Posted November 01, 2014
Outstanding school in every way! My husband and I researched many schools in the Memphis area for our daughter. We chose SAA, and the school had exceeded our expectations. From the Lower School through Upper School, highly qualified and caring teachers and administrators, a challenging curriculum, and opportunities for spiritual, athletic and artistic growth make this school a standout among other schools in the area. We are not native Memphians, but SAA made us feel welcome from the day we stepped on the campus. It is truly a family! If you want your daughter to be in an environment where she will thrive, SAA is the school where she will be encouraged to be her authentic self and to accomplish all that she can! Congratulations to the school for being selected as the Best Private School in Memphis by the Commercial Appeal, for being awarded Best of the Preps for four consecutive years, for being recognized as a Top Working Place in the Memphis area, and to President Barbara Daush for being named CEO of the Year by the Memphis Business Journal. As you can see SAA has it all!

Posted November 01, 2014
Love SAA! The exceptional early childhood, lower school, and junior high teachers provide a challenging and well-rounded education. My daughter loves coming to school every day, and I feel welcome as a parent. I recently attended a wonderful parent booktalk led by the Dean, both she and the faculty have an open-door policy that forges a strong home-school partnership. I am impressed with the extensive and ongoing training that the faculty receives. Since coming to St. Agnes, my daughter has grown in all areas academically, spiritually, artistically, athletically, emotionally, etc. in addition to school provides leadership and community service opportunities for all of the children. My daughter is encouraged to discover her gifts and to feel confident in using them. SAA is truly a family. I have been involved in providing meals for families who have been in need, and my daughter's class has provided support for classmates when they were in need. If you want your daughter to attend a school that will attend to all aspects of her growth and development, SAA is the school to choose! I thank God every day for SAA!

Posted August 07, 2014
Favoritism and politics. We sent our child for the Latin program, I regret it every day.

Posted June 24, 2014
Favoritism! No such thing as "family" unless you donate money or have some kind of relative. They do not like "different." There is no diversity in terms of race, orientation or disabilities. My parent died in HS, and there was hardly any condolence, and it was handled horribly. They allow some students to eat lunch with them in their offices. Some parents are there all the time chatting away. Some of the teachers are hired in a subject they never went to school for but were hired solely because they are alumni or their mommy works there. I did not feel prepared for college. They push you in math and English. Yet, the math was about memorizing. They do not offer classes like business, economics, journalism, geology, physics and HS music. When I went to college, it took me a long time to choose a major because I felt like I had to explore the various studies. The college counseling/help was a joke. They do not rank their students, which if one does well in grades like I did, it hurts you. Out-of-state colleges rely on that ranking system if they are not as familiar with your school. It's all looks. The "name" or the academics do not get you into college any more than other schools.

Posted October 07, 2013
My daughter transferred to St. Agnes in 9th grade from another area private school which were very dedicated to. She transferred for the academic opportunities SAA offered. B/c we are not Catholic, I was a little concerned, however, everyone at SAA made my daughter and my whole family feel like we had been there forever. She has excelled academically, grown spiritually, and has grown to love helping others through service. The teachers, counselors, and staff are very dedicated and show great concern for these girls in and out of the classroom and always encourage them to excel to the best of their ability. My daughter has grown into a confident, independent, well rounded young woman here. We could not have hoped for a better high school experience.

Posted August 12, 2013
After 13 years at St. Agnes Academy, my daughter is now well on her way to the next chapter in her life... College! I have no doubt that she is well prepared for the independence and responsibility that college requires. St. Agnes has been the best investment our family could have made for her. At each level of her growth, SAA has nurtured and encouraged her, yet remained firm with their commitment to academic excellence. In any quality institution with high standards, there will always be children who experience difficulties, however the administration is supportive and makes every attempt to help parents and children work their way through. St. Agnes has been a blessing to us, and I am confident that my daughter is ready to meet the challenges of college and life beyond. Thank you SAA!

Posted August 12, 2013
My daughter is a 2013 graduate of St. Agnes Academy (SAA) and we thank God for the blessing of her wonderful experience and education. SAA helped shape her into an amazing young woman and we are fortunate that she will be attending college on an almost free-ride! She attended SAA for 9 years and from the moment she began she was empowered and encouraged to realize her full potential. The nurturing environment of the Lower School, coupled with Christ in the curriculum/classroom, was just what she needed when we switched schools mid-way through grammar school. The faculty and administration was ALWAYS responsive and solution-oriented to when we had a need. Our daughter loved the technology in learning ~ and she also loved the co-ed learning environment in 7th/8th grades. While there is no perfect school on the planet, SAA is as close as you can get! SAA fostered our daughter's love of learning and she leaves the academy with two great loves: science and literature. She also leaves with great friends - lifelong sisters. The four pillars of SAA-SDS foster a very special community - for students and families. As an involved parent, it is very, very sad for me to say good-bye!

Posted August 12, 2013
We've been at SAA-SDS 7 years now and it has been a wonderful experience. I love that they teach differently at St. Agnes vs. St. Dominic since girls and boys learn differently yet our family is supporting one school and the boys and girls get to interact and participate in events together. It's the best of both worlds.

Posted August 11, 2013
St. Agnes is outstanding in every way! My daughter loves her teachers and her principal, and she is challenged each day she comes to school. From the minute my family set foot on this wonderful campus we felt welcomed and cared for. The education at SAA is amazing, however, what sets it apart from other private schools is the pervasive emphasis on spiritual growth. Moral and ethical teaching is integrated through religion classes, daily prayers in class and during the morning and afternoon announcements, weekly Mass and chapel, grade level service projects, student led prayer groups, etc. My family is not Catholic, however, we are embraced and made to feel a part of the Christian community at SAA. One of our parents captured it best when she said, Jesus walks the halls of St. Agnes Academy. The school is a hallmark of the best in education and that is why it is over 160 years old!

Posted August 04, 2013
We left and not one person in admin ever called to ask why. In the time we were enrolled at the school, no one in this top heavy organization ever attempted to know my name or connect me with my child. I feel certain no one will even notice we are gone since they never cared about us when we were there! Also, I have spent about $400 in tutoring getting my daughter up to speed for her new school. So much for superior academics!

St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School
4830 Walnut Grove Rd, Memphis, TN  38117
Last modified St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top