Public charter
Memphis, TN

Posted April 20, 2013
My 5 year old twins attend Star Academy they love every bit of it as well does my niece. I know my daughters have a bright future here at star academy.

Posted January 11, 2011
My daughter attends Star Academy (kindergarten)and I am pleased with the school. The curriculum challenges their mind while helping them propel to higher standards than most schools.At first I was overwhelmed with it myself, but after I saw the dedication and natural desire the teachers have to educate the kids I felt proud to be a parent of a child at STAR ACADEMY!!!! I can't wait until she gets to 3rd grade to do college tours..Yes college tours in the 3rd grade, how amazing!

Posted October 20, 2010
I love this school because for one, it challenges my son. The principal and the teachers are awesome. The reason I say that about the staff is that, I have never been to a school that everyday you drop your child off or pick your child up, that the principal and her staff is opening the doors for our children and the same thing in the evening. The only thing we have to do is drive up and unlock the door.

Posted April 06, 2010

Posted March 01, 2010
My son started at STAR in his kindergarten year and is now a 5th grade 'senior'. He has loved this school from the start and has often expressed to friends and family how his school's #1 goal is making every student college bound. The STAR Academy faculty and staff made my son into a lifelong learner. Thank you Dr.Tate!

Posted August 06, 2009
My children are attending star academy this school year and i love. My oldest child has been there 4 years and my youngest has been there 2 years. I couldn't ask for a better principal, teachers nor staff members. I fell in love with the school on my first visit, they are truly there for the needs of all children.

Posted July 13, 2009
My child has been attending this school since it first opened and it is the best school ever and it keeps and getting better. My son is only 9 years old and he is reading on an 6 grade level.

Star Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2008
My child is passing to the third grade and have been attending this school since the kindergarten. I am pleased with the overall learning environment of the school. I just wish there was a library and a computer lab inside the school.

Posted February 22, 2008
STAR is a wonderful school and I wish they went to the 12th grade. Dr. Tate and Mr. Branch are great. The students are learning things that you wouldn't imagine. Mrs. Brooks is the best she will challenge your child on every level. She works to expand their thinking.

Star Academy 4

Posted December 22, 2007

Star Academy
3240 James Rd, Memphis, TN  38108
Last modified Star Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Star Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top