Posted May 20, 2014
This past year was our son's first year at FACS, and I can't say enough good things about our experience. Before attending FACS, our son attended another local faith-based private school from Kindergarten through 4th grade. We had a horrible experience at that school (for too many reasons to list here), and our son dreaded going to class each day. This year at FACS has been a stark (and very welcome) contrast. He has returned to his love of learning, has made great friends very quickly, and has excelled in every way. So I would be happy to recommend FACS to anyone. And to the reviewer who said that s/he is surprised that the school is still in business, you apparently haven't been paying attention to the fact that the school's enrollment has continued to increase each year - unlike some of the other local private schools. Apparently enough people have concluded that the school is doing something right.

First Assembly Christian School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
I highly recommend you DO NOT send your child to FACS. I am surprised they are still in business. The administrators are weak and without a vision for making FACS a great school. The administrators also "bully" students into attending school functions. The teachers are unable to maintain discipline in their classrooms, are umnable to teach with enthusiasm and appear to be very disinterested in teaching.

Posted November 19, 2013
I have been attending FACS since I was in Pre-K and am now a Junior and I have nothing but good things to say about my school. The teachers genuinely care about each student regardless of academic level or background. Any student that says they don't learn anything or that the teachers don't teach probably doesn't want to learn anything and doesn't pay attention. FACS offers education for every student at any academic level. Not only does the administration care about our academic experience but they also care about our relationship with God, which is a great plus. Being a Student Ambassador for three years, I have had the opportunity to hear and see how much the administration loves and cares for the student body. The only thing I would like to see change at FACS is the attitude some of the students have toward the school. The students who take the time to get involved and make friends with the right people will learn to love and appreciate everything FACS has to offer. I am so grateful God has given me the opportunity to attend such an amazing school for so long!

Posted October 25, 2012
My daughter started at FACS as a Freshman after 3 years in another area private school. She is so happy and has grown as a person and as a student since she's been at FACS. We also have a toddler and will definitely send him to FACS. Love the school, Love the teachers, Love the students!!

First Assembly Christian School 4

Posted August 24, 2011
As a Graduate of FACS, I recommend this school for any student (PreK-12) regardless of previous educational backgrounds. I graduated 5 years ago, and have noticed the recent increase in student enrollment, which is of no surprise to me as FACS continues to excel in providing a well-rounded Education and Above-Average preparation for life after graduation. - Satisfied Alumnus

Posted May 13, 2011
I Love working here! I've been here twelve years. It has been a great experience.

Posted December 09, 2010
I am so enjoying working at FACS. The teachers really care about the students. They help every child (not just the smart or easy to teach kids). The academically smarter kids are challenged without losing focus on the other students. Every student is important. With all of the hardships that students face today at home, it is nice to work in a school that really cares and takes time to listen and help every student.

First Assembly Christian School 1

Posted May 07, 2010
FACS is a school that does not challenge your student academically. Your student would come home without any homework every night. They are known as the school that gets out when it rains! This is because they have had eight snow days this year. They get out of school if MCS or SCS are out, and they aren't making up any of the eight days they missed! If you want a truly challenging education for your child, look somewhere else. There are plenty of better private schools in Memphis.

Posted October 06, 2009
I think the school most definitely has their priorities in order! God is our creator, God is in and throughout every class at school. You know what they say... the Light shines from the top down. The Head Master exudes Christ in everything he does and says... and so does the school.

First Assembly Christian School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
This is our first year at FACS. I have 2 sons in elementary and am very pleased with the teachers. I moved my kids from another private school and was not pleased at the lack of education that they had received from this more expensive school. FACS is really a great elementary school for our children. The teachers are so approachable, listen, happy, and love my boys. The Christ centered atmosphere is so nice. The school is growing and I am excited to see the strides that this school will take in the future. The coaches are also the best. It's nice to actually see coaches at a Christian school with Bibles in their hands.

First Assembly Christian School
8650 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN  38018
Last modified First Assembly Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Assembly Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.