Memphis, TN

Posted May 31, 2012
I love Holmes Rd. Elementary!! I hove been involved and has had children to attend this school since it opened in 2004.. I've not had any problems with neither of the principals nor any of the teachers.. All of them seem to have a genuine love and care for the students.. Mr.Fant, Mrs.Campbell, Mrs.B. Williams,Mrs,Stokes, Ms. Evans, and the list goes on and on with the staff and the superb job they do as teachers!! Thank you guys!! Much!!

Posted September 12, 2009
This school is doing a fine job my children have successfully learned at this school on the other hand i think you should add 1 advanced class per grade.

Posted July 29, 2009
My kids are Holmes Rd scholars and I have been fine with the teachers thus far, with kids going into the 5th and 3rd for the 2009 school yr. I care very little of the principals but their not the ones teaching my children so I find myself looking past them. Overall, decent school....but needs principals that are there 'to empower the children' as they love to enforce and not principals there to 'look cute'! WOW!

Posted July 17, 2008
I use to think Holmes Rd Elementary was a good school. I am still pleased with some of the teachers I had met. But, I am very disappointed with the Principal of Holmes Road Elementary. Based on previous conversation/experience with the Principal, he appears to be arrogant, unconcerned about the students. I expect teachers and leaders of the school system to be an advocate for our children as it relates to their education. I expect the leaders to make an attempt to work along with the parents so the children can achieve and be productive citizens of our environment. What ever happen to the 'ole school' teachers and principals who cared about our children?

Holmes Road Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
Holmes Road is a great school. Mrs. Phifer (5th) and Mrs Pate(4th) are examples of teachers who not there only to get paid, but have a love and concern for the children's future.

Posted March 04, 2008
My daughter attended Holmes Road the first day the doors opened she was in kindergarten. She graduated from Holmes Road (5th grade). My son presently attends and has been there since pre-k and is now a second grader. The principal, vice and teachers are excellent.

Posted July 12, 2006
I love Holmes Road Elem. My two children have been attending this school for three years now and they love it. I especially love the new principal and the great staff. Holmes Rd offers many extracurricular activities and has high standards for each student to excel.

Holmes Road Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2005
Overall I think Holmes Elm. is good for my child. There are some good teachers there especially Ms. Phifer. She puts me in mind of an (ole school) teacher. I see she's not there for just a paycheck. She's really expects her class to do its best(very challanging) She sees the potential in the children. Ms. Oakley is also good for my nephew who is in kindergarten. I see the difference in him also. I do belive the children need to get outside more. Being in class all day a child probably can't focus as well as well being in all day. I have also noticed that they can't talk much at lunch. On my visits they are told to be quiet a lot. I understand they shouldn't be loud. But should be able to talk a little. I don't think its the only school that does though.

Posted July 31, 2004
I am pleased with the way holmes rd has improved. My children are excelling and their self esteem has increased. Thanks to the faculity and staff for job well done.

Holmes Road Elementary School
1083 Holmes Rd, Memphis, TN  38116
Last modified Holmes Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holmes Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top