Posted September 20, 2012
Ridgeway Middle Optional International Baccalaureate Candidate School is a great school! I am a third year parent at the school and I am happy with the changes that the new administration has brought to the school. My child loves to come to school and loves the new staff that have been hired under the administration. This school has stepped up and is after one year, one of two middle schools not on the low performing list in the Southeast region and moved to a level 5 school after one year of the new administration. My child is a part of the optional program and he is not only performing well in school academically but he is finding other interests in the many clubs and opportunities that are offered, that were not available before. As a parent, member of the Roadrunner 100 club, and cheerleader for the school, I want to commend Principal Corey Williams, Mrs. Turner and staff for what they are doing to make Ridgeway Middle School the best school it can be. http://www.mcsk12.net/schools/ridgeway.ms/site/index.shtml

Ridgeway Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2012
This school has been nothing but a headache since day one. The supply lists demand materials for the entire class rather than for my child. I don't mind donating, but supply whole classes is too much. They couldn't figure out their own registration lists. The administration was rude and condescending when I brought attention to a topic taught in class that was inappropriate and not factual. The same teacher wore unprofessional attire to open house. Then one day we happen to be a minute, maybe 2 late (definitely less than 5min). My child was told to call me as I must sign him in. For a simple tardy? I had to turn around, go back to the school, and when I went into the attendance office, there was a room full of kids getting tardy slips and NONE of their parents were there. Every since I complained about the course content, the staff and administration have been rude and it feels as if they are singling my child out. Schools like this are why Memphis cannot garner good teachers and retain them.

Ridgeway Middle School 1

Posted June 12, 2012
Ridgeway Middle is a joke and a place of bullying from teachers and administration to students. I've never seen educators so disrespectful to students like those in Ridgeway Middle. I had to pull out my son, two months after school started. How can these educators demand respect from students? They should be a good example and be good roll models of respects, ethics and integrity.

Posted July 17, 2011
Ridgeway Middle School is one of the very best if not the nest public school left in the city of Memphis: Every school be it public or private has it's good and bad points but over all. Ridgeway has more to offer in a public school facility & academic. The location is awsomne!, the academics are on point & the extra curricular activities. As far as teachers & administrative staff goes! it's all the same Globally in the city or County or private; a person's educational portfolio cannot make up for what is lacked in character & common sense.

Ridgeway Middle School 1

Posted August 25, 2010
The only thing that I like about this school is the CLUE teacher Mrs. Causey. The principal, the administrative staff, and the majority of all teachers that I have come into contact with at this school are rude, speak to you in an undignified manner, and single out children that stand up for themselves when they are wronged. Ridgeway Middle has lost my child leaving me to spend 2 hours looking for her, a teacher snatched her and threw her into a wall, and I am currently looking for another learning environment all together for my child. This school has caused stress and durest for my entire family. It was the same for my little brother when he attended this atrocious facade of a learning facility. In my opinion, Ridgeway Middle is one of the worst schools in the entire city, and should be closed!

Ridgeway Middle School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
I love Ridgeway Middle School because my teacher Ms. Collins is the most patient teacher I have ever had. I am in Honors Algebra I and it is very hard. Ms. Collins is willing to stay after school or whatever it takes until I understand the problems. My other teachers are nice also. The Principle and Asst. Principle are tuff but fair. Don't get me wrong, every school has some bad teachers and some bad students; but overall Ridgeway Middle is a G-R-E-A-T SCHOOL!

Ridgeway Middle School 0

Posted September 08, 2009
Iam not just a parent but I was a teacher at Ridgeway for the past year as well. My child loves everything about Ridgeway and never wants to come home. She literally goes to sleep and wakes up with Ridgeway on her mind. Academically, I was impressed, she did very well and I credit the wonderful teachers, who are so inspirational, motivational, and teaches so enthusiatically duing hands-on self-created lessons at times. They are awesome. The PTA meetings are more like a game. The parents are so supportive and involved. The administrators were on top of their jobs everyday on the halls making sure teachers were inspiring young minds. I have never seen a school so on top of their game or gain. Ridgeway is one of the best schools in the USA not just Memphis.

Posted August 27, 2008
I absolutely love this school! It reminds me of the time when teachers cared about the students back in the day. I attended the Parent Meeting tonight and could not believe the parent involvement and the enthusiasm of the entire faculty. My son went to Kirby Middle for one semester, and Ridgeway Middle is so different. At Kirby, when my husband and I went to the PTA meeting, there was a handful of parents and only the principal. That is so sad! Tonight at Ridgeway, there was so many parents, teachers, and students there. Amazing!! This is the way a school should be.

Posted August 18, 2008
Great school!!! My son loves it!! My husband and I love it too. It reminds me of when we were in junior high. Good quality leadership and teachers. Ridgeway, keep it up!!!

Posted July 20, 2008
its just a great school for students to go it has lots of activities and more!

Ridgeway Middle School
6333 Quince Rd, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Ridgeway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeway Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top