School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Ridgeway is built on a tradition of excellence. As the only IB school in West Tennessee, we pride ourselves in educating the "whole child." All students are exposed to the IB curriculum which includes a global focus in all classes. Approximately, 40 unique clubs are also offered to the students. Ridgeway is truly an amazing school.
June 13, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
The school prides itself on promoting honesty and integrity through the IB Learner Profile, IB Academic Honesty Policy, multiple clubs and assemblies.
Posted June 13, 2016

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 13, 2016

The structure and academic exposure for the students create opportunities for all students to be successful.

Fantastic administration and faculty. A very well-run school where the children are visibly cared for.

Great school. Great kids and teachers. I will miss RMS as my child move on to high school. Thanks you Ridgeway.

Ridgeway Middle Optional International Baccalaureate Candidate School is a great school! I am a third year parent at the school and I am happy with the changes that the new administration has brought to the school. My child loves to come to school and loves the new staff that have been hired under the administration. This school has stepped up and is after one year, one of two middle schools not on the low performing list in the Southeast region and moved to a level 5 school after one year of the new administration. My child is a part of the optional program and he is not only performing well in school academically but he is finding other interests in the many clubs and opportunities that are offered, that were not available before. As a parent, member of the Roadrunner 100 club, and cheerleader for the school, I want to commend Principal Corey Williams, Mrs. Turner and staff for what they are doing to make Ridgeway Middle School the best school it can be. http://www.mcsk12.net/schools/ridgeway.ms/site/index.shtml

This school has been nothing but a headache since day one. The supply lists demand materials for the entire class rather than for my child. I don't mind donating, but supply whole classes is too much. They couldn't figure out their own registration lists. The administration was rude and condescending when I brought attention to a topic taught in class that was inappropriate and not factual. The same teacher wore unprofessional attire to open house. Then one day we happen to be a minute, maybe 2 late (definitely less than 5min). My child was told to call me as I must sign him in. For a simple tardy? I had to turn around, go back to the school, and when I went into the attendance office, there was a room full of kids getting tardy slips and NONE of their parents were there. Every since I complained about the course content, the staff and administration have been rude and it feels as if they are singling my child out. Schools like this are why Memphis cannot garner good teachers and retain them.

Ridgeway Middle is a joke and a place of bullying from teachers and administration to students. I've never seen educators so disrespectful to students like those in Ridgeway Middle. I had to pull out my son, two months after school started. How can these educators demand respect from students? They should be a good example and be good roll models of respects, ethics and integrity.

Ridgeway Middle School is one of the very best if not the nest public school left in the city of Memphis: Every school be it public or private has it's good and bad points but over all. Ridgeway has more to offer in a public school facility & academic. The location is awsomne!, the academics are on point & the extra curricular activities. As far as teachers & administrative staff goes! it's all the same Globally in the city or County or private; a person's educational portfolio cannot make up for what is lacked in character & common sense.

The only thing that I like about this school is the CLUE teacher Mrs. Causey. The principal, the administrative staff, and the majority of all teachers that I have come into contact with at this school are rude, speak to you in an undignified manner, and single out children that stand up for themselves when they are wronged. Ridgeway Middle has lost my child leaving me to spend 2 hours looking for her, a teacher snatched her and threw her into a wall, and I am currently looking for another learning environment all together for my child. This school has caused stress and durest for my entire family. It was the same for my little brother when he attended this atrocious facade of a learning facility. In my opinion, Ridgeway Middle is one of the worst schools in the entire city, and should be closed!

Last modified Ridgeway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.