PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework is sent home with our children on a regular basis and this is expected. We also work with our children at home making sure we fulfill our duties as parents to prepare them for the future.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They don't have many options for extra help. And children who actually have an IEP, they ignore. Which be against the law in public schools. So sad.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The administration is old and out of date. They need to retire and get some fresh eyes in there.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school doesn't provide individual attention or bother to get to know the students and what their interests are. They teach to the median.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most teachers don't even have a teaching license. They hire people from within the church. And they usually aren't even qualified.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They send home a ton of homework. I thought this is why we pay for school, for our daughter to be taught at school. My husband has actually taught her more about math at home!

Our daughter started FACS in JrK. Started out fine, but has gradually gotten worse and worse. The teachers are below average. Some don't even have teaching degrees or licenses. The school is run by the church so if one attends church there, they are pretty much guaranteed a job, qualified or not. Doesn't matter!! The administration is old and out of date and they need to retire but they won't be fired because most attend church there. And any children who attend church there or have parents who teach there are given far more opportunities than the rest of the children. This school has not helped my daughter with math, she needs extra attention and has never gotten it. Her dad has actually helped her more and taught her more at home!! Every year the tuition has gone up and the quality of education has gone down! And don't get me started on bullying. I've had two friends who had to pull a son and a daughter because they were being bullied so badly and nothing was done! Both children were on the brink of having a nervous breakdown or committing suicide!! We will be pulling our daughter after this year. I just wish we'd left sooner. Please don't send your children here!! No!! It may start off ok but I promise it gets worse and worse!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They don't do a thing about bullying!! It just gets overlooked!!!!

My daughter was told by a classmate that she could not play with the other kids but she can clean-up after they are finished. My daughter was the ONLY Brown girl in the class. I spoke with the Teacher she tried to push it under the rug. The very next day, The Teacher sent home a note in Red telling me how my daughter's habits are horrible! I agreed with her that she does have some bad habits( I.e. Not putting her name on her paper) but the list she gave me was a bit much. I thought about it...she was trying to get me uncomfortable so I can move my child. She saw us as a problem because I told her about the little racism comment. My child is in the 2nd grade. There is no diversity at this school. I didn't see any Teachers that was of any other ethnicity than White. The only Black people I saw were cleaning the school! Maybe, that is why the little girl thought my daughter was in line to do the same. My oldest daughter attends Braircrest and her school is nothing like FACS! This is my experience at FACS. I am very disappointed, I had such high hopes!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a whole the staff leads by example, living Christ centered lives. The FACS faculty doesn't just talk the talk, they walk the walk.

Last modified First Assembly Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12