Christ the King Lutheran School 3

Posted May 13, 2015
Principal never listens and mocks students. He is selfish and rude. He puts on a nice face when people come to visit. One teacher always has snarky remarks and does nothing during class. Also has favorites and only lets certin students do jobs. I am extremely disappointed with the principal and teacher.

Posted January 08, 2015
I have two daughters at CTK. My oldest is in second grade and my youngest in the 3 year old pre school. I have been pleased beyond words with the teachers, principal, and all ancillary staff. We feel like this is a family. There are so many activities for the children. There are always events for holidays on the weekends. The children are using smart boards and i pads from kindergarten. The teachers keep parents updated every week. I feel that these teachers love my children and want them to succeed. My oldest has ADHD and there has never been a problem. I wish I could take this school with me when we relocate. I am struggling finding a school comparable in the state of Florida. God Bless CTK!

Posted March 29, 2012
As principal, it is an honor and privilege to serve the students and families who attend Christ the King. Our family population is such a wonderfully diverse ethnic, religious, and socio-economic blend. Our mission, Equipping Children for Christian Leadership, is lived out in so many ways: student government, service projects, religious instruction, rigorous academics, and cutting edge technology. Our teachers have a passion for Christ, a love of children, and a desire to see each child become the very best he/she can be. Beside our strong academic program, we offer Extended Care, After School Enrichment classes, and athletics. Check out our website, www.ctkschool.com, to learn more about Christ the King.

Posted March 25, 2011
My oldest daughter (she's 21 now) attended CTK Pre-School through 8th grade. She graduated from CTK with the tools to lead a successful life centered around Christ and with exemplary academic skills. She attends University of Memphis and takes 6 classes every semester while working 30 hours a week to pay her own tuition. We could certainly help her with the tuition but she wants the satisfaction she gets when she writes her own check. CTK works with the parents to achieve the values and work ethic so that all children will be as successful as my daughter. We now have a 12 year old and a 14 year old at CTK and we see the same potential in them and their joy and humbleness in knowing God is in their lives. Thank you Christ the King teachers, principal, Pastors, and parents!
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 27, 2010
Our first child has been i the CTK early childhood program for 3 years and we love it. Top notch all the way. The teachers provide feedback, are available for parents when we needed them and the administrators have worked with our changing needs in a way we never expected. truly a gem in the city of Memphis. Our 2nd child will be there next fall and we couldn't be happier that we don't have to search for a caring enriching environment. We have already found one in CTK.

Posted August 27, 2010
CTK is such a caring school. We have children from all walks of life and they are all treated equally. We have a new principal this year that has made some minor changes and is really focused on growing our children mentally and spiritually. The teachers, church staff and parents are all wonderful and very friendly. I would invite anyone to do a tour of CTK that is looking for a great school. I promise you will not be disappointed....you will fall in love!

Posted January 28, 2010
I love CTK! It is the best school ever. I love having a small school and getting so much attentien! I love CTK. Any parent who is trying to find the right school this is the one. We even have a plus class for children with ADHD etc. We also have horizons which is for really smart children. You start that in January 1rst grade. Grade 2 plus starts at the beginnig of the year. CTK is a great school and I'm sure you will love it! Alli Ctk school student

Posted February 16, 2009
This school is fantastic! From the curriculum to the staff to the students I couldn't ask for a better environment for my daughter! The experiences my daughter has had here will carry with her for the rest of her life - we couldn't be happier!

Posted April 18, 2008
Christ the King Lutheran School is well-run, ha teachers and staff that care, and provide an excellent education both academically and spiritually. A 'smal-town school in the heart of a city.

Posted October 21, 2007
After a disappointing experience elsewhere, we chose Christ the King Day School. It's the best decision we've ever made. Our daughter is challenged and happy here. The teachers are exellent in their fields and they are so nurturing. A child can't help but feel loved and valued here; the love of Christ just flows from the staff and students toward each other. The school is highly regarded throughout the community and the high schools the students attend after graduating from 8th grade are exemplary. You couldn't ask for a better experience than to send your child to CTK!

5296 Park Ave, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Christ the King Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ the King Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top