Memphis, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
What a fabulous place to send your children to school. Woodland is a caring, compassionate school that not only teaches to a high academic standard, but also puts emphasis on being a service minded citizen. From PK-8th grade your child will be nurtured in a place they won't want to leave at 3:00. The teachers bend over backwards to help your child succeed. They offer before and after school work times for extra practice and acceleration. Communication between teacher and parent is appropriate at each grade level. As students transition from year to year, you see such growth and independence. I have watched in awe as my own son has morphed into a responsible middle schooler who knows what is expected of him at school from his teachers and does it without me needing to remind him daily. He want to succeed for his teachers- I owe that to Woodland. I know that without a doubt he will be fully prepared to attend any private or public school he chooses when the time comes. There is no doubt that Woodland is one of the best, if not THE best private school in Memphis. I wouldn't send my child anywhere else and am thankful we found this place for our son to grow and learn.

Posted December 16, 2014
Both of my children attended WPS through 8th grade and now attend large high schools in Memphis. The foundations of confidence and hard work instilled at Woodland allow them to be extremely successful in high school. They now take honors and AP classes have have a 3.92 and 4.46 GPA. I am so happy that we choose Woodland for their elementary and middle school years.

Posted December 15, 2014
There is no other place I would send my children! The environment is like no other! The teachers balance out traditional teaching with excellent use of modern technology to prepare them for a versatile future! It is loving, safe, fun, and truly a blessing for our family. It is the hidden gem in our city!!

Posted December 15, 2014
Woodland Presbyterian school is a loving and nurturing school where each child is appreciated and encouraged. I admire the attention to detail in regard to the personal goals set for each of my children. Individualized assessments, caring teachers, and a plethora of after school activities abound at this school. Happiness is WPS!

Posted November 24, 2014
There is no other place I would rather my children spend their school days. Everything about our school brings warmth to our hearts. My child is surrounded but love, support, extra helping hands when needed, and has truly blossomed in front of me over the past 3 years. This is our 4th year at Woodland and I could not be happier. My son is 2 and just as soon as he is old enough he will walk these wonderful halls as well! If you are looking for a safe, caring, and truly Christian environment for your little ones to grow & learn in Woodland is a perfect choice! I thank God every day for the opportunity to be a part of the Woodland family :)

Posted November 11, 2014
Woodland Presbyterian is a fantastic school that cares for the whole child. It has great academics with cutting edge technology and an excellent athletics program but it is also a wonderfully caring environment. The faculty truly love the children which contributes to the great sense of community among the families. My children have thrived there and we were welcomed into the community. We love it!

Posted May 24, 2014
Woodland is a great school that has a very good community environment, strong academics and emphasis on conduct and service. While there are some disruptive kids in any school, my experience has been that it is promptly dealt with. Some teachers do have kids in the school, and I think this is a good thing since they have a vested interest in making sure the school environment and academics are at a high standard. Woodland students do very well in high school and they often come back to support the school. It has a very active and supportive parent organization.

Posted May 07, 2014
As a grandparent I want to commend Woodland for the outstanding work they are doing with my grandchildren. I attend all the special programs and am so impressed with the quality. The music program is outstanding. I always leave the school feeling like my grandchildren are getting the best of the best in academics, sports, and arts. The classrooms are cheerful with displays of all the children's work. I'm impressed with the behavior of the children and the overall atmosphere. The teachers are friendly and helpful. The staff members are as well. I believe this is a setting where the individuality of each child can shine and that they are not just a number. I'm very thankful that they are growing up in such a healthy environment and will be prepared for the challenges of high school. I recommend that you check this school out.

Woodland Presbyterian School 2

Posted April 25, 2014
I tried really hard to get to know other parents at this school. It is very hard to break through these folks. If you haven't been here since PK, no one really gives you the time of day. I volunteered for several PTA sponsored events. The only one that they called for me to help them with, I ended up leaving early. I was very uncomforable. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The students here take clues from their parents and unfortunately have no compassion for anyone different from themselves. More diversity is needed here. Teachers are okay, assignments aren't challenging enough though.

Posted April 23, 2014
You will find a school full of faculty and staff who love your kids and truly want them to succeed! I am grateful for each teacher my children have had! We definitely recommend others to take at look at Woodland!

Woodland Presbyterian School
5217 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Woodland Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Woodland Presbyterian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top