Memphis, TN
Students enrolled: 1,453

Kirby High School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Most people always talk about kirby high school in a bad way. They say "the kids at kirby is bad", "the teachers are not teaching the students right", "the administers can't control the kids"...etc. But all of this is not true, there's alot of kid that are disrespectful, not because of the school its because of their parent or parents are not raising them up right. The first time i heard of this school all i heard was bad and nagetive things. At first i was scared to come to this school because if the negative reports, but every since i have deen here the school has been getting beter by Dr Willia (principle). There academic scores are going up and their sports programs are getting better through the man rise program (Germantown baptis church). People, schools, the comunity and memphis look at kirby and say the negative things, but never looks at the good things kirby students had done. I promis you, if you find the good things kirby has done you will be shocked because you never hear the good things. Last but not least Dr Williams has done a more than great job with kirby high and the students. They are realy moving for good to great.

Posted April 04, 2014
Kirby is a great and very educated school. Yes I am aware of the behavior that has nothing to do with the school if the child wasn't raised right. It was between that child and that child's parents. The teachers are great and wealthy .

Kirby High School 1

Posted May 02, 2012
Please don't make the mistake of sending your child to this school like I did! This school needs to be shut down. Most of the teachers & administration are unprofessional & the students run the school with their bad behavior! This school is a great example of how Memphis City Schools not getting it right & preparing children!

Kirby High School 1

Posted August 07, 2011
I am very disappointed in Kirby High School. There is no control of the students because and teachers let them do whatever they want to. The police presence before and after school made me feel like I was dropping off and picking my child up from prison instead of high school. My child attended Kirby for one semester and as a concerned parent I am will to take whatever steps are necessary to keep her from returning. My child didn't have behavioral issues so I feel she was passed along based on her conduct. She never had homework and when I attended PTA meetings most of her teachers were very unorganized or should I say surprised because I was the only parent to show up in most of her classes.

Posted September 05, 2009
this school has made AYP the last two years with a new principal. The enrollment has increase from 1400 to 1800+..students are now on the waiting list trying to get into the 'new' Kirby High school.

Posted July 14, 2008
This school had A huge Makeover. the principle is amazing with kids and he is extremely fair, he promotes education and respect, and teaches the kids have respect for themselves. He promotes everything good he is the shiny example of honesty and integrity and Mr. Williams should go down in history for what he is accomplished at this school, I hope he will continue to lead this school, I dont' know what the kids will do without him. This my son's last year and my daughters first year and I am honored to have this man, principle, Father, and powerful figure, as a leader over my kids. I am excited for the up and coming year and I know that it will be great. Antoinette Brittman is a fan of Mr. Reginald Williams, Hats off to the staff they lead by example. To Mr. Williams congradulations for creatng the 'New Kirby'

Posted September 18, 2006
Kirby was a great school when Mr. Killough was there, I graduated in 2003. I learned so much during my 4 years there, Mr. Caldwell, and Mrs. Linda Davis played an important part in my life during that time. I currently work for the school system and I love my job. These teachers along with many more can be accredited for making sure that we learned not only our Academics but they also taught us about life and how to cope in the real world. I can honestly say that everything that I have accomplished today is because these wonderful teachers took the time to teach there students how to succeed in life. Tasha

Kirby High School 4

Posted November 16, 2004
kirby is a great school the teachers are wonderful and a student i have learned so much from tis school. the staff there has ample oppritunities to excel. now accademcly the scool is great it is that some of the students there make it difficult for some students to achieve. other than that Kirby High School is a good school.

Posted June 01, 2004
Kirby is a great school. Kirby like any other school gets a bad reputation because of the kids who aren't involved in their education. The same kids who just come to school to start trouble is at every school. And I get angry when I hear people misjudge the teachers at Kirby high. I have been to two previous high schools in Memphis and never have I meet such dedicated teachers until I got to Kirby. But how would you people understand 'Because to understand Kirby you have to had went to Kirby' So if your planning on sending your child to Kirby just make sure their involved in their education a sport, and/or extra-curricular activity and they should do just fine! Congrats c/o 2004 we are and always will be the best!

Kirby High School 3

Posted December 04, 2003
I think that Kirby High is a good school to attend. Honestly I feel that this school is no different than any other Memphis City School. Yes, it does lack some things, but what's new? Many people in Memphis often criticize Kirby due to its perceived unsavory reputation. However, to those who hold that perception, there is more to Kirby that meets the eye. People should take a closer look at the community known as Kirby High School. While Kirby may not have a fifty plus year track record like Central or White Station High Schools, Kirby has managed to graduate students and send them to schools as diverse as Princeton University, Rhodes College, Howard University, West Point, and The Air Force Academy.

Kirby High School
4080 Kirby Pw, Memphis, TN  38115
(901) 416-1960
Last modified Kirby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirby High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top