced a definite decrease in the quality of education and not worth the money. There is no diversity, a horrible music program Ad if you don't play soccer, then you are on the outs. The principal is young and ineffective. We would not recommend this school to anyone unless you donate large sums of money and your children start in PreK.

Posted May 23, 2012

I have been very happy with the teachers at this school, but not so happy with the social life. This is a very "cliquey" school, and very hard to break into if your child does not start here early in their educational career. The art program is excellent. The music department is very basic and lacking in creativity. My child's core teachers have been excellent. Teachers have been great, but parents are unfriendly and students take cues from their parents and have a hard time including new students in their social circles. There is alot of parental involvement, but the same parents help with the same events over and over. I have worked and attended these events to support the school and meet other moms, but have been met with indifference and brush offs.

Posted November 1, 2011

My son loves it there. He's currently in 6th grade and my daughter is in 2nd. I love how it is a small area so they know everyone and they know them. They also have a range of sports, including soccer, football, basketball, and volleyball. I am very glad my children are going there.

Posted May 1, 2010

My daughter has attended Woodland for 3 years and I cannot say enought about how wonderful this schools is! I remember beign blown away during her first month of school because every teacher and admin knew her name. It's a small school and you really get a feeling of a large family. It takes a community to raise a child and Woodland is the right place to do it!

Posted July 15, 2008

My son has been at Woodland for 4 years and is about to enter their middle school. We have loved everything about this school! Everyone you encounter at this school (Admin., teachers, parents, etc.) is first class. Great academics, extracurriculars, and awesome sports programs!

Posted April 2, 2008

I have 2 daughters at Woodland. We love it! I know that every day they are being cared for emotionally, spiritually, and academically. It's the best kept secret in Memphis

Posted August 14, 2007

My child has been at Woodland since PK (he's now entering 2nd grade), and we couldn't be more pleased with the education he's getting there. In addition to what he learns in the classroom, though, we're thrilled with quality of children, teachers and administrators by whom he's surrounded. We literally happened upon Woodland when our son was wait-listed at the private school affiliated with our former church and feel so fortunate to have wound up there.

Posted July 20, 2005

My third grader and I both have loved this school! The atmosphere created by teachers and administrators is caring and comfortable! The curriculum is challenging and support for students is outstanding. My son has been to three different schools since kindergarten, and Woodland is BY FAR the best!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Gym

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5217 Park Avenue