PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child has been at CTK since she was 18 months old. She began in the early childhood and is now in Kindergarten. She has been challenged, taught and loved. She comes home singing songs and telling me Bible stories. She is counting money, reading words and explaining to me that bones make our bodies work. There has been so much information taught to her over the years that I never cease to be amazed at the things she explains to me. Her teachers have all been loving and have had high expectations. I can not think of one thing I would change about our experience and time at CTK!! We love this place!

As a parent of two Early Childhood students I have experienced great care from all of the staff members at Christ the King. My children have learned more by age 4 than I ever could have expected. The teachers are conscientious, kind, and personable. My children even get to interact with the older students at the Upper School, often joining them for Physical Education in the gymnasium. My children also have the opportunity to play soccer, do ballet, take extracurricular art and gymnastics classes, as well as participate in Christmas Programs taht proclaim Christ's love. In my dealings with the Upper School, I've found the teachers to be kind and helpful to me, and take the time to get to know the individual child. From what I can see, the school offers great opportunities for students to be successful, as well as challenge the individual child. I would recommend this school to any parent that is interested in their child being in a safe, Christ-centered environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The preschool teachers are caring and loving. The upper school teachers, while being very personable and helpful, are also very demanding and do their best to pull the best out of the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students that leave Christ the King go on to do great things. They are well-prepared for the world around them, and the school staff consistently models these behaviors.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I am extremely far behind in math and I finished with an A plus, and I barely made it into Algebra I.

This school ruined my life. I wish I could give this school zero stars, but sadly I am required to have one. I recently graduated and I am totally and completely unprepared for high school. Teachers were unprofessional with students and would not help students who desperately needed it with academics and other issues. Many teachers treated students unfairly based on if they liked them or not, which affected lots of student's grades. I had attempted to bring up a minor issue with my teachers who would not listen, and eventually the principal, who completely ignored my request to just speak with him. It was offensive and completely rude. I was not allowed to move up to honors when my lowest grade was a 92. Teachers were caught speaking terribly about two students while on a school trip, and even when a parent came up to the school and tried to reconcile with the teacher, the other teachers defended the accused teacher by saying it was "just for a reaction from the students." It was extremely hurtful that a teacher and two students were allowed to speak about myself and my friend in this manner. Teachers purposefully hurt students and the students often felt alone in their school. The absence of a school counselor did not help the student's situation at all. When I would attempt to give a different opinion in religion class that was still a Christian point of view, I was reprimanded and shot down. Overall, I would never send my child to this school or recommend it to anybody. I would never wish it on my worst enemy.

Principal never listens and mocks students. He is selfish and rude. He puts on a nice face when people come to visit. One teacher always has snarky remarks and does nothing during class. Also has favorites and only lets certin students do jobs. I am extremely disappointed with the principal and teacher.

I have two daughters at CTK. My oldest is in second grade and my youngest in the 3 year old pre school. I have been pleased beyond words with the teachers, principal, and all ancillary staff. We feel like this is a family. There are so many activities for the children. There are always events for holidays on the weekends. The children are using smart boards and i pads from kindergarten. The teachers keep parents updated every week. I feel that these teachers love my children and want them to succeed. My oldest has ADHD and there has never been a problem. I wish I could take this school with me when we relocate. I am struggling finding a school comparable in the state of Florida. God Bless CTK!

As principal, it is an honor and privilege to serve the students and families who attend Christ the King. Our family population is such a wonderfully diverse ethnic, religious, and socio-economic blend. Our mission, Equipping Children for Christian Leadership, is lived out in so many ways: student government, service projects, religious instruction, rigorous academics, and cutting edge technology. Our teachers have a passion for Christ, a love of children, and a desire to see each child become the very best he/she can be. Beside our strong academic program, we offer Extended Care, After School Enrichment classes, and athletics. Check out our website, www.ctkschool.com, to learn more about Christ the King.

My oldest daughter (she's 21 now) attended CTK Pre-School through 8th grade. She graduated from CTK with the tools to lead a successful life centered around Christ and with exemplary academic skills. She attends University of Memphis and takes 6 classes every semester while working 30 hours a week to pay her own tuition. We could certainly help her with the tuition but she wants the satisfaction she gets when she writes her own check. CTK works with the parents to achieve the values and work ethic so that all children will be as successful as my daughter. We now have a 12 year old and a 14 year old at CTK and we see the same potential in them and their joy and humbleness in knowing God is in their lives. Thank you Christ the King teachers, principal, Pastors, and parents!

Last modified Christ the King Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8