Kirby High School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Most people always talk about kirby high school in a bad way. They say "the kids at kirby is bad", "the teachers are not teaching the students right", "the administers can't control the kids"...etc. But all of this is not true, there's alot of kid that are disrespectful, not because of the school its because of their parent or parents are not raising them up right. The first time i heard of this school all i heard was bad and nagetive things. At first i was scared to come to this school because if the negative reports, but every since i have deen here the school has been getting beter by Dr Willia (principle). There academic scores are going up and their sports programs are getting better through the man rise program (Germantown baptis church). People, schools, the comunity and memphis look at kirby and say the negative things, but never looks at the good things kirby students had done. I promis you, if you find the good things kirby has done you will be shocked because you never hear the good things. Last but not least Dr Williams has done a more than great job with kirby high and the students. They are realy moving for good to great.

Posted April 04, 2014
Kirby is a great and very educated school. Yes I am aware of the behavior that has nothing to do with the school if the child wasn't raised right. It was between that child and that child's parents. The teachers are great and wealthy .

Kirby High School 1

Posted May 02, 2012
Please don't make the mistake of sending your child to this school like I did! This school needs to be shut down. Most of the teachers & administration are unprofessional & the students run the school with their bad behavior! This school is a great example of how Memphis City Schools not getting it right & preparing children!

Kirby High School 1

Posted August 07, 2011
I am very disappointed in Kirby High School. There is no control of the students because and teachers let them do whatever they want to. The police presence before and after school made me feel like I was dropping off and picking my child up from prison instead of high school. My child attended Kirby for one semester and as a concerned parent I am will to take whatever steps are necessary to keep her from returning. My child didn't have behavioral issues so I feel she was passed along based on her conduct. She never had homework and when I attended PTA meetings most of her teachers were very unorganized or should I say surprised because I was the only parent to show up in most of her classes.

Posted September 05, 2009
this school has made AYP the last two years with a new principal. The enrollment has increase from 1400 to 1800+..students are now on the waiting list trying to get into the 'new' Kirby High school.

Kirby High School 3

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted July 14, 2008
This school had A huge Makeover. the principle is amazing with kids and he is extremely fair, he promotes education and respect, and teaches the kids have respect for themselves. He promotes everything good he is the shiny example of honesty and integrity and Mr. Williams should go down in history for what he is accomplished at this school, I hope he will continue to lead this school, I dont' know what the kids will do without him. This my son's last year and my daughters first year and I am honored to have this man, principle, Father, and powerful figure, as a leader over my kids. I am excited for the up and coming year and I know that it will be great. Antoinette Brittman is a fan of Mr. Reginald Williams, Hats off to the staff they lead by example. To Mr. Williams congradulations for creatng the 'New Kirby'

Posted January 30, 2008

Posted September 22, 2007

Kirby High School 2

Posted September 04, 2007
- a former student

Kirby High School
4080 Kirby Pw, Memphis, TN  38115
(901) 416-1960
Last modified Kirby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirby High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.