Posted July 31, 2014
Great School. Here are the things we like about ICCS: diverse student body, small classes, welcoming and warm community, challenging academics, strong fine arts and Spanish programs, variety of after school activities

Immaculate Conception Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2014
ICCS is just okay. There are public schools in the area, like Snowden or Central, that are probably just as good, if not better. Most of the teachers are decent, but there are some that are very difficult to deal with, and I think wanted to work here because they thought a private school wouldn't require them to work as hard. They are not accommodating to students with special needs and don't seem to know what to do with them. If you have a very bright child, find another school; this one is so-so with academics. There are students who are bullies, and they are reluctant to deal with them because they are so small and need every tuition dollar. Don't think we will be continuing here for high school.

Posted May 27, 2013
ICCS is a wonderful school!! My child just finished his first year here and we have been very impressed. Great community, warm and welcoming. I have been impressed with the curriculum and especially love the fact that my child is learning Spanish in a daily immersion program.

Immaculate Conception Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2012
After reading the other reports, I must say I have had the same problems there with certain teachers. But it looks like things are turning around. The principal has apparently cleaned house over the summer. All of the problematic teachers are gone this year! There are many new faces in the faculty. This is a MAJOR change for the better! Our kids are there this year and off to a good start. The principal is doing a great job of getting the school back on track and many parents seem to be much happier this year. Good job IC.

Posted May 04, 2011
My daughter graduated 2010 from IC. After her first semester in college she told me that IC over-prepared her for college! The teachers are wonderful and take a real interest in the students. I am very happy that my daughter attended IC. The school has an excellent reputation even beyond Memphis: I spoke yesterday with an official of the German government and was impressed when I told him that my daughter attended IC. Do yourself and your daughter a favor and sign up! Yes, the tuition is tough - but the school is absolutely worth it!

Posted February 17, 2011
This is an excellent school. It gets better every year. About two years ago, I kind of wondered about the directional future for our child, but since, I'm highly satisfied. Very diverse student body, superb sporting opportunities, high educational standards, low behavior problems, parental involvement , friendly and professional staff, and a school full of willing children in a learning environment!

Posted November 17, 2010
We love IC! We have been parishioners for 16 years and our 8 year old son is in the 3rd grade at IC. He loves it too! When your child loves to go to school and excels academically, what else could you ask for.

Posted November 17, 2010
Excellent curriculum. The reading and math program are particularly strong. My kindergartner is quickly learning how to read and is learning some high concepts in math. And she has Spanish immersion classes 5 days a week; she is beginning to speak some Spanish at home. I am extremely happy with her progress this year. Small class sizes and a small school ensure everyone knows her by name, and I really like that. All the support teachers are amazing too. Love IC!

Posted November 16, 2010
We are very pleased with our choice of elementary school for our son. The new principal is very experienced and runs a "tight ship." The classes are small, and all of our son's teachers keep us very much in touch with how he's doing. We looked at some of the "glitzy" schools before deciding on IC and decided to choose what we feel is a school of more substance.

Posted November 16, 2010
There are many good private schools to choose from in Memphis. While we looked at a number of them for our daughter who just entered preschool this year IC stood out above the others. Our choice is affirmed daily as we see her progress and growth. The campus is beautiful, the teachers clearly love what they do, my daughter is learning in 2 languages at a great pace, and is sad to leave each day when I pick her up. What more could I ask for?

Immaculate Conception Elementary School
1669 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Immaculate Conception Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top