Bad
Good

Posted January 06, 2016
Fox Meadows Elemetary has got to be one of the worst schools in the city. My oldest son has been attending this school for 3 years now and I realized that more than half of these teachers are not good teachers. They really don't seem to care about making sure each student gets the lesson. My oldest son is very smart and catches on really fast so there should be no reason he is sitting in a classroom for 8 hours each day not getting the lesson 100%! Most of these teachers teaching skills are not effective. He comes home, I explain and he gets it right away. one of my sons teacher said "The school system now, has set our children up for failure". It's sad because I feel like this school is wasting my boys time. They could be attending a school where the teachers actually teach them. My other son is in kindergarten, his teacher balled his paper up in his face on two different occasions. What a way to discourage a child!! I've talked to the assistant principal about this incident and she told me" you can't believe everything kids say." Then she suggested that I talk to his teacher. I raised my children and I know my children, if my children tells me something like that happened at school I will believe it and I will go to the school with concern. My boys are good boys, conduct always "E" and has never given them any problems. Anyway, I talked to his teacher and she admitted to balling his paper up. Nothing after that matters,as a parents it's up to us to provide our children with the best tools now to survive later on.With my children attending this school it has opened my eyes to many things, now with much determination all I care about is making sure they have a better opportunity with teachers that understand failure is not an option! This is my children's last week at Fox Meadows Elemetary.Thank God.

Fox Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2015
I'm not pleased, my child came from a school that has a high rate and is a Montessouri school . He has been here and test scores and grades dropped from all A's to A,C,D's. I m not pleased with the few teachers that he had this year to me and his dad did' nt seem to be concern about how to help him transtion from one State school system to another. never even responed to any notes that I sent to them. I ask what could we do as a team to help him keep up with the other students or learn how to speed up. He always did work with his parents and studied at home, what we could because the area he was week in they did'nt care these teacher some are just their for a check. my child needs a teacher that will work with the parent when they see a weakiness in a child's education.

Fox Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2014
On a whole I am very satisfied with the education that my children are recieving. My only complaint is that I don't see enough activities for the students to participate in. I would also like to see some after school or before school tutoring for students who are struggling.

Posted April 08, 2014
I would not recommend this school for any parent to let their child attend ... My daughter is in the 5th grade & her teachers are horrible, they do not care about the student and they give conduct checks and behavior logs if one student does something they blame all the children for it .... The kids don't have a voice at that school it's all about the teacher's ..At the beginning of the school year a lot of parents that I know with fifth grade student took their children out of that school & placed them elsewhere & I wish I would have done the same thing with my daughter I can't wait until this school year is over ...

Posted February 25, 2010
This is a poorly guided school. Teachers main focus is always on the older children. A kk got into trouble and instead of the school trying to find a solution to help the parent they would prefer to suspend the child. When trying to arrange a meeting with the principal and anyone that has authority they always bump the children to the back burner

Posted April 20, 2007
The principle, faculty and staff are superior in recognizing when students need extra help. They are on top of academics. We as parents can't thank them enough for the extra mile they go to help our children.

Posted February 26, 2007
Mrs. Rhonda Bowles-Howard displays professionalism in all aspects of her interactions with faculty, staff, and parents. She has some hardworking faculty who have been recognized as National Board Certified and Rotary Excellence. I expect even greater achievements from this school in the future.

Posted February 08, 2007
The quality of acqdemic programs are excellent. The availability of music, art sports and other extracurricular activities are outstanding. The level of parent involvement is unlimited. Amazing school. Could not find a better school for my daughter in the city of Memphis.

Fox Meadows Elementary School
2960 Emerald Street, Memphis, TN  38115
Last modified Fox Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.