Lausanne Collegiate School 1

Posted July 02, 2014
The IB program advertised by school is run by very young & inexperienced teachers . They advertise heavily .This school main focus is all around Tuition & NOT the student welfare . They are least bothered about a child well being. God forbid if you sign up there contract & decide the school is not the right fit - They will refuse to meet you and hound you through collection agencies & threaten to sue you.

Posted February 16, 2014
Interesting to read some of the comments below, most I wholeheartedly agree with. There is no other school like Lausanne in the Memphis area. Lausanne is a student centered school that supports, challenges, and encourages students to grow and be themselves. I encourage you to compare college acceptances and scholarships with any other school, you will find no one else comes close, Early acceptances in 2014 already include Harvard, MIT, Yale, Stanford, Georgetown, Rice, University of Chicago and many more. It is a privilege to work at such a wonderful and diverse school, I encourage you to visit and find out for yourself!

Lausanne Collegiate School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
We've been Lausanne parents for over 10 years. The school's best strengths are its sincere care and respect of each individual student and the diversity of the student body. It's not the most rigorous academic program in town (we wouldn't mind if it were), but if you are looking for a school that is nourishing to your student and passionate about making them good and healthy citizens, Lausanne is the place to go. It is also constantly trying to better itself by continuously trying new things and making positive changes. Lausanne was a front runner to introduce Mandarin to its foreign language program, and now is an IB school as well. We feel fortunate to have our kids there.

Posted June 15, 2013
Lausanne is a great school with a wonderfully student-centered approach. This means that activities and class lessons are designed with students in mind. Teachers ponder the following questions when designing lessons: Who are the students in this class? What can each child contribute? What backgrounds, cultures, religions, and experiences do these students have? Where do these students want to go or grow (socially, academically)? Because Lausanne is a private, independent school, teachers have a lot of flexibility in designing the curriculum, making it adaptable to each group of students. I love teaching here, and I love the camaraderie I share with the other teachers in my grade and subject area. At a young age, students are given independence (although sometimes parents do interfere with "cutting the cord") and opportunities to explore their lives and the world around them. This type of education cannot be found in any other provate school in Memphis, for sure!

Lausanne Collegiate School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
Lausanne is a good school in that it provides many opportunities and experiences that other schools can't. Lausanne does a great job of making its students feel comfortable around older students, staff, and teachers. In many other schools freshman may feel intimidated by juniors and seniors, but at Lausanne, students are close friends with peers from all grades. This is something I appreciate. I highly recommend Lower School because teachers are nurturing and kind. Kids have fun while learning loads. I don't recommend Upper school. I feel as if Lausanne has the same lowerschool approach. Many opportunities, but they are more lax than they should be. This time is critical for students and they should not have alot of free time. While some students can succeed in this environment some may slack off. While Lausanne can afford supplies for science experiments, other schools can still offer a better education If your upper school child needs an environment that will stimulate them with a rigorous curriculum and prepare them for the workload of college, this school is not it. However they provide lifelong friendships and build confidence. It depends on the needs of your child.

Posted February 28, 2013
Hats off to everyone in the Lausanne Collegiate School community of talented professionals and dedicated families for making it what it is today. We, as Lausanne parents, enjoyed our partnership with the school and our child is thriving in college life today.

Lausanne Collegiate School 1

Posted February 26, 2013
Beware of any institution that removes honest postings from this website that do not serve them in a favorable manner... or may "strike a nerve."

Posted August 28, 2012
My daughter has attended Lausanne for 12 years. I can't believe she is a senior. I truly think each morning when she goes to school, how blessed we are for her to have this amazing opportunity. She has been challenged to her full potential. Now being in the International Baccaulareate program we are hearing from the top colleges in the country that these are the students they are seeking. The high level of academics here is second to none in Memphis. She has also had so many opportunities through the arts and athletics. If you asked me what my favorite thing about her being a Lausanne student is I'd have to say the relationships she has developed. First of all her friends are just amazing. She has friends from all over the world. What she has learned from them has shaped her into being a citizen of the world. She has such a deep respect for others and their differences. She has learned that value comes not in having freinds who are just like you but in respecting each person for who they are. Secondly I'd have to say the relationships she has developed with her teachers. They are the most dedicated and professional faculty anywhere. They want to make sure each student succeeds.

Posted August 28, 2012
Our daughter and son are both students in the Lower School at Lausanne. We ve been there for 3 years. We are thankful everyday that our children are benefiting from the school s unique approach to student-centered learning. It s quite evident how much the school loves its students from the nurturing faculty and creative programs and continued efforts at improving the campus. I delight in seeing how the process encourages inquiry in our children. I love the types of questions they ask us to expand their knowledge and the fun conversations we have each day after school. I also love that individuals are celebrated at Lausanne and that respect of differences is the norm. With the kinds of success we re seeing from the students in grades above, not to mention the many kindnesses we see them bestow to our younger children, we know that our children are getting a great foundation and have fantastic futures ahead of them. Just look at the school s college stats and see for yourself. I highly recommend that you visit Lausanne as soon as possible and don t wait. Every grade level has something special about it starting from PK that you won t want your child to miss!

Posted August 28, 2012
My husband and I send our granddaughter to Lausanne. We have been very pleased with the education she has received. Her teachers are so close to her and they have "fun" while learning. The classes are small so the individual attention is greater. I think our favorite aspect is the diversity that she experiences. Her view of the world is very real...she goes to school with such a wide variety of kids. They accept each other whether they came from money or not, whether they are of the same nationality or not, whether or not they are of the same religion or not, whether their interests are athletics, academics, fine arts or all. I know all schools are not for all kids. It is impossible to make everyone happy. I am head of a school myself and realize this daily. I can only say how we feel about the program there and what future it is outlining for our granddaughter. Come take a look...spend a day asking the kids that go there what they think of THEIR school and they will be honest with you.

Lausanne Collegiate School
1381 W Massey Rd, Memphis, TN  38120
Last modified Lausanne Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lausanne Collegiate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.