PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are not board certified or teachers at all. We were forced to call the men "brothers" and the women were just "ms". Very few had even been to college. The teachers were in no way qualified to teach any subject.

Amount of homework: no rating

Pace program is a booklet you use and do your work at your own pace. There are no other assignments or obligations.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Preaches homophobia and fear. Inaccurate science lessons with deception. Still uses paddling as punishment without consent of parent.

My child loves this school and I love that the teachers are friendly and they are they there for the kids, to help them learn.

I was alittle discouraged when I drove up and saw this school, but as I decided to not judge a book by it's cover and go ahead to enroll my son, he was done a huge turn around from last year, where he attended another school. They a small number in the classroom, which work perfect for him, because he got all the attention he needed. My son is growing and learning everday. I think if more parents thought I like I did, and give the school a try. This school could get back on the map

My daughter has attended Elliston for a couple of years, and I never once worried about her safety. I felt like she was with family. She learned a lot from her teachers because they provide a lot of TLC. There is a lot of one on one with the children, and the teachers always tried to see how each child learned best and cater to their specific learning needs. Not every child is the same, they learn differently. So I respect they take the extra initiative to teach each child the best they can.

I have been an employee of Elliston for a number of years and I would like to say I am very proud of this school and the staff. We have a very good group of dedicated people who care about your children and go the extra mile. I also had a child that attended Elliston who is now in medical school. I credit the school for leading her in this direction. I would recommend the school to everyone, if you want a caring, safe, learning enviorment.

I have worked at Elliston for almost 35 years. We have always strived to do the best for the students here. As most schools, there have been some teachers that were better than others. We are trying to build the school back up. We have excellent teachers for 2008-09. Our facilities may not be the Ritz, because we don't charge $10,000.00 per student. We provide a Christian education in a safe environment, that alot of parents could not afford otherwise. Those who usually complain, are those that don't put anything into their school, so therefore they don't get much out of it! We provided some students with a good education, whose parents left owing money when they were capable of doing so. Regardless, God has blessed us with keeping our doors open for 37 years now. We must be doing something right!

Ellliston is turning back in the right direction. They are moving away from the pace curriculum and the new administration has a great vision for the school. Previous posts do not represent the school as it is today. This school is going to do great things for our choldren.

I actually was a student at this school from grades 5-11. I hated this school so much, and like another person said high school does do the pace program and its horrible! You don't learn anything more than what's in that little book. When I was in school I loved it, now that Im out I feel I don't know anything I should I wish I went to public schools and had real books and teachers that knew how to teach.

Last modified Elliston Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12