Memphis, TN
Students enrolled: 1,686

Southwind High School 1

Posted January 19, 2014
The rating for this school is wrong. The graduation rate for this school has went down every year. Southwind high school has somevofvthe lowest act scores in the state of tennessee. The teachers don't get alone and there are police at the school at least twice a semester .

Southwind High School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
This school was the worst I have ever dealt with. I have 3 children and we are a military family so I have seen different schools. The Principal is really never there. The Asst Principal is rude and cursed me out to the point that I cried because I didn't know how to handle any of our children being there. I moved...really quick. My son now goes to Bolton High and that has been awesome. I pray for the kids at Southwind daily and feel sorry for them. The ratings should show the leadership value. I did try to complain to the school board but never had a answer back.

Southwind High School 3

Posted August 13, 2012
The school started out great. Ms. Vaughan is a nice person, however, her leadership is not the best. The counselors are not very good at keeping up with the students graduation credits or counseling them on what is needed. Very poor lack of communication!!!!!!

Posted November 20, 2010
My daughter has been attending SWH since 9th grade and she is a senior this year. A wonderful school excellent principal and teachers. This campus is under control.

Posted February 23, 2010
Excellent school, extremely strict, has made huge steps in the right direction!

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted November 15, 2009
The school is one of the best in Memphis, it provides a great learning environment for the children and helps them in every way possible to become successful and achieve their full potential

Posted November 15, 2009
I really like this school because it has help me grow into a better person while providing me with the tools I need to achieve academic excellence

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted November 15, 2008

Southwind High School
7900 East Shelby Dr, Memphis, TN  38125
Last modified Southwind High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwind High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top