Memphis, TN

Posted July 27, 2009
My child loves this school and I love that the teachers are friendly and they are they there for the kids, to help them learn.

Posted July 21, 2009
I was alittle discouraged when I drove up and saw this school, but as I decided to not judge a book by it's cover and go ahead to enroll my son, he was done a huge turn around from last year, where he attended another school. They a small number in the classroom, which work perfect for him, because he got all the attention he needed. My son is growing and learning everday. I think if more parents thought I like I did, and give the school a try. This school could get back on the map

Posted July 21, 2009
My daughter has attended Elliston for a couple of years, and I never once worried about her safety. I felt like she was with family. She learned a lot from her teachers because they provide a lot of TLC. There is a lot of one on one with the children, and the teachers always tried to see how each child learned best and cater to their specific learning needs. Not every child is the same, they learn differently. So I respect they take the extra initiative to teach each child the best they can.

Posted July 07, 2009
I have been an employee of Elliston for a number of years and I would like to say I am very proud of this school and the staff. We have a very good group of dedicated people who care about your children and go the extra mile. I also had a child that attended Elliston who is now in medical school. I credit the school for leading her in this direction. I would recommend the school to everyone, if you want a caring, safe, learning enviorment.

Posted February 10, 2009
I have worked at Elliston for almost 35 years. We have always strived to do the best for the students here. As most schools, there have been some teachers that were better than others. We are trying to build the school back up. We have excellent teachers for 2008-09. Our facilities may not be the Ritz, because we don't charge $10,000.00 per student. We provide a Christian education in a safe environment, that alot of parents could not afford otherwise. Those who usually complain, are those that don't put anything into their school, so therefore they don't get much out of it! We provided some students with a good education, whose parents left owing money when they were capable of doing so. Regardless, God has blessed us with keeping our doors open for 37 years now. We must be doing something right!

Elliston Baptist Academy 5

Posted March 26, 2008
Ellliston is turning back in the right direction. They are moving away from the pace curriculum and the new administration has a great vision for the school. Previous posts do not represent the school as it is today. This school is going to do great things for our choldren.

Elliston Baptist Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2007
I actually was a student at this school from grades 5-11. I hated this school so much, and like another person said high school does do the pace program and its horrible! You don't learn anything more than what's in that little book. When I was in school I loved it, now that Im out I feel I don't know anything I should I wish I went to public schools and had real books and teachers that knew how to teach.

Posted May 26, 2006
My daughter has attended this school since she was in kindergarten. I am proud of this school. There has been a turnover in teachers this past year but i believe that has all been corrected. This school turns in high numbers when the annual tests are done to rate the various schools. I feel elliston will get turned around.

Elliston Baptist Academy 2

Posted May 05, 2006
This is the most poorly run school that I have ever seen! And I have to pay for my children to go here! There are different rules that apply to certain students. They are lucky if they have a teacher in the classroon half the time! The good teachers are gone they ran them off so im wondering what next year will be like for my kids.the private school board needs to know about what is going on and needs to clean up Ellistons mess! hmm not a bad idea.more paernts need to stop being afarid and speak up so positive change can be made these are our children!We are paying for this lets get the lead out!

Elliston Baptist Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2005
As a parent of a former student I can tell you this school is pathetic. Tuition rates are low making it more affordable than most private schools in our area but little better than a public school. The facilities are woefully neglected and although there are a handful of caring, qualified teachers, most are incompetent. My wife also worked as a substitute teacher there and can tell you first hand that most of the high school students can barely read. They are pretty much allowed to do whatever they want without repercussion . Elementary grades are better but I would recommend removing your student after grade 5. This was once a fine school and with proper admin. it could be again. I recommend only as a last resort alternative to public school.

4179 Elliston Road, Memphis, TN  38111
Last modified Elliston Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Elliston Baptist Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top