Immaculate Conception Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2015
I am in the middle school at I.C.C.S. and I have been here for over five years. I have had a very mixed experience at the school. First off, the teachers hardly even challenge me and half of them barely care about doing their job. The new Head of School has been doing a great job so far this year and I hope she stays and finally picks up on this school. I dislike the principal very much. She is a complete busybody with nothing to do but change worthless things such as update the lunch(to be even worse), and much more that is just terrible. Also, the whole community is terrible, nearly every parent has problems with another it seems. There is always drama and the parents are very immature for their ages. The kids all hate each other too. Nobody seems to really care about how the middle school has legitimately ran out of paper, but they really are interested on building a new building for a library and staff when the library doesn't have much more over a thousand books. While there are some ups in the school, it has many downs as well.

Immaculate Conception Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
School is a great school far as saftey and kindness but lack in helping students whom need extra help in certin studies they dont offer any tutoring after school for. Elm age students teachers dont aware parents of students low grades untill end of year or take any any time during school year to help students whom need help they only email grades through powerschool which sometimes is not accurate they send home no form of progress reports in paper form only graded papers which leaves a working parent to sit home and figure up grades for what subject instead of considering that some kids are not as fast learners as others there quick to self evaulate if ur child has and disorder or not if u ask me iccs elm is a school that only takes ur money and give u no more than presentation of the material between school hours 8am-3pm and nothing more !! Public schools are almost the same class ratio and using the exact same curr culum and provide many extra curriculum programs for kids whom needs extra help in subjects for free iccs no more taking my thousands of dollars for NOTHING !!
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 31, 2014
Great School. Here are the things we like about ICCS: diverse student body, small classes, welcoming and warm community, challenging academics, strong fine arts and Spanish programs, variety of after school activities

Immaculate Conception Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2014
ICCS is just okay. There are public schools in the area, like Snowden or Central, that are probably just as good, if not better. Most of the teachers are decent, but there are some that are very difficult to deal with, and I think wanted to work here because they thought a private school wouldn't require them to work as hard. They are not accommodating to students with special needs and don't seem to know what to do with them. If you have a very bright child, find another school; this one is so-so with academics. There are students who are bullies, and they are reluctant to deal with them because they are so small and need every tuition dollar. Don't think we will be continuing here for high school.

Posted May 27, 2013
ICCS is a wonderful school!! My child just finished his first year here and we have been very impressed. Great community, warm and welcoming. I have been impressed with the curriculum and especially love the fact that my child is learning Spanish in a daily immersion program.

Immaculate Conception Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2012
After reading the other reports, I must say I have had the same problems there with certain teachers. But it looks like things are turning around. The principal has apparently cleaned house over the summer. All of the problematic teachers are gone this year! There are many new faces in the faculty. This is a MAJOR change for the better! Our kids are there this year and off to a good start. The principal is doing a great job of getting the school back on track and many parents seem to be much happier this year. Good job IC.

Posted May 04, 2011
My daughter graduated 2010 from IC. After her first semester in college she told me that IC over-prepared her for college! The teachers are wonderful and take a real interest in the students. I am very happy that my daughter attended IC. The school has an excellent reputation even beyond Memphis: I spoke yesterday with an official of the German government and was impressed when I told him that my daughter attended IC. Do yourself and your daughter a favor and sign up! Yes, the tuition is tough - but the school is absolutely worth it!

Posted February 17, 2011
This is an excellent school. It gets better every year. About two years ago, I kind of wondered about the directional future for our child, but since, I'm highly satisfied. Very diverse student body, superb sporting opportunities, high educational standards, low behavior problems, parental involvement , friendly and professional staff, and a school full of willing children in a learning environment!

Posted November 17, 2010
We love IC! We have been parishioners for 16 years and our 8 year old son is in the 3rd grade at IC. He loves it too! When your child loves to go to school and excels academically, what else could you ask for.

Posted November 17, 2010
Excellent curriculum. The reading and math program are particularly strong. My kindergartner is quickly learning how to read and is learning some high concepts in math. And she has Spanish immersion classes 5 days a week; she is beginning to speak some Spanish at home. I am extremely happy with her progress this year. Small class sizes and a small school ensure everyone knows her by name, and I really like that. All the support teachers are amazing too. Love IC!

Immaculate Conception Elementary School
1669 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Immaculate Conception Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top