Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

As I stated in my earlier responses that my concerns are only related to the pre-k lead teachers at this school!

Amount of homework: Agree

Pre-k is assigned nightly work which is about the only fair thing about my experience with this program!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The Pre-k lead teachers see their chosen career path as just a pay check! They have no love for their job nor their students!

Good School. No aftercare for all students. Limited to just 50. If you need aftercare do not go here! Also school is dismissed at 3:00PM not 3:15PM!!!!!! Parents have less than 30 minutes to pick up their kids to avoid late reporting. BECAUSE THE STAFF IS LEAVING AT 3:15PM

This school is a good school. It challenges students to do there best . I went pre-k though 1 then 3 until 5 so I enjoyed it. They have many activities for your child. Brewster does not care who or what you are yea I under that test scores are low but look at it some kids help the scores then you have the percental that bring it down no it's not a bad school some of the student make the school bad.

WH Brewster is a wonderful school. Sadly they face many challenges including language barriers and some parental apathy. I feel that they give 110% and really love the kids. My son is in Optional, Clue, and scored above average on all parts of the T-CAP in 3rd grade, and is well on his way to do just as well in the 4th grade. Overall the T-CAP scores for students at this school are low, but I feel that the school is not to blame because they constantly reach out to parents and encourage them to get involved. I am pleased with the school and don t have a single complaint despite what some people might think. I think some people are missing out on a diamond in the rough.

I had the misfortune of working at this horrible school for several years. The staff is top-notch, but the administration is the very worst sort you can have in Memphis. More concerned with appearances and reaching state-mandated test scores than education, every decision is made around making the administration look good rather than supporting the teachers. I would never send my child to this school despite the fact that there are many great teachers there. I hope and pray that every teacher there can find a job elsewhere. After 3 years of not reaching the required test-scores, there ins't a bright future for this school. Send your kids elsewhere if you can.

william herbert brewster school is a excellent school.the teachers and principle are tops.My daughter attended this school third grade until fifth grade.My daughter has aspergers syndrome its a form of autism the teachers and staff did a great job in helping with her disabilities and academic success she was an honer role student while attending this school. Darneisha loved this school and so did I.We will miss yall!

Great school and exellent leadership.

Last modified William Herbert Brewster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.