Posted August 04, 2014
I absolutely love Grizzlies Prep and my son does as well. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure that students are learning. Teachers are personable and maintain great communication with parents. I have no complaints. The school requires the scholars to be responsible and they have procedures in place to make the boys accountable for their personal behavior. If your son cannot confirm to basic rules of society then this is not the school for him. There are strict uniform and behavioral expectations. Just what boys need to be able to stand out in a society that has become too casual and aloof. Parent participation is required and is a factor in your son staying in the school. I've enjoyed volunteering and being a chaperone. They offer great elective classes in addition to the core curriculum. My son has become more confident, motivated and articulate since he's been at GP.

Posted May 26, 2014
Grizzlies Prep (grades 6th and 7th currently) is a wonderful school! My son has flourished in his academics and more so, in his character as a young man. I have never seen such giving teachers. They are more than happy to stay over for tutoring and they really get involved in each family. They create a personal relationship with each young man that starts off in the morning with a handshake and a hello. They are quick to communicate with text, email, and phone calls. They are always available after school to speak with parents. I love the sense of community and opportunities that my son has had since we started him at Grizzlies Prep.

Posted October 22, 2013
The Grizzlies Academy is not a good school they have favoritism with certain students and they talk to your child like they are bombs on the street. And they make the students feel like they are nothing. The teachers nor the principles are not good role models they are awful

Grizzlies Academy 2

Posted September 14, 2013
My child did attend this school and at first he was fine but later was noticing a change in him that I did not like including with him being too tired to eat or feeling that he was not important at the school. And with some of the staff speaking to him as if he was beneath them was enough for to me to take him out. The Teachers need to be trained properly.

Posted May 16, 2013
Grizzlies Prep Academy is a great school academically. Unfortunately they possess poor moral and unethical pratices toward certain students. This school is in need of an administration rehab, there are only 2 teachers that carry themselves in a proffessional manner. This school is in need of a more male presence, security to insure the safety of the children while in school and a new administration. Favortism toward certain staff, students, and parents is completely obvious at this academy.

Posted April 30, 2013
This posting is old. The school is only 6th grade boys not 9- 12. It has reopened this year (2012-13) only with 6th grade and new staff. I recently withdrew my son because of a male teacher snatching an article away from around his neck and they will hold your child off the bus and will not call to let you know. I was in an up roar because I thought something happen to my son. I drove to the school and he was there but nobody called. They also keep a dog, that they say its a mascot. A grizzle is a bear not a dog. I do not recommend this school.

Posted March 31, 2009
They faculty and staff really care about the students and works really hard with them so they will be successful in school. The small class size was just what my child needed. Grizzlies is a great school. They really exposed the student to so many postive thing that were educational and cultural. I am glad my child attends Grizzlies Academy

Grizzlies Academy 4