PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is terrible. I would not even say it is Islamic. The teachers continuously yell at the students for not getting a hundred percent on every piece of work they are given. There is a lot of homework and my child always comes home doing homework the whole time. They never even get to eat their lunch. The uniform is also too strict. My child was wearing a grey sweater and was told it was to colorful. The only reason my child still goes to this school is because it is close to our house.

Children who need extra attention to complete the assignments are left behind and always picked on. They are labeled for their inability to do the work or even the fact that they need more attention. The Principal was very unhelpful and made no attempts to fix the problem. He didn t bother to respond to my emails or my phone numbers. When my child receives a bad grade on any subject, the teachers don t care and don t attempt to work with the student to help him/her improve. I am sick and tired of their unprofessionalism. I am glad I was able to find another school for my children.

My daughter graduated from the school a few years ago. She was well prepared for college and was able to secure full scholarship in one of the west schools in TN. She attended the school since she was in KG. I am grateful to all the teachers and staff and for the principal for her support.

I love the expansion of the sports faciltities at our school! More extracurricular activities to our kids.

PVS has strong academics and a wonderful safe environment for my children. We have been parents and supporters of this Islamic school from its inception. We love it! As for the naysayers, we beg to differ on every account. Anyone who is dissatisfied with PVS and/or the staff should bring issues and concerns to the appropriate body for redress. There are policies and procedures that can be used to remedy most concerns. This forum cannot correct issues from disgruntled anonymous people. We all have our shortcomings Only Allah is Perfect!

My children attended PVS for the past 6 years. Teachers and Principal are very easy to access. Very high standards and challenging curriculum. Excellent sports activities.

This school's website and services are sub par. You can't get one single email for contact and there doesn't seem to be much useful information on there for even those who have kids going here. The school in itself is already quite low in academic excellence as I have seen teachers neglecting to teach even! The principal is not easy to contact and not very efficient in making even minor improvements to the school. You would think that with such a small school, the management of students would be better but that is unfortunately not the case here.

I rate this school below average. My child attend this school for 5 years his grades has been falling teachers show no efforts to contact the parents in order to improve the students grades. With the handful of students this school has Principal, Vice principal to do nothing. It is sad to write all this but, this is the only Islamic school were we have hopes for our kids. My advice to this school management to do something in order to save this school future.

I think that PVS is improving but there are too many outside factors that get involved in the school when they have no business there. It is growing and has great potential.

My daughter has only been going to PVS for about 5 or 6 months. So far it has been a excellent experience for her. She loves the teachers and she has really learned alot since she has been going there. It is a very good school.

Last modified Pleasant View School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8