Memphis, TN

1st Class Montessori School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
My 3 year old and I Had an awful experience at this school. Poor teacher/parent communication. Could hardly get in touch with director to resolve issues. The restrictions on food and drink were obnoxious. They wouldn't allow milk because it promotes mucous production. No juice either except in the morning before school. My child would be exceptionally thirsty when I picked her up. Also one of the lead teachers was intimidating. My child was there approximately 6 weeks and was horrified and never wanted to attend montessori again. This is only a small portion.

Posted August 09, 2013
My son started at 1st Class Montessori School in 2012 as a kindergartener and after being transferred from a public school environment. Since then, he has taken the Stanford Achievement Test and scored above average in environmental science, has taken vocal and piano lessons, performed in a Christmas concert and piano recital at the Cordova location and is advancing in his reading. He sings on his way to school and when I pick him up - a clear indication of his happiness and comfort at his school. In addition, the environment is very clean, neat and orderly. I am very happy with 1st Class Montessori School.

1st Class Montessori School 4

Posted November 14, 2012
My child has attended for 2 school years now at the Cordova location on Appling and the learning is phenomenal. She is only 4 and is learning other languages, how to type,piano, on top of the traditional ABCs and 123s. They really challenge the children to excel and incorporate traditional and Montessori values. She has homework weekly and the teachers are good at what they do. A few teachers could be more friendly and warm and the school needs to increase parent involvement. I would recommend overall. the main drawback is its expensive for us right now and we will soon pull her out and hope for a great public school.

Posted December 15, 2009
I'm really impressed with 1st Class Montessori. The Director and Staff really care about the kids growth and development. My son has really benefited from the learning experiences at 1st Class.

Posted October 09, 2009
1st Class Montessori is the best. Thanks to the Directors and staff. My daughter doesn't ask to watch tv, but ask to read a book, and write. 1st Class Montessori staff seems to enjoy seeing their work blossom into very gifted and intelligent students. Thanks again Mrs. Hibbler, Ms. Thorpe, and staff for doing an excellent job.

Posted September 15, 2009
I am very satisfied with level of learning my son has gained. He has learned so much in a short amount of time. I know the sky is the limit.

Posted July 21, 2009
Ist Class Montessori has proven to be all that I had heard about it and more. The professionalism and dedication of the staff has set such high standards with me and the other parents. The education my grandson acquired at this school has allowed him to be able to compete against students any where in this state or across the country. I will forever recommend this school to any parent. Keep up the good work you are doing!!!

Posted March 04, 2009
1st Class Montessori has set a great foundation for my son. He has learned so much. My son has been with this school for three years. This will be his last year with 1st Class and I hate to see him go. But they have set the path for him. A great start for your child. They begin at age three. He speaks three different languages not including English! Outstanding school.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted February 15, 2008
This is a wonderful school for our beautiful beginners, i only wished that it was from pre-school to high school. I would certainly recomend all with small children to start at first class. Those kids are so well advanced. Great leadership also.

1st Class Montessori School
1336 Peabody Ave, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified 1st Class Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
1st Class Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top