Posted July 31, 2014
Macon Road Baptist School provides a quality Christian education, practices academic excellence, and promotes Biblical leadership skills by teaching the mind and reaching the heart of each student for Jesus Christ.

Macon Road Baptist School 3

Posted November 18, 2013
High school courses are very limited and are chosen by school administration (i.e. all freshmen take the same classes, all sophmores take the same classes, etc.). Extra curricular activities (fine arts, etc.) are non graded courses and are offered for an additional fee after school. Discipline is extremely strict (my child has actually been disciplined for raising their hand to ask a question on more than one occassion). Needs improvement on parental communication. Also be prepared to pack a lunch, the cafeteria offers frozen food purchased from Sams/Costco to heat in the microwave.

Posted February 10, 2012
This is our 3rd year at MRBS and we are absolutely amazed at what our son has learned. He was reading in K-4 and K-5 and now in first grade his reading skills are excellent. We have been very pleased with every aspect of MRBS. They truly excel in education and care about each child's spiritual health. Our son is gaining a great education and a strong foundation in Christ. Mr. Thorell, the administrator, always stresses the fact that MRBS is NOT a "private" school, it is a CHRISTIAN school and the difference is very effident. Christ centered education- it doesn't get any better!

Posted July 29, 2011
Wonderful school where I know my kids are safe while getting a quality education. I wish they encouraged more fun in the earlier grades, even preschool, but I understand the need to be strict. They may take it a bit too far at times, but worth the safety and security I have sending my kids there.

Posted July 29, 2011
THE TEACHERS ARE WONDERFUL AT MRB. HAVE SOME WITH MASTERS DEGREES. GREAT ALL AROUND CHRISTIAN PRIVATE SCHOOL.

Posted March 22, 2011
It is truly a great Christian school with an amazing low fee. The leadership has a strong faith and vision. My two boys in K4 and K5 learned and grew both academically and spiritually.

Macon Road Baptist School 4

Posted May 16, 2010
Christ centered Bibilically direct school where the students come first.

Macon Road Baptist School 4

Posted October 16, 2009
This is our third year at MRB. We love it. Excellant acadimically. A little legalistic at times. I would highly reccomend this school to anyone who wants their child to recieve a christian education.

Posted August 26, 2007

Posted August 17, 2006
I love this school. My son loves it too! This is only our second year there, but the teachers are great! He has learned so much in such little time. It is a great school! I do wish there were more extracurricular activities for the elementary students.

Macon Road Baptist School
1082 Berclair Road, Memphis, TN  38122
Last modified Macon Road Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Macon Road Baptist School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top