Posted August 31, 2015
Woodland is a great school with a long history of success. The teachers genuinely care about my child and all children in their care.

Posted June 10, 2015
There isn’t enough room for me to write about our experience with Woodland. At some juncture, each teacher has provided an individualized plan for my son. Those plans varied from a couple of days after school to months or partnership. Our son’s SK teacher was attentive and knew things about him that only an observant teacher would know. His first grade teacher was so engrained in his development that I was beginning to think he was her child! I say this in jest, but there was a level of involvement that gave credence as to why we chose this school. Last year we experienced something very similar By the middle of the year, his teacher recognized that spelling just wasn’t clicking for him. We had mini discussions with her about how to support his efforts. Nothing we did at home was working. It even baffled her to some degree because his reading level was above average. We had the teacher conference with her. Before we could even offer our suggestion, she uttered “This Friday, I would like to give him his spelling test one on one to see if this makes a difference.” Although this is exactly what we were going to suggest, it still touched us that she was preemptively willing to do so. This wasn’t a fleeting exercise for his teacher. This was an enduring one. Dating back to second semester, every Friday, she would come early to facilitate his spelling test. This carried on until the end of the school year. Our son sustained a B average for the remainder of the year. We are confident that her undertaking is what made the difference in the retention on his grade. The guidance counselor aided our family this year when our son witnessed a traumatic car accident. He went into her office no less than three times in one day. Her techniques helped him in being able to manage those fears. Even the nurses go above and beyond to ensure the wellness and needs of our son are met. It is comforting to know that there is a team willing to dote & love on your child through sickness. The teachers felt empowered to provide us structure and guidance because of leadership. In my assessment, the school is a direct product of Adam Moore’s leadership and support for those who work tirelessly behind the scenes. The staff and teachers are amazing and clearly love what they do. We already have angst about what comes after Woodland!

Posted March 30, 2015
My child recently graduated from Woodland Presbyterian School in 2013. She received a great education from caring teachers at Woodland. While there, her teachers and the school staff went out of their way to give her opportunities to extra work in areas that she was especially interested in. She was also (discreetly) given personalized instruction in areas that she struggled in. She always received encouragement and support from her teachers and coaches. She is now making straight A's in high school, where all of her classes are "Honors". Choosing Woodland for my child was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Posted February 07, 2015
Sending our boys to Woodland Presbyterian School was one of the best decisions we ever made for our family. Woodland is truly a community of people who will educate, nurture, encourage, challenge. love and support your child and family. From the caring and dedicated teachers, to the strong and steadfast administrative leaders, to the families who are part of this community, Woodland is a great school for your children. I would highly recommend Woodland Presbyterian School!

Posted February 02, 2015
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Woodland!! This is my son's fourth year at Woodland and I have NEVER once worried if he was being well taken care of. Every one of his teachers have nurtured him and treated him with such kindness and care....all while holding him to high behavioral and academic standards! It is true that the administration knows every child by name....that's because they truly love and care for the kids! I consider myself somewhat shy and I have still felt included by the other parents. If you haven't taken a look at Woodland you're missing out on something REALLY SPECIAL.

Posted January 31, 2015
We have been at Woodland for 3 years and I could not be happier for my daughter who is in the 4th grade. The school is warm and loving to the children with a great academic structure second to none. I can see why they have won best school so many times. If you are considering a private school for your child, I would definitely recommend Woodland.

Posted December 17, 2014
What a fabulous place to send your children to school. Woodland is a caring, compassionate school that not only teaches to a high academic standard, but also puts emphasis on being a service minded citizen. From PK-8th grade your child will be nurtured in a place they won't want to leave at 3:00. The teachers bend over backwards to help your child succeed. They offer before and after school work times for extra practice and acceleration. Communication between teacher and parent is appropriate at each grade level. As students transition from year to year, you see such growth and independence. I have watched in awe as my own son has morphed into a responsible middle schooler who knows what is expected of him at school from his teachers and does it without me needing to remind him daily. He want to succeed for his teachers- I owe that to Woodland. I know that without a doubt he will be fully prepared to attend any private or public school he chooses when the time comes. There is no doubt that Woodland is one of the best, if not THE best private school in Memphis. I wouldn't send my child anywhere else and am thankful we found this place for our son to grow and learn.

Posted December 16, 2014
Both of my children attended WPS through 8th grade and now attend large high schools in Memphis. The foundations of confidence and hard work instilled at Woodland allow them to be extremely successful in high school. They now take honors and AP classes have have a 3.92 and 4.46 GPA. I am so happy that we choose Woodland for their elementary and middle school years.

Posted December 15, 2014
There is no other place I would send my children! The environment is like no other! The teachers balance out traditional teaching with excellent use of modern technology to prepare them for a versatile future! It is loving, safe, fun, and truly a blessing for our family. It is the hidden gem in our city!!

Posted December 15, 2014
Woodland Presbyterian school is a loving and nurturing school where each child is appreciated and encouraged. I admire the attention to detail in regard to the personal goals set for each of my children. Individualized assessments, caring teachers, and a plethora of after school activities abound at this school. Happiness is WPS!

Woodland Presbyterian School
5217 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Woodland Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Woodland Presbyterian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top