PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter was told by a classmate that she could not play with the other kids but she can clean-up after they are finished. My daughter was the ONLY Brown girl in the class. I spoke with the Teacher she tried to push it under the rug. The very next day, The Teacher sent home a note in Red telling me how my daughter's habits are horrible! I agreed with her that she does have some bad habits( I.e. Not putting her name on her paper) but the list she gave me was a bit much. I thought about it...she was trying to get me uncomfortable so I can move my child. She saw us as a problem because I told her about the little racism comment. My child is in the 2nd grade. There is no diversity at this school. I didn't see any Teachers that was of any other ethnicity than White. The only Black people I saw were cleaning the school! Maybe, that is why the little girl thought my daughter was in line to do the same. My oldest daughter attends Braircrest and her school is nothing like FACS! This is my experience at FACS. I am very disappointed, I had such high hopes!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a whole the staff leads by example, living Christ centered lives. The FACS faculty doesn't just talk the talk, they walk the walk.

Unfortunately, some individuals find it necessary to slander FACS, and probably other schools as well. After sending our children to FACS for 11 years, I find many of the comments less than authentic, sometimes comical and definitely not based on facts. All of our children excel academically and our oldest child will be graduating with a 4.6 GPA. She will also be attending the university of her choice with a full academic scholarship. As a whole, the staff is exceptional and the Christ like environment is tremendous. The "in crowd" at FACS is thankfully the Jesus crowd. Some individuals will always find something to complain about but the facts speak for themselves. FACS offers a superb learning environment!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most teachers are not qualified to be teaching. As long as you are a Christian, and have a high school diploma, you will be considered as a qualified teacher at FACS.

I was raised in the church, and gradually came to the conclusion that it is silly for anyone to believe that we as human beings can understand anything on a celestial level. That aside, if all that you want is to be sure that your child believes the same Christian ideologies as you do, there is a good chance this school will satisfy your needs. If you want your child to truly be prepared for the real world with a quality education, you will want to keep looking. I spent 5 years at the school and finished my education at a local high school. Upon arriving at my new school, I immediately realized that the curriculum of the local public school was far advanced from where I left off at FACS, and my freshman year in college, again I felt ill prepared by my education gained at FACS. To sum it up, FACS May be able to brain wash your child (didn't work on me), but will not prepare them for the real world. I would keep looking if I were you.

This past year was our son's first year at FACS, and I can't say enough good things about our experience. Before attending FACS, our son attended another local faith-based private school from Kindergarten through 4th grade. We had a horrible experience at that school (for too many reasons to list here), and our son dreaded going to class each day. This year at FACS has been a stark (and very welcome) contrast. He has returned to his love of learning, has made great friends very quickly, and has excelled in every way. So I would be happy to recommend FACS to anyone. And to the reviewer who said that s/he is surprised that the school is still in business, you apparently haven't been paying attention to the fact that the school's enrollment has continued to increase each year - unlike some of the other local private schools. Apparently enough people have concluded that the school is doing something right.

I highly recommend you DO NOT send your child to FACS. I am surprised they are still in business. The administrators are weak and without a vision for making FACS a great school. The administrators also "bully" students into attending school functions. The teachers are unable to maintain discipline in their classrooms, are umnable to teach with enthusiasm and appear to be very disinterested in teaching.

I have been attending FACS since I was in Pre-K and am now a Junior and I have nothing but good things to say about my school. The teachers genuinely care about each student regardless of academic level or background. Any student that says they don't learn anything or that the teachers don't teach probably doesn't want to learn anything and doesn't pay attention. FACS offers education for every student at any academic level. Not only does the administration care about our academic experience but they also care about our relationship with God, which is a great plus. Being a Student Ambassador for three years, I have had the opportunity to hear and see how much the administration loves and cares for the student body. The only thing I would like to see change at FACS is the attitude some of the students have toward the school. The students who take the time to get involved and make friends with the right people will learn to love and appreciate everything FACS has to offer. I am so grateful God has given me the opportunity to attend such an amazing school for so long!

My daughter started at FACS as a Freshman after 3 years in another area private school. She is so happy and has grown as a person and as a student since she's been at FACS. We also have a toddler and will definitely send him to FACS. Love the school, Love the teachers, Love the students!!

As a Graduate of FACS, I recommend this school for any student (PreK-12) regardless of previous educational backgrounds. I graduated 5 years ago, and have noticed the recent increase in student enrollment, which is of no surprise to me as FACS continues to excel in providing a well-rounded Education and Above-Average preparation for life after graduation. - Satisfied Alumnus

Last modified First Assembly Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12