Bad
Good

This school does not want/allow parents to come in until 1 pm. The principal is Mr. Brittum is very moody. They are only nice to you if the superior is around. The font office Secretary tells all business nothing is confidential. The attendance Secretaryallows any and everyone to call in but if I call....(a known mother because im there a lot and can't get help over the phone) mu son never gets his messages. The school recently had a fight that made it to the media and because the principal boss was there a child got supspended for chewing gum...I'm a witness that at least five to eight kids chewing gum. So why did one child get penalized. The principal is only shows interest in front of you it really don't care. This is the worst school in Shelby county schools with a beautiful building. But if what's inside don't lines up with the outside the truth finally will be seen!

My school is a veryy good school, and very stricted but the prencipal (Tonya McBride) to be honesty no one like her even me and she dont like me she always think she knows BEST but she dont for me.

I would first like to give kudos to my colleagues and the admin. team due to their continual support of the students, parents, self and teammates. We work hard and harder each day to educate students to become lifelong learners that shall succeed in this everchanging economically challenged world. Survival in the classroom is not just a skill that must be taught it is a skill that we must be willing to learn. We are a data driven school that will continue to motivate ourselfves no matter the task, motivate our students and overcome mountains/barriers that man may place on us. However, within the community it the good and the bad. We as parents and/or uncles/aunts must be advocates for our students in that you stand and help the school not hinder the work of others.

My kid goes to A.Maceo Walker, this is a great school. Alot of the teachers care about the students. My child loves it there. It has a good varitey of programs for kids. The only down fall is that principal. She does not do her job good enough. But Overall it is a wonderful School.

Last modified A. Maceo Walker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.