Southern Avenue Charter School 3

Posted June 22, 2014
Southern Avenue in my opinion is an okay school. I have seen way worse schools (AWM). This is my children 1st year and I haven't had any problems from the elementary school or middle school.The teachers communicated well with me about my children. The only problem I had was waiting in the long lines to pick them up in the afternoon.

Posted June 05, 2014
My child has attended this school since 2nd grade. The elementary school is great with a outstanding principal, the middle school is so unorganized with little or no communication with parents. Some of the teachers are so unprofessional and have issues with each other over things outside of the classroom. Teacher should have a dress code (uniform) just like the students because I have seen some dress very inappropriate for there profession. The new principal can not control the students and is very unconcerned with what is going on.I'm glad this will be my childs last year at this school.

Posted May 01, 2014
I love my school it is so fun. I love my 7th grade teacher Ms.Brown. 7-2

Posted January 19, 2014
I'm in 4th grade ,and i love all 3 of my teachers Mr. Grant, Mrs.Moss, and Mrs.Williams.. I love my principal Mr.Finley.. My cheer coaches Ms.Taylor, Ms. Guy, and Ms. Ragon.. I love Kaleidoscope so much I just love everything about it..!!!!!!! :] :] :] :] -Keiona Bowles

Posted January 17, 2014
I am a teacher at Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School. This is our ninth year. We have a great school with great teachers and administrators. Our students are in grades kindergarten-5th grades with 20 or fewer students per class. There are 367 students enrolled. Our teachers are certified or a part of the Teach for America Program. We participate in the National Achievement Network which helps us maintain high academic standards. Our mission is to teach the whole child. We have rigorous academics and creative arts ( piano, ballet, dance, Abacus/Mental Math, chess, sports such as soccer, basketball, cheer, etc., ). All of our students take conversational Spanish from our Spanish Native Teacher, Ms. Incio. Our 5th Grade Academy participates is a STEM Program and is housed at the middle school next door. We have a new "state of the art" library and a computer center. Both our elementary and middle schools are located in beautiful building on the same campus. We are located in the airport community near I-240 and the Memphis International Airport. Our teachers are dedicated and compassionate. Parents are required to spend 20 volunteer hours per year at our school. Visit.

Posted January 16, 2014
My child has attended Southern Avenue during the 2013-2014 school year. Our experience is horrible, I have found that despite the much touted 'encouragement' of parent/teacher interaction; there was significant push-back when trying to question certain areas of curriculum and day-to-day student experiences. I don't know about other schools in the area, but communication about classroom activities, school activities and even day-to-day student schedules is sorely lacking. Communication is often late or non-existent. While my child has experienced several problems, and I feel that he is not getting the much touted excellent education you often hear other parents rave about at Southern Avenue Charter School. I am looking into transferring my child to another school immediately. I will NEVER advise anyone to send his/her child to this school.

Posted June 18, 2012
My daughter went to the middle school and within the 2011-2012 school year they lost two teachers and a principal and they have poor communication with the parents. They will lie to you to make you keep your child at the school. So before you enroll your child be aware.

Posted October 04, 2008
i go to it it is wonderful

Southern Avenue Charter School 0

Posted August 12, 2008
Great school much success considering the other local charter school that my son attended. The staff is doing a great job.

Southern Avenue Charter School 0

Posted July 31, 2008
My child attended Southern Avenue and he had 4 teachers within the first semester of the school year. I was very disappointed with Southern Avenue.

Southern Avenue Charter School
221 Democrat, Memphis, TN  38132
Last modified Southern Avenue Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southern Avenue Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top