Posted March 30, 2015
My child recently graduated from Woodland Presbyterian School in 2013. She received a great education from caring teachers at Woodland. While there, her teachers and the school staff went out of their way to give her opportunities to extra work in areas that she was especially interested in. She was also (discreetly) given personalized instruction in areas that she struggled in. She always received encouragement and support from her teachers and coaches. She is now making straight A's in high school, where all of her classes are "Honors". Choosing Woodland for my child was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Posted February 07, 2015
Sending our boys to Woodland Presbyterian School was one of the best decisions we ever made for our family. Woodland is truly a community of people who will educate, nurture, encourage, challenge. love and support your child and family. From the caring and dedicated teachers, to the strong and steadfast administrative leaders, to the families who are part of this community, Woodland is a great school for your children. I would highly recommend Woodland Presbyterian School!

Posted February 02, 2015
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Woodland!! This is my son's fourth year at Woodland and I have NEVER once worried if he was being well taken care of. Every one of his teachers have nurtured him and treated him with such kindness and care....all while holding him to high behavioral and academic standards! It is true that the administration knows every child by name....that's because they truly love and care for the kids! I consider myself somewhat shy and I have still felt included by the other parents. If you haven't taken a look at Woodland you're missing out on something REALLY SPECIAL.

Posted January 31, 2015
We have been at Woodland for 3 years and I could not be happier for my daughter who is in the 4th grade. The school is warm and loving to the children with a great academic structure second to none. I can see why they have won best school so many times. If you are considering a private school for your child, I would definitely recommend Woodland.

Posted December 17, 2014
What a fabulous place to send your children to school. Woodland is a caring, compassionate school that not only teaches to a high academic standard, but also puts emphasis on being a service minded citizen. From PK-8th grade your child will be nurtured in a place they won't want to leave at 3:00. The teachers bend over backwards to help your child succeed. They offer before and after school work times for extra practice and acceleration. Communication between teacher and parent is appropriate at each grade level. As students transition from year to year, you see such growth and independence. I have watched in awe as my own son has morphed into a responsible middle schooler who knows what is expected of him at school from his teachers and does it without me needing to remind him daily. He want to succeed for his teachers- I owe that to Woodland. I know that without a doubt he will be fully prepared to attend any private or public school he chooses when the time comes. There is no doubt that Woodland is one of the best, if not THE best private school in Memphis. I wouldn't send my child anywhere else and am thankful we found this place for our son to grow and learn.

Posted December 16, 2014
Both of my children attended WPS through 8th grade and now attend large high schools in Memphis. The foundations of confidence and hard work instilled at Woodland allow them to be extremely successful in high school. They now take honors and AP classes have have a 3.92 and 4.46 GPA. I am so happy that we choose Woodland for their elementary and middle school years.

Posted December 15, 2014
There is no other place I would send my children! The environment is like no other! The teachers balance out traditional teaching with excellent use of modern technology to prepare them for a versatile future! It is loving, safe, fun, and truly a blessing for our family. It is the hidden gem in our city!!

Posted December 15, 2014
Woodland Presbyterian school is a loving and nurturing school where each child is appreciated and encouraged. I admire the attention to detail in regard to the personal goals set for each of my children. Individualized assessments, caring teachers, and a plethora of after school activities abound at this school. Happiness is WPS!

Posted November 24, 2014
There is no other place I would rather my children spend their school days. Everything about our school brings warmth to our hearts. My child is surrounded but love, support, extra helping hands when needed, and has truly blossomed in front of me over the past 3 years. This is our 4th year at Woodland and I could not be happier. My son is 2 and just as soon as he is old enough he will walk these wonderful halls as well! If you are looking for a safe, caring, and truly Christian environment for your little ones to grow & learn in Woodland is a perfect choice! I thank God every day for the opportunity to be a part of the Woodland family :)

Posted November 11, 2014
Woodland Presbyterian is a fantastic school that cares for the whole child. It has great academics with cutting edge technology and an excellent athletics program but it is also a wonderfully caring environment. The faculty truly love the children which contributes to the great sense of community among the families. My children have thrived there and we were welcomed into the community. We love it!

Woodland Presbyterian School
5217 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Woodland Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Woodland Presbyterian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top